Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Monkey

Bathroom Accessories ~ Where To Buy

I am looking for bathroom accessories, such as stainless steel (not chrome) shelvings, ceramic shelvings, stainless steel mirror cabinets, bathrob holder.

I have bought simple stuff from Hoe Kee Hardware, e.g. toilet paper holders, hand towel holders, bath towel racks.

And intend to check out Sansei at Jln Besah and Bathroom Gallery (Wan Tai) at Changi.

Where do all of you shop for your bathroom accessories?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Bought all bathroom accessories (shelves, towel rails, towel/robe hooks, soap dispenser, toothbrush holder) for both bathrooms from Equip Design (in Plaza S'pura) as well as from a shop(can't recall the name) in B1 at Park Mall. Cost me a bomb !! but for me it's worth it. So far just need to use water and clean dry towel to dry & buff once or twice weekly.

Stainless steel for aesthetics purposes?

No stainless steel because it's more lasting. Chrome is actually a plating, which peels off over time.

Oh, i see. Should you ever consider chrome in the future, get those with PVD finish. Costs more but definitely more durable, easier to maintain & doesn't peel off like its cheaper chrome-plated cousins. !!

Edited by gendon

Thank you, gendon! That's an excellent read. But I still won't go for chrome. Like your article says, not all PVD are alike. My faucets are from Grohe. And guess what, after 7 years, my shower mixtures have peeled.

Actually, I find that Sim Siang Choon has a large selection of stainless steel products. They have a large range of cheap chrome to expensive 316 stuff. The SS range are those not so whitish ones, heavier ones,.. and the price tag can really tell the difference.

hi Chunky Monkey, i bought my accessories from Indulge, Balestier. their prices are relatively lower than fellow competitors along the same stretch. in terms of service wise, they're very good, frank and knowledgeable as well. they'll recommend according to your budget and needs. delivery is on-time, no defects and packaging is properly labelled.

if u have fancied a certain model/brand but u dun see it on display in Indulge, ask for their catalogue and you'll still be able to get from them. overall, it's a thumbs-up experience for me and my fiance. :unsure:

bernard (attended by him and also the MD), around only on weekends.

roslyn, always there, are recommended ppl to look for.

no commission for me but just to share something good. :) happy shopping!

I am looking for bathroom accessories, such as stainless steel (not chrome) shelvings, ceramic shelvings, stainless steel mirror cabinets, bathrob holder.

I have bought simple stuff from Hoe Kee Hardware, e.g. toilet paper holders, hand towel holders, bath towel racks.

And intend to check out Sansei at Jln Besah and Bathroom Gallery (Wan Tai) at Changi.

Where do all of you shop for your bathroom accessories?

Hi Guys,

Newbie here. Was introduced by my missus to this forum and found a wealth of info. She became a forummer only slightly earlier than me. Saw this thread and decide to re-activate this thread again.

I am also looking for stainless steel bathroom accessories. Like Chunky, we believe SS are still the most long-lasting. :notti:

We are still scouting around to find the cheapest ones available. Anymore suggestions other than the few listed in this thread? Indulge looks expensive but we have not gone down to have a look yet.

Went around Hoe Kee, Poh Joo, Franco Royale and Song-Cho at Jalan Berseh just now. Only Poh Joo sell SS bathroom accessories by the set (only one set of design), while others sell by piece. They are about 100-200% more expensive than the chrome ones... :deal:

Also, anyone has any clue why the IKEA GRUNDTAL series is also stainless steel but cheaper than other "normal" shops? :drunk:

Cheers,

Ptro

Also, anyone has any clue why the IKEA GRUNDTAL series is also stainless steel but cheaper than other "normal" shops? :notti:

I haven't got a clue but the GRUNDTAL series has been serving me well previously and now at my mum's place and I really like them.

Here is a post by "applefreak" about the content (or density? or something?) of the SS.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=262779

I will be getting some for my new place too.

Edited by keltong

I haven't got a clue but the GRUNDTAL series has been serving me well previously and now at my mum's place and I really like them.

Here is a post by "applefreak" about the content (or density? or something?) of the SS.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=262779

I will be getting some for my new place too.

Ya u must see the density of the stainless steel. There are different codes for different density. Same as for chrome plated with internal solid brass or chrome plated with internal brass and mixture of some metals.

Bought a SS 7-piece set (toilet roll holder, twin towel bar, glass shelf, tooth brush and soap holder, hand towel ring and single hook), matt finishing at Adamas at TradeHub 21 for $90. I think it is quite cheap and value buy. Strange... the same set in other Adamas branches costs $160, so I had to go back there to get my set. The guy says it is definitely SS and will not rust. Dono about the density though... do check it out if you are there... quite nice. :bangwall:

Ya u must see the density of the stainless steel. There are different codes for different density. Same as for chrome plated with internal solid brass or chrome plated with internal brass and mixture of some metals.

Bought a SS 7-piece set (toilet roll holder, twin towel bar, glass shelf, tooth brush and soap holder, hand towel ring and single hook), matt finishing at Adamas at TradeHub 21 for $90. I think it is quite cheap and value buy. Strange... the same set in other Adamas branches costs $160, so I had to go back there to get my set. The guy says it is definitely SS and will not rust. Dono about the density though... do check it out if you are there... quite nice. :bath:

Wow...looks like a good buy huh.

Bought a SS 7-piece set (toilet roll holder, twin towel bar, glass shelf, tooth brush and soap holder, hand towel ring and single hook), matt finishing at Adamas at TradeHub 21 for $90. I think it is quite cheap and value buy. Strange... the same set in other Adamas branches costs $160, so I had to go back there to get my set. The guy says it is definitely SS and will not rust. Dono about the density though... do check it out if you are there... quite nice. :D

Wah Max, good buy :P, but TradeHub 21 very far from my house (Toa Payoh) leh...

:)

Was there still a lot of stock left when you bought it? When did you buy it?

Bought it about two weeks ago... they seem to have enough stock... and I don't think business is "booming" at Tradehub. Anyways, for the same set in other Adamas outlets, I was quoted $150-$160... so I figured for $70 savings, why not travel to Tradehub? You should have a direct bus from TPY, free parking if you drive... take it as an outing lor... can go look look see see furniture as well. :rolleyes:

Wah Max, good buy :lol:, but TradeHub 21 very far from my house (Toa Payoh) leh...

:D

Was there still a lot of stock left when you bought it? When did you buy it?