Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
donut88

Finally Renovation Is Complete

Hi all,

after a long period of reno and buying process, finally my home is more or less settled. Now left with a sofa and dining table. All other stuff are in. :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

I'm listing down all the shops that i had dealt with and bought stuff from, so that whoever is reading this will know the shops and how i rate them.

Thank God that all these shops that i bought stuff never gave me any problems and i'm very happy with the products and service they provide, unlike some forummers who had unpleasant experience with other shops.

MEGA Discount Shop - F&P Fridge, TURBO stove, TOSHIBA LCD TV, LG washing machine, Built in RF Oven

Extreme Lighting - All my lights

INDULGE - WCs, storage heater, taps, shower sets, some bathroom accessories, basin

Poo Joo - Basins

Crystal Home - Shoe cabinet

Choo Chiang - All light switches

Home Niche - Laundry system

Besglas - Bathroom swing door

I will add on whenever i buy new stuff........

The above shops are good in their service and prices. Prices are very subjective coz it depends on how you bargain with them. For me, i got very good price for all my stuff..... no other shops can match them.

I only one comment on Poo Joo. Although their prices are pretty cheap, BUT their products are abit inferior quality in the finishings. Well, this is how i see them. The finishings are not so nice, kind of rough and meant for low budget usage. That's why i only buy 2 basins from them and no other things.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

after a long period of reno and buying process, finally my home is more or less settled. Now left with a sofa and dining table. All other stuff are in. :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

I'm listing down all the shops that i had dealt with and bought stuff from, so that whoever is reading this will know the shops and how i rate them.

Thank God that all these shops that i bought stuff never gave me any problems and i'm very happy with the products and service they provide, unlike some forummers who had unpleasant experience with other shops.

MEGA Discount Shop - F&P Fridge, TURBO stove, TOSHIBA LCD TV, LG washing machine, Built in RF Oven

Extreme Lighting - All my lights

INDULGE - WCs, storage heater, taps, shower sets, some bathroom accessories, basin

Poo Joo - Basins

Crystal Home - Shoe cabinet

Choo Chiang - All light switches

Home Niche - Laundry system

Besglas - Bathroom swing door

I will add on whenever i buy new stuff........

The above shops are good in their service and prices. Prices are very subjective coz it depends on how you bargain with them. For me, i got very good price for all my stuff..... no other shops can match them.

I only one comment on Poo Joo. Although their prices are pretty cheap, BUT their products are abit inferior quality in the finishings. Well, this is how i see them. The finishings are not so nice, kind of rough and meant for low budget usage. That's why i only buy 2 basins from them and no other things.

Power Dekor - Balcony Platform 8 inch height

Shanghai Tong Lee - Main door lockset, bedroom door handles (a small part of the main door lockset found to be spolit. I used back the old part from the old lockset. Supposed to go back to shop to change, but i lazy.)

Hi Donut88!

Appreciate if you could provide the address as well.... Thanks!

which address you want? all of them?

i dun have all of them. but all of their addresses can be found easily on web, go search yellowpages.com or yahoo search.

those are all the good services shop, thanks for the info :good:

how abt extremely poor service shops? maybe u can also let us know some so that we can be aware of it?

any recommendations for neighbourhood good service furniture shop? i am looking for one.. ;)

another one i just thought of:

Wall mount hair dryer - JVD Technologies. Address is at Kallang Way

This JVD Technology company supplies all toilet stuff, safes, clothes racks etc to hotels. They dun normally deal with walk in customers, but you are still able to buy from them direct.

Hoe Kee sells their hair dryers but only limited variety. JVD got more hair dryer models to choose from and sell cheaper.

The only problem is JVD open from Mon to Fri, office hours only.

those are all the good services shop, thanks for the info :good:

how abt extremely poor service shops? maybe u can also let us know some so that we can be aware of it?

any recommendations for neighbourhood good service furniture shop? i am looking for one.. ;)

I dun buy anything that i got bad service from the shop so far.

The thing is that the moment i walk into the shop and sense a lousy salesperson's attitude or the shop looks abit dingy or their prices looks too cheap, i just walk off.

So i didn't experience any lousy after sales service shop yet.

On the contrary, an experience i want to share with Home Crystal where i bought the shoe cabinet.

They are good in their service!! They are supposed to come between 1030am to 12noon. On that morning about 930am, the sales gal called me and remind me of the delivery time and ask for my permission to come at exactly 1030am, as my home is their first delivery of the day.

I thought that's a nice gesture and good service from them.

True enough, they came at exact 1030.

They came to fix up the cabinet. But later, they realised they brought the wrong shelves size. The guy apologise for it and promise to come back by 2pm-3pm on same day to give the correct shelves. He even told me to expect another guy coming.

I was abit disappointed coz i got to stay at home. Once the guys left, 5 mins later the same sales gal called me again to apologise. She sounded very sincere and profusely apologising to me. And she assured the guy will come as early as possible.

The correct shelves came at 1pm. And the guy also keep apologising to me.

I thought this shop has good service. They did what they had to do and very prompt in their recovery.

:good::good::good:

Hello.. could u give me the address of home crystal? Thanks! :)

I dun buy anything that i got bad service from the shop so far.

The thing is that the moment i walk into the shop and sense a lousy salesperson's attitude or the shop looks abit dingy or their prices looks too cheap, i just walk off.

So i didn't experience any lousy after sales service shop yet.

On the contrary, an experience i want to share with Home Crystal where i bought the shoe cabinet.

They are good in their service!! They are supposed to come between 1030am to 12noon. On that morning about 930am, the sales gal called me and remind me of the delivery time and ask for my permission to come at exactly 1030am, as my home is their first delivery of the day.

I thought that's a nice gesture and good service from them.

True enough, they came at exact 1030.

They came to fix up the cabinet. But later, they realised they brought the wrong shelves size. The guy apologise for it and promise to come back by 2pm-3pm on same day to give the correct shelves. He even told me to expect another guy coming.

I was abit disappointed coz i got to stay at home. Once the guys left, 5 mins later the same sales gal called me again to apologise. She sounded very sincere and profusely apologising to me. And she assured the guy will come as early as possible.

The correct shelves came at 1pm. And the guy also keep apologising to me.

I thought this shop has good service. They did what they had to do and very prompt in their recovery.

:good::good::good:

Hello.. could u give me the address of home crystal? Thanks! :)

its at:

1xxxxxxx1 #xxxxxx Enterprise One Singapore 415934

Telephone: xxxxxxx

this shop is next to XQZT shop.

[Phantom: Edited Advertising]

Edited by Phantom

i just remember one LOUSY supplier.... guess who?

PUB!!!!!!!!!!

I'm using the PUB gas for my gas stove. So my contractor arrange the PUB guy to come and hook up the gas pipe into my stove.

I got a SMS that time to wait for the guy is between 2 to 4pm on Sat.

So ok, i waited and waited and waited.

The guy really came in exactly 4pm!!!

While waited until 3.30pm, i wanted to call PUB and ask if the guy forgotten. But the Customer Service stupid 1800 number says that all offices are closed!!!

I was really worried the guy may forget. I was hungry and dying to go down nearby to eat. but at same time, was worried the guy may come up.

At exactly 4pm, the guy came and said his appt for the day is all full up.

And he just spent 5 mins to hook up my pipe.... :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

I wasted 2 whole hours just for a 5 mins job.

Bloody garment service............

And PUB is charging $50 for it...... 8|8|8|
City Gas charges $80 for the standard gas pipe installation which covers extension of kitchen gas pipe and cooker connection or $40 for gas cooker connection only. Both are already inclusive of gas supply turn-on.

City Gas charges $80 for the standard gas pipe installation which covers extension of kitchen gas pipe and cooker connection or $40 for gas cooker connection only. Both are already inclusive of gas supply turn-on.

i saw my pub bill. it says $50 for gas applicance connection. and i only need him to hook up to the gas stove. no extension of hose required.

price increased liao?