Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bergkamp

Contemporary Makeover For 5i In Sengkang

Finally got a chance to start my own reno blog. Since this is my first reno project, it will be useful to bounce ideas off other forum members and probably avoid any obvious mistakes.

I finalized my resale flat(5I Anchrovale Road) deal in June end but the process has dragged on. Its a contra case and seller needs to stay for a month+ after completion, till his new flat is ready. So I have to wait till Nov mid to start my reno and hopefully move in by Dec mid. So still got a couple of months before my reno starts.

Have finalized my ID, Desmond from *****. Had also consulted IDs from Ideal House, Xerxes, Image etc. Finalized Desmond as he was the most experienced and displayed better technical expertise. Although Orangecube wasnt the cheapest quote I got, it was reasonable(after discounts) for the quality I expect. Them being an old reputed firm also gives me some confidence.

My OrangeCube ID has changed now. Desmond just disappeared from Singapore....

Deciding the theme was difficult at first. The house is in very good condition and nicely maintained by existing owner. The existing decor is very Oriental. Marble/Dark Parquet floor, Teak/Rosewood furniture and Maroon/White shades. It was pleasant and I wanted to retain some of it....but it became difficult with the choice of contemporary furnishings that I wanted.

Desmond did a drawing based on our initial ideas and none of us (including ID himself) liked it. So we decided to go for a more complete, contemporary makeover. Idea is to make changes to the Living room, master bedroom and master toilet. Rest I will leave as is, including kitchen. Just dont have the budget to change more right now.

Here is the floor plan.

floorplan.jpg

Edited by bergkamp

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Photos of existing house. Very nicely kept

Living (Complete makeover)

Live1.jpg

live2-1.jpg

Master Bedroom (New cupboard and some lights. Will retain bed)

bed1.jpg

bed2.jpg

Edited by bergkamp

Hi Hi congrats congrats

Wah the 2 bedrms is a challenge.

Dun understand how HDB designer design the flats nowadays

Yes the common bedrooms are wierd shaped. Only reason I can think of for such crazy designs is that HDB dont want windows of adjacent buildings facing each other directly.

I wont be doing anything to them right now. One will serve as a study and other child room.

bergkamp,

Those bedroom windows! -Looks familiar ;)

Are u moving into rivervale ?

No....Compassvale Road, BLK 258 next to MRT.

You got similar design? How do you utilize the "triangular" corners?

congrats! :D

we're also having our reno starting in mid nov and targetting by early jan.. :)

ours also contra case.. havent 1st appt yet (next week), after dat when everything is ok, hopefully wont delay like urs... then will start tblog to share and ask qns.. hee..

No....Compassvale Road, BLK 258 next to MRT.

You got similar design? How do you utilize the "triangular" corners?

One room we custom-made settee by the window.

The other room we fixed one ikea single-shelf to the space under baywindow, then throw big cushions on the floor.

And another room had full-height window, so we just threw big cushions on the floor.

Its unconventional layout. Just make the most out of it la instead of fretting ;)

One room we custom-made settee by the window.

The other room we fixed one ikea single-shelf to the space under baywindow, then throw big cushions on the floor.

And another room had full-height window, so we just threw big cushions on the floor.

Its unconventional layout. Just make the most out of it la instead of fretting ;)

Here's the fotos...

Settee. Left being bedside, right being book shelves.

p1030761.jpg

Open shelf under bay window. When there's no guest, tis is cat's room. Thus all books removed.

p1030760h.jpg

Last has nothing. Just empty floor with big cushion.

p1030763m.jpg

Hope tat gives u some ideas. I like space simple and empty- Less is Best ;)

Thanks for the pics Rammi.

Very nicely done. Like that cosy settee. Perfect reading corner.

Your rooms have a very bright, refreshing and airy feel to them.

Wah the condition still consider not bad leh

How much you bought it ? Since near central must be not cheap :)

Yes very expensive...

405 + 8K And its only 4th floor !!

Bit of a record price for similar flats, when I check the HDB resale transaction history....