42 replies to this topic

#1 rummi

rummi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:59 AM

Enough had been discussed about built-in ovens, thought i'll start a topic on the less covered countertop ovens. some of us chose/choosing countertop oven for various reasons. let's share our choices & reviews here la :P

This is the PANASONIC multifunctional countertop oven that we'll be using : Model NN-CS-596AYPQ .
it's steam cum convection (bake & grill) cum microwave. we are fascinated with having all-in-one-machines, especially sleek-lookng things ;)

#2 hongss

hongss

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:58 AM

how much you pay for this model

#3 currahee

currahee

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:43 PM

Enough had been discussed about built-in ovens, thought i'll start a topic on the less covered countertop ovens. some of us chose/choosing countertop oven for various reasons. let's share our choices & reviews here la :P

This is the PANASONIC multifunctional countertop oven that we'll be using : Model NN-CS-596AYPQ .
it's steam cum convection (bake & grill) cum microwave. we are fascinated with having all-in-one-machines, especially sleek-lookng things ;)

this should be quite exp rite??

#4 rummi

rummi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:46 PM

tink is plus/minus $800. waiting for xmas sales to buy!!

if u do a calculation of a cost of buying a steam-microwave, plus a built-in conventional oven... tink its far more than tis price la;)

#5 currahee

currahee

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:12 PM

thanks for the pricing..
cost i tot its >$1k, the sharp model came to my mind..

since u have done the research, any adv with using the steam function?

#6 rummi

rummi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:16 AM

thanks for the pricing..

sounds like u had done ur research too. why dun u share u share your finds here then...

steam microwave food will not be dry.

#7 Homeowner

Homeowner

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:28 PM

Hi Rummi, how's your reno. going?

Some people believe that microwaving food kills nutrients. Research is inconclusive. Steaming is believed to retain the most nutrients in food. The only problem with a countertop unit is simply that - it occupies precious countertop space and in most small kitchens you would want as little on the countertop as possible so that you have space to prepare food. And all in one unit seems like a good idea if you are getting a countertop microwave anyway. But, is the baking function as good as a normal convection oven? Not sure about that. Just my two cents' worth. :dunno:

#8 wtg54

wtg54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:36 PM

Hi All,

Any recommendation for a 2 in 1? So far only Sharp or Panasonic ones are good right? Not so concerned about the size, but would definitely consider if it is on the cheaper range.

Thanks. :dunno:

#9 rummi

rummi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:45 PM

Hi Rummi, how's your reno. going?

Some people believe that microwaving food kills nutrients. Research is inconclusive. Steaming is believed to retain the most nutrients in food. The only problem with a countertop unit is simply that - it occupies precious countertop space and in most small kitchens you would want as little on the countertop as possible so that you have space to prepare food. And all in one unit seems like a good idea if you are getting a countertop microwave anyway. But, is the baking function as good as a normal convection oven? Not sure about that. Just my two cents' worth. !!

hi homeowner, missed u! how's u enjoying your new house?

my reno remains the same as we had stepped out on our honeymoon 6-mths ago. but, honeymoon ending soon, will be coming back to pick up the remaining work. come grab me for coffee when u r free :yamseng:

all these while i had been baking on conventional oven. personally never tried the new option before, though the general reviews tat i got from bakers is that they serve the purpose just as good (they said: not better, no worst either).

Hi All,

Any recommendation for a 2 in 1? So far only Sharp or Panasonic ones are good right? Not so concerned about the size, but would definitely consider if it is on the cheaper range.

Thanks. :dunno:

hi wtg54, hey u sengkang oso :bangwall:

if i had chosen a 2-in-1 (ie. microwave-cum-convection, without steam), this is the Panasonic model tat i will buy NN-C2003SYPQ its BIG - 42litres... only thing that i do prefer NON-turntables. mayb u dun mind.

tink its half the price of 3-in-1.

#10 Homeowner

Homeowner

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:47 PM

Yep. Started baking recently...pumpkin muffins! :bangwall: I'm going to try carrot cake and pineapple tarts one fine day 'cos I like them...procrastinating 'cos the recipes look like a lot of work! Need to grate lah. :dunno: Hehee...maybe if they're good, you can come to try.

I considered the countertop all-in-1 oven - the Panasonic one (I think), a friend's sister bought and said it's good. But, in the end, we got the convectional one instead 'cos we already have a microwave oven from our old place and cannot afford anymore countertop space.

Edited by Homeowner, 01 October 2007 - 01:50 PM.

#11 wtg54

wtg54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:54 PM

hi wtg54, hey u sengkang oso :dunno:

if i had chosen a 2-in-1 (ie. microwave-cum-convection, without steam), this is the Panasonic model tat i will buy NN-C2003SYPQ its BIG - 42litres... only thing that i do prefer NON-turntables. mayb u dun mind.
tink its half the price of 3-in-1.

Hi Rummi,

Yah, me SK also. But not moving in yet. For me, since I am used to turntable ones its ok. Tho I know the non-turn ones have much more useable space. Besides, no major cooking. Just prefer to have the grill function available.

Do u know how much it is? I am quite sure the 3 in 1 will be more than 1k. !!

Thanks. :bangwall:

#12 rummi

rummi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:11 PM

Yep. Started baking recently...pumpkin muffins! :) I'm going to try carrot cake and pineapple tarts one fine day 'cos I like them...procrastinating 'cos the recipes look like a lot of work! Need to grate lah. :deal: Hehee...maybe if they're good, you can come to try.

I considered the countertop all-in-1 oven - the Panasonic one (I think), a friend's sister bought and said it's good. But, in the end, we got the convectional one instead 'cos we already have a microwave oven from our old place and cannot afford anymore countertop space.

ohh yessa, me luv pumpkin muffins - such natural sweetness! times when im 'cheesy', i'll do chives-&-cheese muffins, but tis a saltish muffin instead of sweet muffins.

btw, even tho we may be buying a countertop-oven, we have in fact designed a cabinet space for it so that it doesnt sit on the countertop (me dun like things 'sittig around' hehe).... space may not be our problem, but WE JUZ PREFER all-in-one equipments, thats all :dunno:

Hi Rummi,

Yah, me SK also. But not moving in yet. For me, since I am used to turntable ones its ok. Tho I know the non-turn ones have much more useable space. Besides, no major cooking. Just prefer to have the grill function available.

Do u know how much it is? I am quite sure the 3 in 1 will be more than 1k. !!

Thanks. :bangwall:

hi wtg54, have u 'checked-in' to renotalk.com already ?? :unsure:

btw, im no expert in cooking. mayb its my lack of skill or whatever other reasons, i find that ovens that do not hit 300degrees-celsius are no good for browning grilled food... i mean, some people dun mind grilling food without the final browning, so they probably suffice with ovens hitting maximum 250degrees-celsius. so its ur style that will determine your choice of oven.

if u take some time to look into the panasonic website, they do specify the temperature range.

im not in singapore right now, cant tell u exactly how much (my)3-in-1 cost now, or how much (your)2-in-1 cost... why not u go find out the price tag for both models and share with us la :yamseng:

#13 wtg54

wtg54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:43 PM

hi wtg54, have u 'checked-in' to renotalk.com already ?? :bleah:

btw, im no expert in cooking. mayb its my lack of skill or whatever other reasons, i find that ovens that do not hit 300degrees-celsius are no good for browning grilled food... i mean, some people dun mind grilling food without the final browning, so they probably suffice with ovens hitting maximum 250degrees-celsius. so its ur style that will determine your choice of oven.

if u take some time to look into the panasonic website, they do specify the temperature range.

im not in singapore right now, cant tell u exactly how much (my)3-in-1 cost now, or how much (your)2-in-1 cost... why not u go find out the price tag for both models and share with us la :)

Checked in? Meaning?

I am no expert as well, but having used a very normal looking microwave oven wif convection in the fully furnished apartment I was staying in while studying, I guess I am not the fussy kind.

Yah, was wondering if can source for some info before I start looking. At least know which model to zoom in. Will let u know if I happen to see the few models discussed here.

#14 rummi

rummi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:54 PM

Checked in? Meaning?

I am no expert as well, but having used a very normal looking microwave oven wif convection in the fully furnished apartment I was staying in while studying, I guess I am not the fussy kind.

Yah, was wondering if can source for some info before I start looking. At least know which model to zoom in. Will let u know if I happen to see the few models discussed here.

i meant sengkang's very own community-forum : sengkang dot com :)

waiting for your feedback then... u made me anxious. hehe

Edited by rummi, 01 October 2007 - 03:11 PM.

#15 applefreak

applefreak

Titanium Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:08 PM

it's sengkang dot com
think here dun allow posting of sites :)

#16 rummi

rummi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:12 PM

it's sengkang dot com
think here dun allow posting of sites :bleah:

ahhh, no wonder :)
hehe, thanks APPLEFREAK !

#17 Homeowner

Homeowner

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 05:43 PM

btw, even tho we may be buying a countertop-oven, we have in fact designed a cabinet space for it so that it doesnt sit on the countertop (me dun like things 'sittig around' hehe).... space may not be our problem, but WE JUZ PREFER all-in-one equipments, thats all :sport-smiley-018:

IC. Sorry, abit slow. :notti:

#18 pisces

pisces

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 05:50 PM

I recently bought the Panasonic oven NN-C2003SYPQ, when the compass point courts was closing ....got a very good deal.....but was very worried about the oven since it was a display set.
I haven't tried steaming yet but all other things work pretty good.
Grilling(meat/fish) is really great.
Baking - tried pasta/cookies/cakes/bread - everything perfecto !
I doubt if there's anything that the oven can't do :sport-smiley-018:

#19 rummi

rummi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:27 PM

I recently bought the Panasonic oven NN-C2003SYPQ, when the compass point courts was closing ....got a very good deal.....but was very worried about the oven since it was a display set.
I haven't tried steaming yet but all other things work pretty good.
Grilling(meat/fish) is really great.
Baking - tried pasta/cookies/cakes/bread - everything perfecto !
I doubt if there's anything that the oven can't do :furious:

dun tell me u got it at 50% :notti:???? wooow :sport-smiley-018:
we bought several sets of washers tat r display sets, seems ok, no worries;)

btw, r u sure NN-C2003SYPQ has steaming function too?? i read their online specifications and it wasnt stated so le

IC. Sorry, abit slow. :furious:

no la. we miss a beat (of each other) onli la :deal:

#20 hongss

hongss

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:39 PM

How much does the NN-C2003SYPQ cost? im looking for a microware cum convention oven.

#21 popcorn

popcorn

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:14 PM

thanks for the pricing..

Are you referring the Sharp Healsio? There was a promotion few months back at Best Denki, $999 I think. Prices went back to normal ($1499?) after a week.

#22 pisces

pisces

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:03 AM

dun tell me u got it at 50% :notti:???? wooow :yamseng:
we bought several sets of washers tat r display sets, seems ok, no worries;)

btw, r u sure NN-C2003SYPQ has steaming function too?? i read their online specifications and it wasnt stated so le

I got for around 40% discount, and yes u r rite it doesn't hv steaming ...I am sorry my wife cooks most of the things ...by myself ...i just and made bread after watchin too much of Jamie Oliver shows :deal:

#23 wtg54

wtg54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:15 AM

I got for around 40% discount, and yes u r rite it doesn't hv steaming ...I am sorry my wife cooks most of the things ...by myself ...i just and made bread after watchin too much of Jamie Oliver shows :notti:

Hi Pisces,

How much is the original price?

Thanks. :yamseng:

#24 pisces

pisces

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:55 PM

hi wtg,

Dun remember correctly ...think it was 899 in courts but a fren told me its 845 in mustafa.

cheers

#25 wtg54

wtg54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:54 PM

hi wtg,

Dun remember correctly ...think it was 899 in courts but a fren told me its 845 in mustafa.

cheers

Hi Pisces,

No prob. Jus need to know rough pricing. Wah.. :unsure: So ex. Then i must aim lower range oredi. :dunno:

#26 rummi

rummi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 11:58 AM

checked in shops... ...

PANASONIC multifunctional countertop oven that we'll be using : Model NN-CS-596AYPQ, is $899.

NN-C2003SYPQ also $899.

if i want steam, will take 1st model. if i want BIG but no need steam, will take 2nd model.

hope tis helps;)

#27 wtg54

wtg54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:45 PM

My contribution. All the functions except for steaming.
Posted Image

Quite a bit cheaper than those with steam function. :sport-smiley-018:

#28 hongss

hongss

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:53 AM

My contribution. All the functions except for steaming.
Posted Image

Quite a bit cheaper than those with steam function. :notti:

consider cheap as a microwave cum baking oven function..

#29 wtg54

wtg54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:11 AM

consider cheap as a microwave cum baking oven function..

Yah.. Aiming for something with this price range. Will see more during the wkends for some other models and compare.

Does anyone knows if Pana or Sharp is more energy efficient?

Thanks.. :good:

#30 hongss

hongss

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:04 AM

Anyone using the Sharp R958 microwave/convection oven? Cost abt $600 for this 41L oven

#31 marksng12

marksng12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:41 AM

hi

am thinking of asking my id to built a tall wall storage in the kitchen to store a microwave and toaster. Can i place the countertop mulitfunctional oven there? or would it spoil the capentry?

thks

#32 rummi

rummi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:25 PM

hi

am thinking of asking my id to built a tall wall storage in the kitchen to store a microwave and toaster. Can i place the countertop mulitfunctional oven there? or would it spoil the capentry?

thks

i built a 60cm x 60cm x 50cm high space into my cabinet, with ventilation space on the sides.... had seen frens doing withOUT the ventilation spaces, and the cabinet remains healthy;)

checked in shops... ...
PANASONIC multifunctional countertop oven that we'll be using : Model NN-CS-596AYPQ, is $899.

hmm, new price seems lower! yeahyeah
$799 at Best denki
$710 at Goh Ah Bee

#33 Air

Air

Titanium Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,352 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:03 AM

i built a 60cm x 60cm x 50cm high space into my cabinet, with ventilation space on the sides.... had seen frens doing withOUT the ventilation spaces, and the cabinet remains healthy;)
hmm, new price seems lower! yeahyeah
$799 at Best denki
$710 at Goh Ah Bee

I bought Sharp R888F, costs 338 from Maximum Credit. My friend used this and she recommended this model to me. It has grill, bake, steam, microwave and defrost function.

#34 rummi

rummi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:56 AM

I bought Sharp R888F, costs 338 from Maximum Credit. My friend used this and she recommended this model to me. It has grill, bake, steam, microwave and defrost function.

the price tag 'enticed' me to check tis up :unsure:
u mean tis model? http://www.sharp.com...oducts_main.asp
but the specification DID NOT indicate tat it has steam & baking function... are u sure abt them?

#35 Air

Air

Titanium Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,352 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:02 PM

the price tag 'enticed' me to check tis up :thumbs up:
u mean tis model? http://www.sharp.com...oducts_main.asp
but the specification DID NOT indicate tat it has steam & baking function... are u sure abt them?

Ya confirmed. It even has roast function.
Steam function is one of the sensor cook functions. I haven't tried any of the functions yet, except defrost though :help:

The good thing is that it is not very big so doesn't take up too much space. For so many functions, I find it rather compact.

#36 rummi

rummi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:48 PM

Steam function is one of the sensor cook functions. I haven't tried any of the functions yet, except defrost though :yamseng:

The good thing is that it is not very big so doesn't take up too much space. For so many functions, I find it rather compact.

hey, worth checking out :good: thks for the clue :unsure:

#37 hongss

hongss

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:23 AM

Steam function is one of the sensor cook functions. I haven't tried any of the functions yet, except defrost though :yamseng:

Hi Air,

what abt the model Sharp R958?? I may want to get a bigger oven. This model has all the functions of R-888F??

#38 cookie

cookie

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:13 AM

ya, this looks cheap and good. Does it allow you to choose temperature for convection baking?

Few months ago, I bought this Sanyo from Courts, cost me $289
With microwave and baking functions

http://www.overseas..../em_c6786v.html

#39 Air

Air

Titanium Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,352 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:06 PM

Hi Air,

what abt the model Sharp R958?? I may want to get a bigger oven. This model has all the functions of R-888F??

Not sure about R958 leh cos I straightaway bought R888F cos recommended by my friend, so I didn't go and recee other brands too....

#40 rummi

rummi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:32 PM

Steam function is one of the sensor cook functions. I haven't tried any of the functions yet, except defrost though :)

just checked! unfortunately its juz not my kind of multifunctional oven. tink will hv to invest the additional $400 for the panasonic set :P

btw, this sharp's steam-function is actually 'manual' steaming, hehe, u koe, put a cup of water beside your food on the turn-table, wait till it boil & give out steam in the microwave.

ya, this looks cheap and good. Does it allow you to choose temperature for convection baking?

Few months ago, I bought this Sanyo from Courts, cost me $289
With microwave and baking functions

http://www.overseas..../em_c6786v.html

its cool-looking !

Renovator: Renovation Budget: