Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Exterminator

Bad Encounter With This Electrician, Anyone Too?

I would like to share my experience and warn the rest of the users here.

Briefly, I engaged this person called Kelvin Tham Ying Quan, owner of company K&J Electrical Engineering, to do my electrical works.

Start of the reno, he asked me to pay him 50% and I did. Supposed to only pay him 50% when job done but he asked for $1000 more, and I gave it to him as I thought he can be trusted. 2 weeks from my move-in date, despite haven't completed the whole electrical works, he demanded a 95% payment.

I got suspicious as a lot of the works I monitored was not done properly, I told him I can only pay him after I verify all job is done properly. On top of that, the payment schedule keeps changing only to his benefits. Moreover, everytime I pay him, he wants me to transfer to his personal savings account (evasion of tax) or pass him cash (untrackable). And I discovered he changed his number after starting my reno, as if running away from another owner.

I feel that he is a dishonest fellow, as a $100 LED downlight, he wants to charge me $160. Then for every other things he volunteers to help me to get, he says he only mark up by 7% GST when his company is not GST registered. For what I am sure, he is going to run away with that small amount of 5% to be collected later. He has actually covered that 5% by charging me $70+ per piece of IR sensor for the cabinet open/close lighting (amount to $500+ for 7 pieces)

Come to the damamge, my blood really boils. I hope no other people get cheated by him anymore.

Damage as below:

4 out of 7 IR sensor not working after a few days, I told him to replace as it is under his warranty but he disppeared into thin air.

3 out 6 LAN cables are faulty or wired wrongly.

1 out of 3 SCV cables are faulty as he short the earth and the core.

1 out of 4 telephone points faulty.

2 power points not working as he did not connect them properly.

3 damaged faceplates (sockets and telephone etc) and he kept quiet about it.

Suppose to pass me back all the MK switches that comes in the package but he didn't (I bought my own switches instead)

Holes in the wall, ceiling, tiles etc all not patty-patched up after he digs them. My contractor has to patch it up for him again and again at my cost.

Alignment of lights all crooked.

He will charge you ridiculous price for things you ask him to buy without consulting you first.

He will charge you skyhigh rates for things that he did wrongly and to do corrections.

He will charge you extraordinary rates for things you ask him to do outside the quotation without discussing with you the rate first.

Ridiculously enough, he will tell you that he demand full payment once his work is done regardless if you have tested the points faulty or not.

I quote "my quotation does not include that you test the points working in good condition".

His previous number: 9O786149

His current number: 854O291O

Be warned bros and sis here. He volunteered his service via pm in this forum.

Edited by Exterminator

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

this guys have pm me before ,luckily i got a very good electrician...so how does your house wiring now? if u need a good electrician to help you to finish the faulty job i can give you my electrician contact,he is doing my house with good workmanship and i`m very satisfied..if u needed just pm me~

Thanks alot... am asking another electrician to help me fix the rest already.... really appreciate that :)

but the fix comes at a cost. so sad... but no choice... the electrician was telling him how dangerous some of the switches and sockets are wired by the previous run-away electrician... and many things did not tighten properly... sianz...

thanks again for responding. i posted in the contractor and services section but somehow they didnt put it up...

i hope everyone reads this and no one else get cheated by him.

I would like to share my experience and warn the rest of the users here.

Briefly, I engaged this person called Kelvin Tham Ying Quan, owner of company K&J Electrical Engineering, to do my electrical works.

Start of the reno, he asked me to pay him 50% and I did. Supposed to only pay him 50% when job done but he asked for $1000 more, and I gave it to him as I thought he can be trusted. 2 weeks from my move-in date, despite haven't completed the whole electrical works, he demanded a 95% payment.

I got suspicious as a lot of the works I monitored was not done properly, I told him I can only pay him after I verify all job is done properly. On top of that, the payment schedule keeps changing only to his benefits. Moreover, everytime I pay him, he wants me to transfer to his personal savings account (evasion of tax) or pass him cash (untrackable). And I discovered he changed his number after starting my reno, as if running away from another owner.

I feel that he is a dishonest fellow, as a $100 LED downlight, he wants to charge me $160. Then for every other things he volunteers to help me to get, he says he only mark up by 7% GST when his company is not GST registered. For what I am sure, he is going to run away with that small amount of 5% to be collected later. He has actually covered that 5% by charging me $70+ per piece of IR sensor for the cabinet open/close lighting (amount to $500+ for 7 pieces)

Come to the damamge, my blood really boils. I hope no other people get cheated by him anymore.

Damage as below:

4 out of 7 IR sensor not working after a few days, I told him to replace as it is under his warranty but he disppeared into thin air.

Suppose to pass me back all the MK switches that comes in the package but he didn't (I bought my own switches instead)

Holes in the wall, ceiling, tiles etc all not patty-patched up after he digs them. My contractor has to patch it up for him again and again at my cost.

He will charge you ridiculous price for things you ask him to buy without consulting you first.

He will charge you skyhigh rates for things that he did wrongly and to do corrections.

He will charge you extraordinary rates for things you ask him to do outside the quotation without discussing with you the rate first.

Ridiculously enough, he will tell you that he demand full payment once his work is done regardless if you have tested the points faulty or not.

I quote "my quotation does not include that you test the points working in good condition".

His previous number: 9O786149

His current number: 854O291O

Be warned bros and sis here. He volunteered his service via pm in this forum.

yoyoyo ying quan told me about your case yesterday when i see this you put this up ask yourself who is the one who go wrong first then you put up ok.

Below are the question and please answer in this forums thanks

Answer can i ask you anyway the job was not hand over and he tested all for you and let on not fix up as your LED was not here yet and last you say 1 IR sensor was not working and he changed for you the next day? have or don't have ask yourself.and this should be done by your ID we only install and i got to do up his job as you the one who say listen to him and what he say just do it so we just follow what youi say.

answer why dont you ask him back to do it as it not hand over yet.n he ever tell you think is not connect properly and he want to come back to fix up for you and you say your ID will do it and i correct to say this.

Answer you sms him that the SCV at MAster room Cant use but can ask you as for doing hacking do they damage it first as they can damage the Cat 6 cable after they lay and standby.

Answer so are you sure of that before putting it up the only help you to shift without doing anythings on the cable omg dont put things anyhow think before you put

answer who did not connect properly Ying Quan or your ID guys common toilet he already inform you and he say will do it on friday and plus the kitchen glass is up will do all the power connection up but in the end friday he sms you saying your ID never pick up the call and what you say to him SMS him am i correct to say that. one already info you the others is done by your own guys and you can put the blame to him in this forums omg.

answer the faceplates is all brought from you yourself so how he know the telephone is damage and ksingle socket he already sms you in hand or you want me to take down all the picture and put it up here to let everybody see what he sms you.

answer tiles put it aside first. Hole we open and we still working on it light opening for lightinbg hole all this and gap at the side of the light come on you the one 1 hole ask ppl to come 1 hole as ppl to come as they haven't complete yet and you want them to pay is it funny for it. last is the tiles we patch back and you want to replace the tiles am i correct.

answer is clipsal not mk and the first time he show you you dont like it so you say you buy your own am i correct. he say in the end of the day will pass you the new faceplate. yar we never pass you this will be lastly give an answer here in this forums.

answer anyway you want 100% he try to do it for you did he. come on ask yourself the light he fix up on the same day you ask gain city guy to do the remote taking the light up and down correct anot. anyway we not pushing blame aways as i know you will say that please think before you put this up in forums.

Don't put words inside Ying Quan mouth ok he lost his phone and that the new phone no. old phone - and new no *unauthorized electrical ad* correct.

Lastly that all comment on you. First of all did you keep changing point and change. that last 8 T5 points you request to add and we say it already do the ceiling how to add and this what you say open up i will ask ppl to do up the plasting the (cost on him). before the floor was done up and Ying Quan got ask you and your ID for a Handover to see is there anythings missing and all the points is there. And when your study table is up 0one of the SCV point was not there so you put the blame on him is there correct as the first place all points already handover when it ready to you and your ID. He never attend to your call why ask yourself first not he run away from anyone. first you and your ID is pushing to each other as he want to finish up his job but you the one ask the ID ppl to do it when the job is still havent handover. but all costb you charge on Ying Quan so that mean you doing the right things by asking other ppl to do the balance job. And stop all the crap **** saying his job not properly done or what he show me the sms of what you sent addition point some already in the invoices so dont have to tell only two things you added not in and he tell you the cost already so more you say never omg isnt too much. the last cost he ever email to you on what point is deduct and what is add and the total come to $5000 plus in the end omg the sms say he still got to pay you $800 plus. that mean all the point of power 1x13A qty5 2x13A qty19 lighting point qty 48 SCV point qty 4 and so on for $2000 plus only why not you do it for me as we not on hand got many point to install. somemore all conceal. he never pick up or reply your sms as do you think he will still listen for you comand as no money pay and pushing all the blame and cost on him as you that one who do all this crap ****. wasting time and salay just to go up fix some light fitting which never say where and what the distance from light to light. one whole day can just fix 5 fittings.

Hi kosiowpeng,

This is co-owner here.

Are you implying I am in the wrong? I have all the sms, email and even his own invoice as prove. His own invoice even SELF DECLARE 7% GST when he is not GST REGISTERED! His invoice EVEN WROTE POSB SAV accounts when all these should be under the company transaction, evasion of tax, how smart?! All in all, DISHONEST! Want me to scan it all here?

How about send it to ACRA etc. You should know how far I can go, this is just the beginning.

Do you need me post it here for ALL TO SEE? Kelvin, disgrace has limits; you really want to try my limits? I gave you chance to redeem yourself and yet time and again, lie to me again and again, and worse, gave me a screwed up job.

I don't care if he is using another nick or not, or he is you. Although you must be him obviously, the forum users here are not stupid. Here is my reply:

1. The IR sensor is UNDER HIS INVOICE and UNDER WARRANTY. When faulty, should come REPLACE and not DISAPPEAR. What other excuses do you have, Kelvin?!

2. We do not want him to screw up my house anymore; I prefer to have another HONEST electrician to do the FIXING. I just gave an example, Kelvin wants to CUT MY WALL to redo a SCV point that MYSTERIOUSLY WENT MISSING (god knows if he has wired it in the first place!) and he SAID THAT IS THE ONLY OPTION. I said I do not want any more cutting or trunking or messy solutions. He SAID NO OTHER SOLUTION. My new electrician, just drill a small little hold in the cupboard and got the point up from the other side of the wall, problem solved. So you want an honest and smart electrician or an INCOMPETENT one? Moreover, the new electrician was commenting how badly done the sockets and switches are! How dangerously connected and loose they are! All THESE ARE WORKMANSHIP! It cannot be solved by asking the bugger to come back and again and screw me all over again and dig holes all over my wall AND THEN NOT PATCH IT UP! I even have pictures to prove! What other excuses do you have, Kelvin?!

3. SCV point in MBR was PROMISED by himself to WORK after he patched it up. I asked him about it and he gave me a certain definite YES, IT WILL WORK. I even asked, have you tested? He said, yes it works! If it doesnt work, blames him of course. If he is not happy about patching, then charge it to my contractor! Simple as that! What other excuses do you have, Kelvin?!

4. Dont be stupid, I fixed the telephone point myself. The point was not working because HE INSERTED the Port UPSIDE DOWN and therefore the telephone hole only appears PARTIALLY at the outlet! Dont blame others, you installed it without checking, who with a good working attitude does such a thing? I have pictures to show, you want me to put it up too? Make yourself a laughing stock? What other excuses do you have, Kelvin?!

5. 2 power points were not referring to the kitchen power points. They are at other places. Dont try to smoke me again and again. And stop pushing blame to others, and stop asking PEOPLE TO HELP YOU DO YOUR WORK, I have personally asked the carpenters, they said they NEVER PROMISE YOU TO HELP YOU PUT UP YOUR ELECTRICAL POINTS! You really think people have your level of IQ? What other excuses do you have, Kelvin?!

6. You are obviously Kelvin. Can you stop lying to everyone here? Do you really think I will just stop by posting in this forum? Do you think that is how much I can do? You can take picture and show my sms if you want, but the point he mentioned in the sms, isnt the points I am referring to here. So now you blame equipments fault? So you just put them up blindly without testing? Do you think someone would believe you have a license to operate as an electrician after reading this? What other excuses do you have, Kelvin?!

7. Let me refresh your memory, one example of holes in the false ceiling opened by YOU, because you FORGET TO CONNECT SOMETHING in the MBR toilet. Do not put the blame on others. And you left it there, and my IDs guys have to patch it up for you as you left it there untouched for weeks! And tiles, you are supposed to replace, have you? NO! What other excuses do you have, Kelvin?!

8. Oh, so it is Clipsal! Even better than MK. Good. Then where is it? Have you passed it to me when you DECLARED your OWN COMPLETED date? NO, you passed nothing to me except a can of worms. What other excuses do you have, Kelvin?!

9. Alignment of lights did he try to do even 100%? I doubt. It is not 100%, it is about we gave up telling you how much more left or right as you are just blind. What other excuses do you have, Kelvin?!

10. Oh really? So did he conveniently lose his phone again this time? Why has he not been answering my message? What other excuses do you have, Kelvin?!

11. For your information, I am the one who decides your so-called hand over NOT YOU. There is no hand over unless tested working. So dont blame hand over and none of your business anymore as there isnt any handing over done. What are the T5 to do with opening the ceiling? You have to use your brain, T5 is for cove lighting. Can you spend a little more effort if you wish to argue about this? The rectification cost has to go to Kelvin as he screwed up, simple as that. There is no room for rectification as he is not competent to do it. Point 2 was just one of the examples of how incompetent he is. I think you need to brush up on your English, I have totally no idea what are you talking about regarding the additional cost. Kelvin, spend less time thinking how to cheat; learn morals, ethics and also English please. "...plus only why not you do it for me as we not on hand got many point to install..." how smart are you, now from third party conversation back to first party (your original self, Kelvin). Please dont make a fool of yourself Kelvin. Kelvin, I thought Mathematics is a simple subject, addition is simpler than lying. Are you implying I only pay you $2000? What is $2000+ add $1000, then add $500+? How to pay you any balance when so many things are NOT DONE PROPERLY? Moreover you are assuming that I have agreed to the additional amount you are charging me without my consent (furthermore I have not seen them). Am I stupid enough to encourage you to run away? Dont forget you are dishonest to begin with. And stop stirring about I have no money to pay, it is about when and how much to pay for a job not well done. What other excuses do you have, Kelvin?!

Since you are still unrepentant, I will exercise more of my other options. By the way, dont waste time arguing with me here, the forum users have eyes to see. You just need to pray that I am busy enough not to have time to scan and put up the evidence here. Actually it is easier for me to bring it down to the ministries/authorities. Then when they start hunting for you, it will be too late to say sorry.

yoyoyo ying quan told me about your case yesterday when i see this you put this up ask yourself who is the one who go wrong first then you put up ok.

Below are the question and please answer in this forums thanks

Answer can i ask you anyway the job was not hand over and he tested all for you and let on not fix up as your LED was not here yet and last you say 1 IR sensor was not working and he changed for you the next day? have or don't have ask yourself.and this should be done by your ID we only install and i got to do up his job as you the one who say listen to him and what he say just do it so we just follow what youi say.

answer why dont you ask him back to do it as it not hand over yet.n he ever tell you think is not connect properly and he want to come back to fix up for you and you say your ID will do it and i correct to say this.

Answer you sms him that the SCV at MAster room Cant use but can ask you as for doing hacking do they damage it first as they can damage the Cat 6 cable after they lay and standby.

Answer so are you sure of that before putting it up the only help you to shift without doing anythings on the cable omg dont put things anyhow think before you put

answer who did not connect properly Ying Quan or your ID guys common toilet he already inform you and he say will do it on friday and plus the kitchen glass is up will do all the power connection up but in the end friday he sms you saying your ID never pick up the call and what you say to him SMS him am i correct to say that. one already info you the others is done by your own guys and you can put the blame to him in this forums omg.

answer the faceplates is all brought from you yourself so how he know the telephone is damage and ksingle socket he already sms you in hand or you want me to take down all the picture and put it up here to let everybody see what he sms you.

answer tiles put it aside first. Hole we open and we still working on it light opening for lightinbg hole all this and gap at the side of the light come on you the one 1 hole ask ppl to come 1 hole as ppl to come as they haven't complete yet and you want them to pay is it funny for it. last is the tiles we patch back and you want to replace the tiles am i correct.

answer is clipsal not mk and the first time he show you you dont like it so you say you buy your own am i correct. he say in the end of the day will pass you the new faceplate. yar we never pass you this will be lastly give an answer here in this forums.

answer anyway you want 100% he try to do it for you did he. come on ask yourself the light he fix up on the same day you ask gain city guy to do the remote taking the light up and down correct anot. anyway we not pushing blame aways as i know you will say that please think before you put this up in forums.

Don't put words inside Ying Quan mouth ok he lost his phone and that the new phone no. old phone - and new no *unauthorized electrical ad* correct.

Lastly that all comment on you. First of all did you keep changing point and change. that last 8 T5 points you request to add and we say it already do the ceiling how to add and this what you say open up i will ask ppl to do up the plasting the (cost on him). before the floor was done up and Ying Quan got ask you and your ID for a Handover to see is there anythings missing and all the points is there. And when your study table is up 0one of the SCV point was not there so you put the blame on him is there correct as the first place all points already handover when it ready to you and your ID. He never attend to your call why ask yourself first not he run away from anyone. first you and your ID is pushing to each other as he want to finish up his job but you the one ask the ID ppl to do it when the job is still havent handover. but all costb you charge on Ying Quan so that mean you doing the right things by asking other ppl to do the balance job. And stop all the crap **** saying his job not properly done or what he show me the sms of what you sent addition point some already in the invoices so dont have to tell only two things you added not in and he tell you the cost already so more you say never omg isnt too much. the last cost he ever email to you on what point is deduct and what is add and the total come to $5000 plus in the end omg the sms say he still got to pay you $800 plus. that mean all the point of power 1x13A qty5 2x13A qty19 lighting point qty 48 SCV point qty 4 and so on for $2000 plus only why not you do it for me as we not on hand got many point to install. somemore all conceal. he never pick up or reply your sms as do you think he will still listen for you comand as no money pay and pushing all the blame and cost on him as you that one who do all this crap ****. wasting time and salay just to go up fix some light fitting which never say where and what the distance from light to light. one whole day can just fix 5 fittings.

Edited by Wrabbit

i also received his pm and was talking to the electrcian and arranging for a date to do up my house. Heng i saw this ah bo die flat....

i also received his pm and was talking to the electrcian and arranging for a date to do up my house. Heng i saw this ah bo die flat....

Just be careful. I can show all the sms, email and pictures even scanned copies of invoices from him if need be to prove my point.

I wanted to post in the other section too under contractor but some how the post didn't appear. I wonder if the Mod can help?

I hope no one else gets into this miserable situation like me... ever... especially to him.

This is not badmouth, this is a straight-forward to warn all fellow users from this dishonest chap who cheats people who are nice to them.

Imagine, black and white 50% start -50% upon completion, can change twice payment schedule to whenever and whatever he pleased...

Have I not been nice enough to have accede to his request for the first 2 times? I thought I was generous enough... but stupid I guess.

I called the number. He was quite easy to talk to. Tell me pay 50% and he will start work and told me 2 days can finish. Luckily i saw this post. Bro pm me ur current electrician can?

I called the number. He was quite easy to talk to. Tell me pay 50% and he will start work and told me 2 days can finish. Luckily i saw this post. Bro pm me ur current electrician can?

I would agree he is somewhat approachable (only at the beginning); At first easy to talk to, once collected money, then collected more money. Harder and harder to get him to do things and even rectify his own mistakes...

Already pm :)

This type of conman can change phone number, company name, company address etc. But stinking attitude and bad workmanship will never change. Oh, the face too. Let's see how he is going to run away from that. Oh his IC and home address and more!

This type of conman can change phone number, company name, company address etc. But stinking attitude and bad workmanship will never change. Oh, the face too. Let's see how he is going to run away from that. Oh his IC and home address and more!

It wasting my time early in the morning back to office to reply all this rubbish. So you Husband and Wife still got things to say? If yes carry on putting up in this forums. Oh Yar forget what you say only you yourself know well and missing point, wire not well screw up only you know. So many of them just listen to you guys saying about me only and you guys is the only one saying K & J Electrical Engineering Enterprise is con. Just mind your words when saying all this. So far i have done so many units on this forums do they complain a post about my jobs? Only you Husband and Wife do it. only you should know well. One more things i will comfirm my campany name will not change and maybe you are right but i'm not so sure too my no will change if i drop my phone again. Anyway you still can get my new no in my blog as i will update it so people can look for me. Lastly thanks for your feedback on my guy ENGLISH. I'll ask him to study more.

Thanks & Rdgs

Tham Ying Quan

K & J Electrical Engineering Enterprise

Manager

It wasting my time early in the morning back to office to reply all this rubbish. So you Husband and Wife still got things to say? If yes carry on putting up in this forums. Oh Yar forget what you say only you yourself know well and missing point, wire not well screw up only you know. So many of them just listen to you guys saying about me only and you guys is the only one saying K & J Electrical Engineering Enterprise is con. Just mind your words when saying all this. So far i have done so many units on this forums do they complain a post about my jobs? Only you Husband and Wife do it. only you should know well. One more things i will comfirm my campany name will not change and maybe you are right but i'm not so sure too my no will change if i drop my phone again. Anyway you still can get my new no in my blog as i will update it so people can look for me. Lastly thanks for your feedback on my guy ENGLISH. I'll ask him to study more.

Thanks & Rdgs

Tham Ying Quan

K & J Electrical Engineering Enterprise

Manager

Wow wow wow, now the real person behind the screen is talking. Your guy huh? You have no guys under you that is capable of this deceit and language.

Huh office? Do you have one to begin with? I wanted very much to go down to have a look and everytime you will just say you will bring the things to me instead and meet me somewhere else. How long more do you want to lie? Just be humble and honest.

All the mistakes you made, screwed up job you left behind is the prove, what only I know? I have pictures and assessors to prove. I have video of myself using LAN tester to test your screw up job for example. Nothing to lie about, unlike you who lies all day and night.

Not a con? How about asking your so-called "happy owners" to call me that they really still recommend you, I will invite them over or go to their place to see how screwed up the job is. So are you not in anyway responsible for a job badly done huh? Is that not con job? So by merely posting that we are the only one who complained about you here, does that made you innocent? All those who got accused will always fall back to this excuse (no one else complain about me!), as they ran out of logical reasoning. At first giving the false impression that kosiowpeng is not you, now you are using the account to reply. Is it not conning? Not GST registered, yet invoice charge GST, not conning? So much more... Kelvin, you are messing with the wrong person. I am not those gullible old folks where they will believe whatever you tell them.

Anyway, I have paid a new electrician to finish up your screwed up job. What outstanding are the screwed up IR sensors (4 out of 7) and those stuff I mentioned earlier (e.g. the switches/socket you owe me etc). You have better send your man to come collect from me or tell me which shop you got it from for me to go down to do replacement and pass me the things you owe me. Just tell me are you going to replace them or not as per warranty and pass me back whatever you owe me. I just let you know, once I start my ball rolling, you won't know how "on the ball" I can be and how far I can go to roll you out of your den. You know me enough that I don't give empty talk. Now I we are still in a wait-and-see attitude, I advise you not to get us started. You have better think twice before you reply me. Just replace what you need to replace, give me back all the things you owe me, then I will call it closure - you should know when I say it, I will do it. Don't say sorry too late when more and more people (including the authorities) come looking for you with all your deceits.

Tham Ying Quan, Kelvin, we give you 3 days from now for a reply to settle all of the above.

After that, we presume you are not going to work it out with us and we shall proceed with other actions.

Please note that K&J Electrical Engineering is not allowed to PM members to solicit business as in the Terms Of Use.

Their accounts have all been banned:

kelvin80

yingquan

electrical11

kosiowpeng

If any members received unauthorized soliciting from new accounts under this company via PM, please report to the moderator.