Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rustgal17

Internet Provider

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can share their experiences on internet services. There are so many available now with different options and sometimes it is hard to make a decision. I hope to get some feedbacks and comments. Many thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am using SingTel Broadband and am very happy with the speed and service. (Gotta check type of plan. Speed depends on what plan you have.)

I have a couple of friends using Starhub Cable and they often cry murder because it's very slow. (possibly neighbours stealing their internet connection)

Singtel!

I used to be a starhub supporter because I thought no way a telephone cable can be as fast (or faster!) than a physical cable linking directly to my PC. I used to think all the singtel's ads on 'dedicated line' are b***sh*t.

But now at my new flat, I changed my mind. Using the same PC where it was hooked up with starhub in my old flat, it is now significantly faster on singtel! And I am comparing apples to apples, both also subscribed to 6mbps plan.

For singtel do look out for corporate plans; I think the market is abit ku-ku now, every company, big or small, got 'corporate plan' for its employees; don't know who will go sign up the 'normal plan'. So check with your company first and don't just go sign up at the shop. I sign up on corporate plan at $49.00 / mth, free mio modem (wireless-enabled), setup and installation. Somemore got free mio TV for 6 mths...(although nothing to watch one lah...hehe)

Edited by zirhk3355

if you are living in a condo - go for starhub

hdb - adsl.

Landed property = starhub is faster but setup can be a few k.

Same here, using Singnet, always experience disconnections. Use Starhub occasionally on another computer, download speed seems very much faster! So next time, might just switch to Starhub instead. See what hubby says...

on singnet for the past two years

so far disconnection is due to the modem problem i.e. software not updated

with updated software, no problem at all

previously using thomson speedtouch and now the 2Wire

Starhub seems to be reliable so far. It's important to encrpyt the network especially if you using wireless to ensure that your neighours cant tap on your bandwidth which will decrease the network speed and security. Got to also note the range and speed of the router that you are using. Latest is the N-router with more superior performance but it comes with a price tag. Mainstream is G-router.

I'm definitely switching to Singnet BB when I move to my own house ext year. Pretty much given up on SH ESPECIALLY surfing the et in the evening when more people already comes back from work.

I'm definitely switching to Singnet BB when I move to my own house ext year. Pretty much given up on SH ESPECIALLY surfing the et in the evening when more people already comes back from work.

Yups. Totally agree with this. When I am back home(Starhub), it is LagHub at night and when I am at my wife place at nite (Singtel), its Speedtel!:D The difference is too much to warrant for any considerations for my new place.

Starhub and Singtel both s***s. Heehee..used starhub coz dun like to go for incumbent :D

So far can live with the occasional (extreme) slowness. Also want to get the hub club discount which can be significant. 30% off mobile subscription leh. (yah, max out the 4 lines for max benefits).

actually all same same one la...........all got pros and cons.......singtel........dc problem.........starhub........sometimes slow...........all same one la

most impt is the price

I have been a Singtel user for many years from dialup age to broadband now...hee...not that I choose to be loyal...but I lazy to change lah...cos' so far quite reliable for me....:D

now using M1 broadband.as going to move out soon to parents house.using M1 broadband,as i can use it anywhere.......and as the contract line only 6mth and $22 per mth.. :sport-smiley-018: