Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rummi

Countertop Multifunctional Ovens

Enough had been discussed about built-in ovens, thought i'll start a topic on the less covered countertop ovens. some of us chose/choosing countertop oven for various reasons. let's share our choices & reviews here la :P

This is the PANASONIC multifunctional countertop oven that we'll be using : Model NN-CS-596AYPQ .

it's steam cum convection (bake & grill) cum microwave. we are fascinated with having all-in-one-machines, especially sleek-lookng things ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Enough had been discussed about built-in ovens, thought i'll start a topic on the less covered countertop ovens. some of us chose/choosing countertop oven for various reasons. let's share our choices & reviews here la :P

This is the PANASONIC multifunctional countertop oven that we'll be using : Model NN-CS-596AYPQ .

it's steam cum convection (bake & grill) cum microwave. we are fascinated with having all-in-one-machines, especially sleek-lookng things ;)

this should be quite exp rite??

tink is plus/minus $800. waiting for xmas sales to buy!!

if u do a calculation of a cost of buying a steam-microwave, plus a built-in conventional oven... tink its far more than tis price la;)

thanks for the pricing..

cost i tot its >$1k, the sharp model came to my mind..

since u have done the research, any adv with using the steam function?

thanks for the pricing..

cost i tot its >$1k, the sharp model came to my mind..

since u have done the research, any adv with using the steam function?

sounds like u had done ur research too. why dun u share u share your finds here then...

steam microwave food will not be dry.

Hi Rummi, how's your reno. going?

Some people believe that microwaving food kills nutrients. Research is inconclusive. Steaming is believed to retain the most nutrients in food. The only problem with a countertop unit is simply that - it occupies precious countertop space and in most small kitchens you would want as little on the countertop as possible so that you have space to prepare food. And all in one unit seems like a good idea if you are getting a countertop microwave anyway. But, is the baking function as good as a normal convection oven? Not sure about that. Just my two cents' worth. :dunno:

Hi All,

Any recommendation for a 2 in 1? So far only Sharp or Panasonic ones are good right? Not so concerned about the size, but would definitely consider if it is on the cheaper range.

Thanks. :dunno:

Hi Rummi, how's your reno. going?

Some people believe that microwaving food kills nutrients. Research is inconclusive. Steaming is believed to retain the most nutrients in food. The only problem with a countertop unit is simply that - it occupies precious countertop space and in most small kitchens you would want as little on the countertop as possible so that you have space to prepare food. And all in one unit seems like a good idea if you are getting a countertop microwave anyway. But, is the baking function as good as a normal convection oven? Not sure about that. Just my two cents' worth. !!

hi homeowner, missed u! how's u enjoying your new house?

my reno remains the same as we had stepped out on our honeymoon 6-mths ago. but, honeymoon ending soon, will be coming back to pick up the remaining work. come grab me for coffee when u r free :yamseng:

all these while i had been baking on conventional oven. personally never tried the new option before, though the general reviews tat i got from bakers is that they serve the purpose just as good (they said: not better, no worst either).

Hi All,

Any recommendation for a 2 in 1? So far only Sharp or Panasonic ones are good right? Not so concerned about the size, but would definitely consider if it is on the cheaper range.

Thanks. :dunno:

hi wtg54, hey u sengkang oso :bangwall:

if i had chosen a 2-in-1 (ie. microwave-cum-convection, without steam), this is the Panasonic model tat i will buy NN-C2003SYPQ its BIG - 42litres... only thing that i do prefer NON-turntables. mayb u dun mind.

tink its half the price of 3-in-1.

Yep. Started baking recently...pumpkin muffins! :bangwall: I'm going to try carrot cake and pineapple tarts one fine day 'cos I like them...procrastinating 'cos the recipes look like a lot of work! Need to grate lah. :dunno: Hehee...maybe if they're good, you can come to try.

I considered the countertop all-in-1 oven - the Panasonic one (I think), a friend's sister bought and said it's good. But, in the end, we got the convectional one instead 'cos we already have a microwave oven from our old place and cannot afford anymore countertop space.

Edited by Homeowner

hi wtg54, hey u sengkang oso :dunno:

if i had chosen a 2-in-1 (ie. microwave-cum-convection, without steam), this is the Panasonic model tat i will buy NN-C2003SYPQ its BIG - 42litres... only thing that i do prefer NON-turntables. mayb u dun mind.

tink its half the price of 3-in-1.

Hi Rummi,

Yah, me SK also. But not moving in yet. For me, since I am used to turntable ones its ok. Tho I know the non-turn ones have much more useable space. Besides, no major cooking. Just prefer to have the grill function available.

Do u know how much it is? I am quite sure the 3 in 1 will be more than 1k. !!

Thanks. :bangwall:

Yep. Started baking recently...pumpkin muffins! :) I'm going to try carrot cake and pineapple tarts one fine day 'cos I like them...procrastinating 'cos the recipes look like a lot of work! Need to grate lah. :deal: Hehee...maybe if they're good, you can come to try.

I considered the countertop all-in-1 oven - the Panasonic one (I think), a friend's sister bought and said it's good. But, in the end, we got the convectional one instead 'cos we already have a microwave oven from our old place and cannot afford anymore countertop space.

ohh yessa, me luv pumpkin muffins - such natural sweetness! times when im 'cheesy', i'll do chives-&-cheese muffins, but tis a saltish muffin instead of sweet muffins.

btw, even tho we may be buying a countertop-oven, we have in fact designed a cabinet space for it so that it doesnt sit on the countertop (me dun like things 'sittig around' hehe).... space may not be our problem, but WE JUZ PREFER all-in-one equipments, thats all :dunno:

Hi Rummi,

Yah, me SK also. But not moving in yet. For me, since I am used to turntable ones its ok. Tho I know the non-turn ones have much more useable space. Besides, no major cooking. Just prefer to have the grill function available.

Do u know how much it is? I am quite sure the 3 in 1 will be more than 1k. !!

Thanks. :bangwall:

hi wtg54, have u 'checked-in' to renotalk.com already ?? :unsure:

btw, im no expert in cooking. mayb its my lack of skill or whatever other reasons, i find that ovens that do not hit 300degrees-celsius are no good for browning grilled food... i mean, some people dun mind grilling food without the final browning, so they probably suffice with ovens hitting maximum 250degrees-celsius. so its ur style that will determine your choice of oven.

if u take some time to look into the panasonic website, they do specify the temperature range.

im not in singapore right now, cant tell u exactly how much (my)3-in-1 cost now, or how much (your)2-in-1 cost... why not u go find out the price tag for both models and share with us la :yamseng:

hi wtg54, have u 'checked-in' to renotalk.com already ?? :bleah:

btw, im no expert in cooking. mayb its my lack of skill or whatever other reasons, i find that ovens that do not hit 300degrees-celsius are no good for browning grilled food... i mean, some people dun mind grilling food without the final browning, so they probably suffice with ovens hitting maximum 250degrees-celsius. so its ur style that will determine your choice of oven.

if u take some time to look into the panasonic website, they do specify the temperature range.

im not in singapore right now, cant tell u exactly how much (my)3-in-1 cost now, or how much (your)2-in-1 cost... why not u go find out the price tag for both models and share with us la :)

Checked in? Meaning?

I am no expert as well, but having used a very normal looking microwave oven wif convection in the fully furnished apartment I was staying in while studying, I guess I am not the fussy kind.

Yah, was wondering if can source for some info before I start looking. At least know which model to zoom in. Will let u know if I happen to see the few models discussed here.

Checked in? Meaning?

I am no expert as well, but having used a very normal looking microwave oven wif convection in the fully furnished apartment I was staying in while studying, I guess I am not the fussy kind.

Yah, was wondering if can source for some info before I start looking. At least know which model to zoom in. Will let u know if I happen to see the few models discussed here.

i meant sengkang's very own community-forum : sengkang dot com :)

waiting for your feedback then... u made me anxious. hehe

Edited by rummi