Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Lemongrass

You can look at the 3D drawings they came up for our flat, based on our requirements at my reno blog Kajua's Nest

Design is up to the individual taste, so hard to say if their designs are good. Might be good to us but you might not like it. For us, their ideas been quite good. It might also be a case of our reno being quite simple so not much to design

But Steven and Max are quite attentive to our requirements, so will design according to what we tell them and how they understand it. For example, the green tiles you see in the drawing was my idea. Cause I loved that color!:dunno::rolleyes: But when choosing tiles, Steven, Max and even the Hafary sales person Simon said it matches best with a white but my FH doesnt want white floor, so they came up with green strip in the center with white border. Also they case our structural pillars of our toilet in the green tiles. My FH liked the idea very much, he had steven case our MBR toilet in the brown tiles also. But now I am having 2nd thoughts after seeing Sunzhi blog of entire green wall :dunno:

When choosing things like tiles, paint color, grilles, cornice etc etc, we found that their suggestion was quite good

Hi Kajua,

Thank you very much for the feedback! When we (my gf and I) met up with Steven, we showed him a pic of a living room in the Home & Decor magazine that we like very much and told him we would like a design similar to the pic. :bleah:. We figure since we don't know how to describe what we want, might as well just show him a pic - a pic speaks a thousand words :good:. Anyways, Steven was patient and he started drawing on the floor plan and suggesting some pretty good ideas.. We will be meeting him in the coming weeks to look at the quotes, layout etc.. Will keep you guys posted. Cheers!

I see one magazine ..Lookbox ... For Ideal Hse , the photo dun have K .. got Dave , Max and one more guy.. their design look great ... So I am sure that Max can do a good job...

As for Johnny, dun worry under sales figure.. Johnny is 2nd behind K. To hit that sale figure, he should have quality lah...

Hi Silver,

Ok thanks! I surfed their website and their designs look pretty good too. Hopefully, they can help make my place to look just as nice. Cheers!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hello all, I am very new here. Can I say services by Ideal House is generally satisfying? Is their quote reasonable? We are seeking for reliable and trustworthy one.

Any complains about their workmanship so far?

hello all, I am very new here. Can I say services by Ideal House is generally satisfying? Is their quote reasonable? We are seeking for reliable and trustworthy one.

Read my blog to find out and judge for yourself.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...blogid=363&

Happy reading:)

Edited by taiji

We read about the Ideal House ID advertisement in the papers and had made appointment to see Kenneth but he was unavailable when we got there. Peter was so accommodating to serve us.

Yes, We chose to use Peter Tan despite him being new with Ideal House ID because we trusted his expertise.

There were no regrets to our decision and choice as he proved to be have a great flair in interior design, knowledgeable on renovation work procedures and a very responsible project manager. On top of that, he was always ready to assist us despite the frequent changes we made to our renovation plans. He is really very patient, flexible, organized and meticulous. We even had a very comprehensive work schedule from him which he diligently monitored. Not many contractors whom we know are like him.

We recommended him to our good friend who had previous bad experience with contractors. He was also impressed with Peter's designs and chose him to be his contractor with no regrets too.

If you want to verify his workmanship, you can ask Peter to show you the before and after photographs/floor plans of our newly renovated home and our friend's.

If Kenneth is unavailable to serve you, you can choose Peter Tan of Ideal House ID instead. Peter is really a class contractor as he made a difference to our renovation experience. So we strongly recommend him!

You can ask for Peter Tan of Ideal House. He was our ID and did a great job to our multi-generation flat. Very reliable, honest and trustworthy. No hidden cost and he will see through the whole renovation project meticulously.

We are happy with his design works, ideas and his superb service. I would say an experienced class ID and contractor with the patience and caring touch.

I second what Mrs Yu has said about Peter Tan of Ideal House ID.

I saw the advertisement for Ideal House ID in the New Paper and thought nothing of it as I don't generally trust newspaper ads. However, I was introduced to Peter Tan and found him extremely knowledgeable. It turns out that he has been in the ID line for over a decade and used to run his own ID firm till he got played out by his partners.

He is patient, meticulous and accommodating. I am a fastidious person (ie ngeow) and make quite exacting demands on my contractors and time and again, Peter has come through with flying colours. For me, the most important thing is that he uses his brains. He has vast experience and whenever he thinks an idea you may have will end up with practical problems, he will highlight the issue and you have the benefit of his counsel.

The quality of the work is very good and in the case of our renovation, Peter kicked out one unsatisfactory set of workers and brought in a new and better team to complete the job. He is one project manager who will enable you to sleep well at night, knowing that all will be well the next morning.

We read about the Ideal House ID advertisement in the papers and had made appointment to see Kenneth but he was unavailable when we got there. Peter was so accommodating to serve us.

Yes, We chose to use Peter Tan despite him being new with Ideal House ID because we trusted his expertise.

There were no regrets to our decision and choice as he proved to be have a great flair in interior design, knowledgeable on renovation work procedures and a very responsible project manager. On top of that, he was always ready to assist us despite the frequent changes we made to our renovation plans. He is really very patient, flexible, organized and meticulous. We even had a very comprehensive work schedule from him which he diligently monitored. Not many contractors whom we know are like him.

We recommended him to our good friend who had previous bad experience with contractors. He was also impressed with Peter's designs and chose him to be his contractor with no regrets too.

If you want to verify his workmanship, you can ask Peter to show you the before and after photographs/floor plans of our newly renovated home and our friend's.

If Kenneth is unavailable to serve you, you can choose Peter Tan of Ideal House ID instead. Peter is really a class contractor as he made a difference to our renovation experience. So we strongly recommend him!

hmmmm 1 post to praise Peter who is according what is written is new to Ideal House

13 post all to praise Peter who is according what is written is new to Ideal House

hmmmmm :sport-smiley-003::notti:

Got pics? When did you see the ad in the newspaper? As far as what I know from the people I talk to in Ideal House, the usually do not go for exhibition nor advertise in the newspaper. Most of their business is from word of mouth.

Anyone seen ad in the papers by Ideal House? I havent seen a single one since I started searching in September nor seen them at the various exhibition at Expo I been to :unsure:

Edited by kajua

hmmmm 1 post to praise Peter who is according what is written is new to Ideal House

13 post all to praise Peter who is according what is written is new to Ideal House

hmmmmm :sport-smiley-003::notti:

Got pics? When did you see the ad in the newspaper? As far as what I know from the people I talk to in Ideal House, the usually do not go for exhibition nor advertise in the newspaper. Most of their business is from word of mouth.

Anyone seen ad in the papers by Ideal House? I havent seen a single one since I started searching in September nor seen them at the various exhibition at Expo I been to :unsure:

We saw the advertisement in May/June 2007 period and checked it out. We started our reno in Aug 2007. They might have stop advertising after that. U can always ask Kenneth when he stopped advertising.

Why all this talk back and doubt when we only wanted to share our experience here. We would have posted on this forum months ago had we knew about this forum earlier.

Forums are for information sharing and not for debates. I am just overwhelmed about our reno experiences and really want to thank our ID for sharing his wisdom and the superb service. I am not praising my ID but just stating the deserving facts because it is not easy to find someone like that.

Genuine home owners has the right to know and judge for themselves which ID to choose. How would they know if the word never got around that Ideal House has a newbie who is actually superb, diligent and very experienced? It is through the testimony of us home owners of course.

Imagine that all this while nobody knew about our ID and didn't bothered to test him out. What a waste?? We did and were very glad that we had him to take care of our reno. It really made a great difference to us to have someone whom we can truly rely on to diligently check on the work quality and supervise through the whole renovation process. Yes, we did many ad-hoc spot checks on the works during our reno as we are really fussy. That's why we knew we got a no-nonsense gem ID.

You probably should post some pictures of your place... I too find it curious why all your posts are about recommending your ID?

Edited by hobbes187

We saw the advertisement in May/June 2007 period and checked it out. We started our reno in Aug 2007. They might have stop advertising after that. U can always ask Kenneth when he stopped advertising.

Why all this talk back and doubt when we only wanted to share our experience here. We would have posted on this forum months ago had we knew about this forum earlier.

Forums are for information sharing and not for debates. I am just overwhelmed about our reno experiences and really want to thank our ID for sharing his wisdom and the superb service. I am not praising my ID but just stating the deserving facts because it is not easy to find someone like that.

Genuine home owners has the right to know and judge for themselves which ID to choose. How would they know if the word never got around that Ideal House has a newbie who is actually superb, diligent and very experienced? It is through the testimony of us home owners of course.

Imagine that all this while nobody knew about our ID and didn't bothered to test him out. What a waste?? We did and were very glad that we had him to take care of our reno. It really made a great difference to us to have someone whom we can truly rely on to diligently check on the work quality and supervise through the whole renovation process. Yes, we did many ad-hoc spot checks on the works during our reno as we are really fussy. That's why we knew we got a no-nonsense gem ID.

True, forums are meant to share information and not for debates. But then information shared should stand request for clarification, IMHO. Nothing wrong with wanting to clarify the information. No need to get defensive over it. But if you feel any information you post , I should not ask for clarification and accept it at face value. Then I wont. I can live with that.

I just find it funny that all 14 post is about promoting one ID with no pictures shown especially since the reno should be completed by now (started in Aug 07). But you have your right not to share the pictures as it is your house (though you did mention in other post to arrange with your ID to view your photos which is quite unusual for most of us regulars here). Also the fact the 1st post upon registration and every post after that is a promotion and advertisement of Peter Tan. So just wanna clarify if is he really that good, cause from what i gather from your post he is unbelievablely good. If I need to change my ID to him, I would like to know more.

Renovating a house is a big event for many of us, some of us cannot afford to test as you suggested and then suffer the consequences of failure and the hassle that comes with it. So we would like to be assured by getting more clarification eventhough being 100% sure is not possible.

Anyway this thread was started to share genuine experiences with ID from Ideal Hous, so guess you are right, you are just sharing. Readers can make of it what they will from what they read.

Lets hope the one I selected from Ideal House do a good job for me Edited by admin

True, forums are meant to share information and not for debates. But then information shared should stand request for clarification, IMHO. Nothing wrong with wanting to clarify the information. No need to get defensive over it. But if you feel any information you post , I should not ask for clarification and accept it at face value. Then I wont. I can live with that.

I just find it funny that all 14 post is about promoting one ID with no pictures shown especially since the reno should be completed by now (started in Aug 07). But you have your right not to share the pictures as it is your house (though you did mention in other post to arrange with your ID to view your photos which is quite unusual for most of us regulars here). Also the fact the 1st post upon registration and every post after that is a promotion and advertisement of Peter Tan. So just wanna clarify if is he really that good, cause from what i gather from your post he is unbelievablely good. If I need to change my ID to him, I would like to know more.

Renovating a house is a big event for many of us, some of us cannot afford to test as you suggested and then suffer the consequences of failure and the hassle that comes with it. So we would like to be assured by getting more clarification even though being 100% sure is not possible.

Anyway this thread was started to share genuine experiences with ID from Ideal House other then Mr K, so guess you are right, you are just sharing. Readers can make of it what they will from what they read.

Lets hope the one I selected from Ideal House do a good job for me

I supposed that you can never be 100% sure. You just need to test your luck and learn from the experience.

All the best to you!

Our experience is only with this one ID so I cannot comment on the rest but can only vouch for this one

One other reason why I can't share pictures or images on this forum is because I don't know how these things working on the computer. I don't know even how to get all those funny face pictures in here. My IT standard is limited to typing text only so I can only tell about the before and after reno in text form which I did on one of the threads.

I thank everyone for their understanding and for hearing me out as I will not be on this thread after this message.