Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
weishun

Melvin & Angeline's Lounge

Here i would like to document the features of my upcoming home to be. I will feature the house from its raw state till the final end product. Will try to document each and every part of the renovation. So here goes..

This is design Angeline & me came out with together with our interior designer after some trial and error.. The end product in 3D computer drawing. There are still more 3D drawings which we have not obtained from our designers but not to worry, they will come in pretty soon once they are ready and therefore be updated here.

Details Of My Flat

Location - Yishun (Chong Pang)

Unit - 3 Rooms (NG)

The Living Room

ResizeofMyLiving.jpg

ResizeofResizeofResizeofMyLivingRoo.jpg

Our Bedroom

ResizeofMyMasterroom.jpg

The contractors officially kicked off the renovation on the 6th of Febuary 2007, starting out with the major hacking works. Removal of floor tiles from the living room, bedrooms and all the way to the kitchen, followed by wall tiles from the kitchen to the toilet area. Then came the removal of unwanted walls.

These are the walls that i wanted to take out to create a linkage between the living room & the kitchen thus giving a very open concept kinda feel. Tinted glass panels will then be used to replace the two walls to create a very "lounge" like appearance from the living area.

ResizeofDSC00361.jpg

Heres how it'll look like after the removal of the two walls from the first picture, making the entire living area looks more spacious and less restricted.

ResizeofDSC00378.jpg

Lets move on to the room. As we only have one toilet in the flat, the only entrance to the toilet is from the kitchen. Our plan was to hack down a portion of the walls in our masterbed room to create an entrance to the toilet. This eliminates the troublesome walk to the kitchen just to access the toilet. You may refer to the 3D drawing of our bedroom for reference.

ResizeofDSC00376.jpg

The rest room. The wall which seperates the bathing area & the WC area was also being hacked down to merge both area together to allow more space to move around in the toilet.

ResizeofDSC00381.jpg

Wall tiles from the kitchen were also removed to allow space for either tiles or plastered walls in the kitchen surroundings.

ResizeofDSC00363.jpg

That should be all for hacking works, more hacking works will resume on the 5th, 6th & 7th of March 2007 to remove the wall between my masterbed room and guest room (which soon to be converted into a studyroom). A push back of the wall will be performed to allow my masterbed room to be bigger to accomodate my 'L' shaped built in wardrobes. Heres a pic of the hacking works till date.

ResizeofDSC00380.jpg

28th Feb 2007

Wall tiling works in my restroom is more or less completed. This is the concept we proposed, a bright and dark contrast effect which carries the "lounge" like feel.

ResizeofDSC00424.jpg

Workers has just started on tiling the walls of my kitchen. We've choosen long horizontal tiles for our kitchen to give out a modern kitchen look rather then the traditional small squarish kitchen tiles.

ResizeofDSC00423.jpg

Hacking of wall between my masterbed room & study room also completed within 1 day. Wall will be pushed back at least 1m to allow plaster board and built in wardrobe to act as a wall in between study room and masterbed room.

ResizeofDSC00422.jpg

5th March 2007

Progress of getting the kitchen floor and wall tiles are almost done. Need at least one more day before we can move on to electrical works. Here are some pictures of the kitchen floor and wall tiles.

ResizeofDSC00028.jpg

ResizeofDSC00429.jpg

ResizeofDSC00432.jpg

18th March 2007

This week we'll cover the electrical works as well as works on the false ceilings around the house.

Here in this picture, we actually redo all our electrical wires in the house as there are additional power points being added to certain part of our flat. Our air-con contractor also came in at the same time to settle the aircon pipings and trunkings.

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

False ceilings are done up to accomodate concealed lightings. This picture shows the false ceiling of our living room, lighting tubes will be installed in the opening gap of the ceiling.

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

False ceiling of the kitchen area. The use of false ceiling is also to accomodate concealed lightings without the use of tradition light tubes with those ugly covers. Downlights will be used instead. False ceiling is also used to conceal those brackets which were meant to hold our bamboos for our laundries.

DSC00044-1.jpg

From this view, you won't be able to see the brackets (bamboo holders) anymore.

DSC00047-1.jpg

False ceiling of my master bedroom. The center part will be left empty to avoid glaring lights being directed to our bed area. Downlights will be installed along the perimeter of the false ceiling.

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

Our aircon compressor bracket was also installed in the same day.

DSC00052.jpg

Our corridor windows were also replaced to tinted windows to shut out glare from the afternoon sun. The windows used previously were those ugly flip flap windows of the 80s.. Yucks.

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00463.jpg

This should come alot earlier back then but so sorry we haven't got any time to update this in. We went to Rigel, a company which manufactures high end toilet accessories. You can find most of their products in shopping centers. Went there to shop for our WC, Basin and toilet accessories.

DSC00458.jpg

Finally made up our mind and purchased these!

Salad Bowl Basin. According to Uncle Tony, the salesman. Vivocity is using the same basin

DSC00460.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

WC. Hehe... We chose this because this is the only one piece wc around the showroom.

DSC00461.jpg

22nd March 2007

The tilers have finally completed all tiling works in our flat. Heres the end product..

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

Platform for our washing machine.

DSC00472.jpg

Platform for our fridge

DSC00473.jpg

Edited by weishun

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Wow! The drawings are very nice! Think your home will turn great!! :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks buddy! I must say we have been working really really hard on the overall designs and stuffs. As usual, lots of quarreling due to stress and compromising but i'm glad we've finally decided on the design. Very "lounge" like feel for chilling out kinda design. Lol also lots of money spent on the design.

Thanks buddy! I must say we have been working really really hard on the overall designs and stuffs. As usual, lots of quarreling due to stress and compromising but i'm glad we've finally decided on the design. Very "lounge" like feel for chilling out kinda design. Lol also lots of money spent on the design.

I guess this happens to all couples in the reno stage too. We quarelled and argued very often too...haha...indeed v stressful.....like your design!! I think the end result would be worth it. :sport-smiley-004:

I guess this happens to all couples in the reno stage too. We quarelled and argued very often too...haha...indeed v stressful.....like your design!! I think the end result would be worth it. :sport-smiley-004:

Indeed very worth it, if not pump in so much money into the reno then turn out not nice then really not worth it liao. Lol. Your house's design also very nice. Very relaxed outlook, i also like your design leh.

nice drawings....i'm sure it will turn out nice when the real things are out... :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks bro! Well there are actually some items in the drawing that i am considering to amend. I thinking of giving my feature wall in the living room a more daring outlook. Do wait for pictures to be uploaded yah? Cheers!

Wow.. so many people saying that my place looks nice. I going to float liao lah. Heheh cannot praise my flat too nice leh.. i will be proud one leh. Lol.

Anyway the overall progress of the renovation is around 50% completed. Still left with painting, carpentry, electrical touch up and overall finishings to be done and we're all set to go.

Do stay tuned for more picture updated once my carpentry works kicks off yah? Cheers guys!

Wow.. so many people saying that my place looks nice. I going to float liao lah. Heheh cannot praise my flat too nice leh.. i will be proud one leh. Lol.

Anyway the overall progress of the renovation is around 50% completed. Still left with painting, carpentry, electrical touch up and overall finishings to be done and we're all set to go.

Do stay tuned for more picture updated once my carpentry works kicks off yah? Cheers guys!

haha...its really nice mah....anyway hope to see more pics and drawings soon...:notti:

haha...its really nice mah....anyway hope to see more pics and drawings soon...:notti:

Sure sure... coming really soon. This week, they are going to start on the painting and carpentry works liao. After that i think followed by lightings.... So do wait for more pictures ah.. :deal:

:( its good to have a great ID/contractor and u should be proud they done a good job!

spending so much on reno, it need to turn out great! then u feel worth it and happy :lol: hee hee

WeiShun...very impressive.. :notti::P can't wait to see your final product..your IDs really got good ideas and very creative.. Also like your wash basin..if only i have seen it earlier..now too late liao..we also bought the same toilet bowl as you..got it at PJ..like the 1 piece deisgn...

:D its good to have a great ID/contractor and u should be proud they done a good job!

spending so much on reno, it need to turn out great! then u feel worth it and happy :furious: hee hee

Yeah.. My ID whom is also a personal friend of mine is really good man. Cos since young he like to design and draw things. Thats why he is an ID now loh. That also explains why i trust my money with him to do a good job. Feels really worth it man...

WeiShun...very impressive.. :sport-smiley-004::( can't wait to see your final product..your IDs really got good ideas and very creative.. Also like your wash basin..if only i have seen it earlier..now too late liao..we also bought the same toilet bowl as you..got it at PJ..like the 1 piece deisgn...

Thanks bro Ben, me too also can't wait to see the final end product of my flat. Hehe you like my wash basin huh? I got it from Rigel directly. Should go to their showroom and take a look man. Really got alot of different kinds of wash basins and WCs. The toilet bowl we bought nice rite? One piece easier to maintain mah.