25 replies to this topic

#1 calaislily

calaislily

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:30 AM

Anyone installed a retractable clothes hanger recently? I need some recommendations and the estimated cost, please. Appreciate any advise.

#2 keltong

keltong

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:55 AM

Not recently but I did Easy Hanger few years back and its quite good. I believe was about $380 then.

#3 kunning

kunning

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:58 PM

Anyone installed a retractable clothes hanger recently? I need some recommendations and the estimated cost, please. Appreciate any advise.

Saw one at at an exhibition last Dec. It's stainless steel & has some kind of remote control to operate it.
But when asked, I was told that it cost $1000. I told the salesman that for a $1000, I rather hang the clothes manually myself.... :bangwall: You may want to refer to www.ezziliving.com to check it out.

#4 babytan

babytan

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:37 PM

Not recently but I did Easy Hanger few years back and its quite good. I believe was about $380 then.

is the pulley smooth? will easily kana stuck?
which 1 you did the coated or stainless steel?

#5 keltong

keltong

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:04 AM

is the pulley smooth? will easily kana stuck?
which 1 you did the coated or stainless steel?

Yeah, got a string to pull it up. I choose the stainless steel type cost dun want wait the coating came off later. I use using it for 2yrs+ before I sold the house, no problem with it, didn't get stuck of anything.

#6 babytan

babytan

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:05 PM

Yeah, got a string to pull it up. I choose the stainless steel type cost dun want wait the coating came off later. I use using it for 2yrs+ before I sold the house, no problem with it, didn't get stuck of anything.

thanks for your feedback :lol: if got leftover $$..will go for it..kekek

#7 TYM

TYM

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:51 PM

Given free by ID (i know there is no such thing as free, but still nice to call it "free"). Due to our small kitchen, got to saw off quite a bit of the pole. Happy with it so far, convenient.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 keltong

keltong

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:08 PM

thanks for your feedback :yamseng: if got leftover $$..will go for it..kekek

Cool....do let me know the 'updated' pricing if any. We are also leaving this to the last min, if got extra from the budget. But so far chances looks slim, still waiting for some of the invoices to come in to tally.

#9 snow

snow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:40 AM

Given free by ID (i know there is no such thing as free, but still nice to call it "free"). Due to our small kitchen, got to saw off quite a bit of the pole. Happy with it so far, convenient.

Posted Image

Posted Image

hi tym,

love your retrackable clothes hanger, it look cool! i'm looking for something like that but got a limited budget as spent too much on renovation already :sport-smiley-004:

anyone know where to get this kind of clothes hanger and the pricing please? thanks! :yamseng:

#10 keltong

keltong

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:35 AM

Refer to no.2 post by me...there are a few people who does this. One of them is EasyHanger, my cost 2 years back is about $380, have not asked the latest quote yet.

#11 babytan

babytan

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:48 PM

so TYM hanger is considered stainless steel huh?
will keep you updated if got any..let me ask if ID can give me "FREE" hohoh :bangwall:

#12 keltong

keltong

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:43 PM

so TYM hanger is considered stainless steel huh?
will keep you updated if got any..let me ask if ID can give me "FREE" hohoh :sport-smiley-003:

From the picture can't really tell but the 'retractable' bracket seems to be in white, if yes, means it could be powder coated. I got stainless steel one coz scare it rust leh, will alway kena water one.

Just realise from the website I posted that the price is indicated there. How stupid am I! It's $398. Price actually went UP! Can't believe it. Everything also go up except my pay.

#13 snow

snow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:57 PM

anyone know where to get those old fashion type clothes hanger hung to the wall ceiling?
difference is i need those aluminium poles, not those wooden bamboo poles.

wonder anyone got cheap lobang where to get this? thanks! :D

#14 keltong

keltong

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:12 AM

I think the aluminum poles are quite widely available. I saw at the mini-mart near my house those cannot adjust length type at about $7+ each. Than at I think NTUC or something those adjustable type also at $7+ and at HomeFix at about $11+ adjustable type (but looks better than the NTUC ones).

#15 snow

snow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:25 AM

I think the aluminum poles are quite widely available. I saw at the mini-mart near my house those cannot adjust length type at about $7+ each. Than at I think NTUC or something those adjustable type also at $7+ and at HomeFix at about $11+ adjustable type (but looks better than the NTUC ones).

but how about the metal thingy that need to be attached to the wall ceiling? :yamseng:

#16 deepakvali

deepakvali

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:08 AM

but how about the metal thingy that need to be attached to the wall ceiling? :bath:

i can sell to you mine which is direct from HDB, Aluminum and sturdy unlike the Aluminum ones that are sold outside 8|

#17 snow

snow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:47 PM

hi keltong,

as per your advice, i found and bought it at Home Fix :dunno:
total cost $130 inclusive of the metal thingy plus 6 poles. was very happy and relieve now :P

thanks U :)

i can sell to you mine which is direct from HDB, Aluminum and sturdy unlike the Aluminum ones that are sold outside :good:

hi deepakvali,

i just bought it from Home Fix yesterday. anyway thanks :P

#18 keltong

keltong

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:22 AM

hi keltong,

as per your advice, i found and bought it at Home Fix :dribble:
total cost $130 inclusive of the metal thingy plus 6 poles. was very happy and relieve now :P

thanks U :P

No worries :P

Did you join the HomeFix membership? Free registration and I think every $200 spent can exchange for $5 voucher, not much lah but better than nothing. Heehee...

#19 snow

snow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:40 PM

No worries :dancingqueen:

Did you join the HomeFix membership? Free registration and I think every $200 spent can exchange for $5 voucher, not much lah but better than nothing. Heehee...

No leh. I didn't know there's a membership club at Home Fix and the cashier didn't mention anything at all, haha :yamseng:

#20 keltong

keltong

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:43 PM

No leh. I didn't know there's a membership club at Home Fix and the cashier didn't mention anything at all, haha !!

Ya..seems like they also not actively promoting it. I only know when this cashier was quite slow so I looking around the cashier area and read about it. Everytime I pay also they will not ask, I have to tell them I am a member. **** lousy service, unlike McDonalds. Haha...but Mcds also no more member liao :jawdrop:

#21 mae29

mae29

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

The one shown in the picture above is suitable for Indoor drying. I have installed another model which is retractable & extendable for outdoor drying, which is very sturdy & easy to use.

I seldom retract it as I can leave it at drop height for drying bath towels when my children step out of bathroom.

Posted Image

See here for more details:

My Retractable Laundry Hanger for Indoor & Outdoor drying

Edited by mae29, 06 October 2011 - 11:30 AM.

#22 666

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:50 PM

I got mine from TAME, same price $788 at expo...

I juz scared now, if the poles push down its too high for my maid. My maid is like 1.5m, i dont want her climb on chair to hang clothes & push.

#23 Chrodes

Chrodes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:46 PM

are TAME products good? i have been to a few exhibitions and they are always there to feature.. wanting to get some feedback about the products. thanks!

#24 velv

velv

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

Anyone installed the electronic hanger for a while , can it last? Do the installer come to pull cable in laundry yard or??
I am actually interested , to save the energy in hanging clothes.

Any down points to take note?

Edited by velv, 06 June 2011 - 10:43 PM.

#25 MichaelC

MichaelC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:14 AM

are TAME products good? i have been to a few exhibitions and they are always there to feature.. wanting to get some feedback about the products. thanks!

I saw the same product Tame is selling (3 pole - pull up system) TAME price $428
I saw in London S$129 (after conversion)
I guess nothing is cheap in Singapore given the high rental of commercial space :(

#26 pepamint_L

pepamint_L

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

The one shown in the picture above is suitable for Indoor drying. I have installed another model which is retractable & extendable for outdoor drying, which is very sturdy & easy to use.

I seldom retract it as I can leave it at drop height for drying bath towels when my children step out of bathroom.

Posted Image

See here for more details:

My Retractable Laundry Hanger for Indoor & Outdoor drying

Hi hi!
Wondering how your retractable clothes functioning, 3 years after installation? I went to furniture planner exhibition last weekend and found 2 exhibitors (one of them is TAME) selling at $888 as special promotion price....

Home Planner

Renovator: Renovation Budget: