Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
askreno

Daikin Air-con Water Dripping.

My Daikin air-con has water dripping,the repair man says the draining pipe lay undergroung was badly stuck(blocked) ,need to drain off water from the air-con via a new piping on a new route,

My instinct tells me he is trying to fleece me.this job cost of layiny new pipes about $250/**.WO! so expensive.

He only *censored* out the water for about 5 minutes which I think is too short a time.

these pipes are all plastics , so no rust. then where the blockage comes from.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I used to have this problem with my previous Daikin air-con i.e water drips from the blower. The problem I had was the drain / gutters inside the blower gets moldy and sticky if you don't clean it regulary, which the 3rd party air-con contractor did not clean it.

However, after I switched to Daikin directly for regular maintenance, I don't have the problem anymore because they dismantle, the gutters (and also the internal "roller"), wash them thoroughly and then blow the pipe to clear any blockage. Though it cost more per visit, but the money is well spent.

I used to have this problem with my previous Daikin air-con i.e water drips from the blower. The problem I had was the drain / gutters inside the blower gets moldy and sticky if you don't clean it regulary, which the 3rd party air-con contractor did not clean it.

However, after I switched to Daikin directly for regular maintenance, I don't have the problem anymore because they dismantle, the gutters (and also the internal "roller"), wash them thoroughly and then blow the pipe to clear any blockage. Though it cost more per visit, but the money is well spent.

Hi Guys, just to share my experience.

It dosn't just happen with Daikin Air-Cons (Anyway, mine is also Daikin). The problem is caused by blockage in the drain pipe due to molds and sludge, especially with our Humid Singapore and when you do not turn on your units regularly.

Service man to the rescue may be the answer but costly right?, so I recommend a thorough service with chemical wash and all by qualified / legitimate sources once every 2 or 3 years depending on your usage.

In between, every 3 to 6 months, simply remove the cover and spray the "solution" now available in FIX DIY shops, a product called CONCAIRE (they should pay me fees for helping them promote) to clean the fins / blades / tray and also help clear the pipes as well. for $50.00, I washed 6 Fan units by myself (No mess, it comes with a big bag to contain dirty water dripping out). It is simple as 1,2,3... try it!

For very bad choke... Mr. Muscle Drainage solution to the rescue. I do not recommend pouring this directly onto the Air-Con tray. I used a long-nozzle spray to pump Mr. Muscle into the drain pipe and let it "burn through" before flush spraying with warm water. For a 5 years installation, I did that only once. Cheap and effective. Dun listen to the "Crap" of laying new pipes unless you have a Rat stuck in the pipe. HeeHee :unsure:

Enjoy DIY and Save Save Save! :bangwall:

Hi Guys, just to share my experience.

It dosn't just happen with Daikin Air-Cons (Anyway, mine is also Daikin). The problem is caused by blockage in the drain pipe due to molds and sludge, especially with our Humid Singapore and when you do not turn on your units regularly.

Service man to the rescue may be the answer but costly right?, so I recommend a thorough service with chemical wash and all by qualified / legitimate sources once every 2 or 3 years depending on your usage.

In between, every 3 to 6 months, simply remove the cover and spray the "solution" now available in FIX DIY shops, a product called CONCAIRE (they should pay me fees for helping them promote) to clean the fins / blades / tray and also help clear the pipes as well. for $50.00, I washed 6 Fan units by myself (No mess, it comes with a big bag to contain dirty water dripping out). It is simple as 1,2,3... try it!

For very bad choke... Mr. Muscle Drainage solution to the rescue. I do not recommend pouring this directly onto the Air-Con tray. I used a long-nozzle spray to pump Mr. Muscle into the drain pipe and let it "burn through" before flush spraying with warm water. For a 5 years installation, I did that only once. Cheap and effective. Dun listen to the "Crap" of laying new pipes unless you have a Rat stuck in the pipe. HeeHee :notti:

Enjoy DIY and Save Save Save! :sport-smiley-003:

So has anyone experienced problems... and tried similar methods to save $$$?

The most effective method is how the aircon repair man do it.

Use a vacuum cleaner, and place the hose opening near the place where the water pipe discharge the water into the floor trap. Turn on vacuum and use hand to act as a adaptor to prevent air leak. The amount of sludge coming out is amazing. When feel like got water coming out, make sure water do not enter the vacuum.

If the vacuum bag is made of paper, take precaution as the bag will tear if water touches it. Best is to use wet dry vacuum.

Use a vacuum cleaner, and place the hose opening near the place where the water pipe discharge the water into the floor trap. Turn on vacuum and use hand to act as a adaptor to prevent air leak. The amount of sludge coming out is amazing. When feel like got water coming out, make sure water do not enter the vacuum.

If the vacuum bag is made of paper, take precaution as the bag will tear if water touches it. Best is to use wet dry vacuum.

true, use wet & dry vacuum cleaner is the best :good:

(me use karcher wet & dry)

last time no vacuum cleaner so use wire to clear the pipe lol...

true, use wet & dry vacuum cleaner is the best :good:

(me use karcher wet & dry)

last time no vacuum cleaner so use wire to clear the pipe lol...

Ya, that may be the lowest cost to treat "blockage" and only in case of a blockage, else suction will not work.

Anyway, even if you manage to "suck" out the sludge, you can never clear the remnants that encourage growth again very quickly (given our climate)

Still better to treat it with an "agent" to fully "clean" the pipe of sludge remnants so that it last longer between treatments.

:yamseng:

I had a few ocassions at nights in the midst of sleeping, air-con water dripping. I used the Rainbow vacuum cleaner to suck the water out from the water pipe outlet. Then switched on the air-con and continued to sleep. :good:

same thing happen for almost every 3 mths ... water dripping from my LG aircon. Just started doing own DIY twice since Feb08. Previously called Aircon tech to do general maintenance $40-$50.

Now I do on my own except when gas is gone.

What I do. clean all internal parts. remove them and washed them. took 1.5hrs every time it drips.

Also just bought this foam spray called jackie 3 in 1 which cleans the coils and the fan subsequently drains out stuck particles in the drainage. So far the foam doing its job, the coils looked clean and stubborn particles gone. Lets see how long my servicing can go till the next drips ...

I had never use vacuum to clean my air con before, i always call for contractors to come down to clean my air con for me.

I had done my last servicing last month with the help from Air Con Repair Singapore.

Their service was not bad and the price was quite cheap also.

Agree... This just shows that an established brand like Daikin tops not only in terms of performance but also in service quality.

My Daikin air-con has water dripping,the repair man says the draining pipe lay undergroung was badly stuck(blocked) ,need to drain off water from the air-con via a new piping on a new route,

My instinct tells me he is trying to fleece me.this job cost of layiny new pipes about $250/**.WO! so expensive.

He only *censored* out the water for about 5 minutes which I think is too short a time.

these pipes are all plastics , so no rust. then where the blockage comes from.

I found out the biggest culprit in aircon leaking water is the installer in Singapore. I was shown the pipes they use in USA are those as big as washing machine water drainage pipes (30mm) compared to Singapore using a 5mm-16mm pipes.

smaller pipes are more prone to chokes as gel like substance builds up over time n harder to flush out.

Hope this info helps for those installing new aircons in the future