Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Exterminator

Electrician Ran Away With Job Undone! Be Warned.

I would like to share my experience and warn the rest of the users here.

Briefly, I engaged this person called Kelvin Tham Ying Quan, owner of company K&J Electrical Engineering, to do my electrical works.

Start of the reno, he asked me to pay him 50% and I did. Supposed to only pay him 50% when job done but he asked for $1000 more, and I gave it to him as I thought he can be trusted. 2 weeks from my move-in date, despite haven't completed the whole electrical works, he demanded a 95% payment.

I got suspicious as a lot of the works I monitored was not done properly, I told him I can only pay him after I verify all job is done properly. On top of that, the payment schedule keeps changing only to his benefits. Moreover, everytime I pay him, he wants me to transfer to his personal savings account (evasion of tax) or pass him cash (untrackable). And I discovered he changed his number after starting my reno, as if running away from another owner.

I feel that he is a dishonest fellow, as a $100 LED downlight, he wants to charge me $160. Then for every other things he volunteers to help me to get, he says he only mark up by 7% GST when his company is not GST registered. For what I am sure, he is going to run away with that small amount of 5% to be collected later. He has actually covered that 5% by charging me $70+ per piece of IR sensor for the cabinet open/close lighting (amount to $500+ for 7 pieces)

Come to the damamge, my blood really boils. I hope no other people get cheated by him anymore.

Damage as below:

4 out of 7 IR sensor not working after a few days, I told him to replace as it is under his warranty but he disppeared into thin air.

3 out 6 LAN cables are faulty or wired wrongly.

1 out of 3 SCV cables are faulty as he short the earth and the core.

1 out of 4 telephone points faulty.

2 power points not working as he did not connect them properly.

3 damaged faceplates (sockets and telephone etc) and he kept quiet about it.

Suppose to pass me back all the MK switches that comes in the package but he didn't (I bought my own switches instead)

Holes in the wall, ceiling, tiles etc all not patty-patched up after he digs them. My contractor has to patch it up for him again and again at my cost.

Alignment of lights all crooked.

He will charge you ridiculous price for things you ask him to buy without consulting you first.

He will charge you skyhigh rates for things that he did wrongly and to do corrections.

He will charge you extraordinary rates for things you ask him to do outside the quotation without discussing with you the rate first.

Ridiculously enough, he will tell you that he demand full payment once his work is done regardless if you have tested the points faulty or not.

I quote "my quotation does not include that you test the points working in good condition".

His previous number: -

His current number: *unauthorized electrical ad*

Be warned bros and sis here. He volunteered his service via pm in this forum.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation