Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
winner

Anyone Heard Of Mesin Furniture

I am upset with them too. I ordered a sofa set from them at Singapore Expo on 13 July and up to now, no news from them and can't seem to reach anybody (both shop number 62857805 and Steven's Lim handphone). I got worried and checked with ACRA and search for Mesin Furniture. Went down to their shop this afternoon at Jln Mesin and it was locked and closed. The place looked like a ghost town.

S/No. Registration No.

Click below hyperlink to buy entity information. Entity Name Status

1 53108414X MESIN FURNITURE To be terminated

2 200812978E MESIN FURNITURE PTE. LTD. Live

3 53118975M MESIN FURNITURE & FURNISHING

n.k.a M INTERIOR CONCEPT GROUP Terminated

This Steven Lim requested me to pay $500 as deposit and I paid by NETS (STUPID ME! :furious: ). Yes, I must admit he's a very sweet talker.

BTW: did you manage to get your furniture in the end?

Didn't get them at all :( I saw their advertisement at Wan Bao that they are in exhibiting at Creative Living 08. I am going down tomorrow to trash it out with them. Have a bad feeling that I wont be able to locate them after this expo end at this sunday. Just wan to get my refund and forget about it, hopefully.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

EDITED 23 August 2008

Update: Mesin Closed down. owe some of their supplier and they refused to send goods anymore. see post lower below for updates

Edited by Ideasmiths

Guys,

I bought a package from Mesin too early July 2008, they were there for 3 consequtive Expo (early july, mid July, now early Aug), just confirmed my sofa and coffee table set.

I asked them if they are the same as mesin furniture and they said they are NOT. Their company is mesin furniture Pte Ltd. The head honcho I deal with is Edwin Deng. Their showroom at 11 Jalan Mesin (Standard Industrial Building) is under renovation?....Their Tampines electrical showroom is up (I'll have to d address, then update here)

I think we are getting confused with 2 different companies here. The logo looked the same (the first chinese character)...

Very confusing. In my order form, they have both Mesin Furniture in print and a chop to amend the cheque payable to "Mesin Furniture Pte Ltd". To me, they are the same company. There are 3 directors listed in Mesin Furniture Pte Ltd: Steven Lim, Edwin Teng (Deng JinFu) and Lee Sou Mien (Li ShaoMin). SL claimed the company is moving to 11 Eu Tong Sen after the trade show. When you said confirmed, do you mean they have delivered to your house?

Didn't get them at all :( I saw their advertisement at Wan Bao that they are in exhibiting at Creative Living 08. I am going down tomorrow to trash it out with them. Have a bad feeling that I wont be able to locate them after this expo end at this sunday. Just wan to get my refund and forget about it, hopefully.

Please give us an update on your encounter. I have gone down to Expo yesterday and he apologised that they were so busy with the shift and expo show that they have forgotten my order. He promised to deliver the sofa to me in 2 weeks time. I will wait and give him another 2 weeks......

Very confusing. In my order form, they have both Mesin Furniture in print and a chop to amend the cheque payable to "Mesin Furniture Pte Ltd". To me, they are the same company. There are 3 directors listed in Mesin Furniture Pte Ltd: Steven Lim, Edwin Teng (Deng JinFu) and Lee Sou Mien (Li ShaoMin). SL claimed the company is moving to 11 Eu Tong Sen after the trade show. When you said confirmed, do you mean they have delivered to your house?

Please give us an update on your encounter. I have gone down to Expo yesterday and he apologised that they were so busy with the shift and expo show that they have forgotten my order. He promised to deliver the sofa to me in 2 weeks time. I will wait and give him another 2 weeks......

Oh oh, someone just called my wife and told her that the sofa will be delayed to 23 October 2008 which was supposed to be delivered by 6 September...I gave them enough time to do the job.

Sigh, looks like some trouble ahead.

I'll probably have to call the credit card company to reverse the charges....

In the mean time.....suggest most people do not deal with Mesin Furniture (or derivatives)

Wtf: got an sms today 22 August 2008 2 pm from a james from Hee Tat Enteprise, 19 Mandai Estate $02-03 S729911 says that they took over all of mesin furniture goods and asked me to go down to 'talk'.

Sigh, getting ready to go case, small courts, police, credit card, magistrate and then send my lawyer liao. Waste my time and some more now must go select all my furniture all over again....

PISS OFF!!!

Edited by Ideasmiths

Update as on 23 August 2008.

1) mesin closed down BUT this edwin guy still go around and collecing all the 'deposits'!

2) A furniture supplier informed me that mesin owe some of them monies so they now refuse to send good to mesin. They instead contact me and arranged. Was contacted by James from Hee Tat Enterprise (Co reg no 37476900000-D, 19 Mandai Estate #02-03 S(728811) Tel: 64683595 and hp 91806888. www.heetat.com.

Also, same place ELRCA MARKETING ENTERPISES (co reg number 383757400000-E).

What happens is that I paid $x to mesin as deposit and outstanding $y dollar. So Hee Tat will deliver all the stuff to my place, then I pay up the remaining $y. I placed a deposit of $100

To get to Mandai Estate, take to Kanji MRT, take bus 170, 5 or 6 stops, walk a bit, if not take a taxi in, about $7.

3) saw that there is a few people who is in the same situation, some even paid in full.

4) During convesation with James, someone called up (another mesin victim) and says that this Edwin guy still got guts to drop by his place and ask for deposits....

Oh oh, someone just called my wife and told her that the sofa will be delayed to 23 October 2008 which was supposed to be delivered by 6 September...I gave them enough time to do the job.

Sigh, looks like some trouble ahead.

I'll probably have to call the credit card company to reverse the charges....

In the mean time.....suggest most people do not deal with Mesin Furniture (or derivatives)

Wtf: got an sms today 22 August 2008 2 pm from a james from Hee Tat Enteprise, 19 Mandai Estate $02-03 S729911 says that they took over all of mesin furniture goods and asked me to go down to 'talk'.

Sigh, getting ready to go case, small courts, police, credit card, magistrate and then send my lawyer liao. Waste my time and some more now must go select all my furniture all over again....

PISS OFF!!!

His 2 weeks grace period is up. Did not receive any call and can't get hold of anybody from Mesin today to confirm my delivery. Their office phone has been transferred to "no man's land" as well. Am not too hopeful to get my sofa set.

Will go to his SPOTTISWOODE house to confront him this time round, unless he also move out of his residential home or he gave an incorrect address when he registers with ACRA. If he doesn't want to settle it in some way, will go to small court to file as the last measure.

:curse:

His 2 weeks grace period is up. Did not receive any call and can't get hold of anybody from Mesin today to confirm my delivery. Their office phone has been transferred to "no man's land" as well. Am not too hopeful to get my sofa set.

Will go to his SPOTTISWOODE house to confront him this time round, unless he also move out of his residential home or he gave an incorrect address when he registers with ACRA. If he doesn't want to settle it in some way, will go to small court to file as the last measure.

:curse:

if you paid using VISA card like myself, get the banks to reverse the charges. first I went to the police and lodge a report as this is under CBT, then with the report give to bank with the forms.

With more people making the police report, the higher the chances of winning. Police report is quite easy and because we are on the 'correct' side, it's quite a good experience. The police won't do any investigation, the paperwork is there so that in the future you still got options to make it a criminal case or small claim or legal case.

if you paid using VISA card like myself, get the banks to reverse the charges. first I went to the police and lodge a report as this is under CBT, then with the report give to bank with the forms.

With more people making the police report, the higher the chances of winning. Police report is quite easy and because we are on the 'correct' side, it's quite a good experience. The police won't do any investigation, the paperwork is there so that in the future you still got options to make it a criminal case or small claim or legal case.

Unfortunately, i paid by NETS. Please goto http://www.iptoonline.gov.sg/ and search these NRIC numbers.

(S1618523Z Steven Lim, S7314126E, S8225002F Edwin Teng). All 3 directors are already bankcrupt. I did not bother to pay $6 each for their details as I don't want to spend more unnecessary monies. How could a bankcrupt still be directors! Something not right! :furious: Will make a report to police instead since it is unlikely I can get back any money. At least, these people will not get their discharge from bankcruptcy so easily if we report them to the OA.

3 Sep: Sorry, my mistake. They are not bankruptees. Victim99 corrected me when he purchased the reports on their status. I thot initially successful match means they are in the bankruptees list.

Edited by telim123

I did try to ask for refund from him at Creative Living but wasn't successful. Were you successful?

Pls refer to my posting http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...12&hl=mesin

for updates.

I did try to ask for refund from him at Creative Living but wasn't successful. Were you successful?

Pls refer to my posting http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...12&hl=mesin

for updates.

u mean now the uncle is at creative living? or the mesin owner?

after read this thread really need to careful liao :bangwall:

hope home2be not like that, :bangwall: cause i do fully payment liao :~:~

u mean now the uncle is at creative living? or the mesin owner?

after read this thread really need to careful liao :bangwall:

hope home2be not like that, :bangwall: cause i do fully payment liao :~:~

dun worry abt home2be.... they are part of OM company.

but i dun understand why u make full payment in first place????

it seems quite alot of ppl in this forum make full payments. why???? is it the shop give you 10%-20% off when you make full payment????

dun worry abt home2be.... they are part of OM company.

but i dun understand why u make full payment in first place????

it seems quite alot of ppl in this forum make full payments. why???? is it the shop give you 10%-20% off when you make full payment????

Because most of us are inexperience? Especially with big ticket item.

For example, some contractor wanted 10% downpayment, but when you sign, you see that the small print says that if you default you need to pay $x for this, $y for that....so on 'confirmation' day, another 40% need to be paid, then after delivery the other 50%....

Sometimes we are just too gullible :(

Well, at least I think me and wife can get some money back, we made a police report and the banks would reverse the charges. Lol, asked the policeman if I see Mesin at Expo again, what can we do? He says not much....

Sigh..

Because most of us are inexperience? Especially with big ticket item.

For example, some contractor wanted 10% downpayment, but when you sign, you see that the small print says that if you default you need to pay $x for this, $y for that....so on 'confirmation' day, another 40% need to be paid, then after delivery the other 50%....

Sometimes we are just too gullible :(

Well, at least I think me and wife can get some money back, we made a police report and the banks would reverse the charges. Lol, asked the policeman if I see Mesin at Expo again, what can we do? He says not much....

Sigh..

learn lessons in life.

one thing in life to learn is everything is negotiable. there is no such thing as "fixed price", "market price", "market practice", "standard practice", "contract terms".......

never make full payment until you see the goods. even if you go to CASE for disputes, i think they will also ask you why you make full payment in the first place.

even for IDs or contractors who ask for 10% or 20% upon sign contract. Balls to them. i dun see any work done or raw materials supply, i won't pay anything, not even 10%.

i dun pay, they lose one customer. i can always find another person to do my work. Their lose is greater than mine.

so customer always got the upper hand. make use of it.

Just learnt from this forum today. Another victim here :( . I have ordered a sofa set and paid deposit, I have gone down to Hee Tat and closed the deal with James placed another $100, hope that it will be fine.

However, so unfortunate that beside sofa, I also purchased a 37” Sharp LCD TV with them on 12 July, and it is by credit card. Is there any chance of getting my TV or getting back my $? I tried going to police, they advice me to go to small claim tribunal. Any one has lodged a report there?

Hi Pretty Girl, please provide me the sales side phone number that you have dialled? You must be very lucky for them to respond within half an hour while ugly one here has been calling this number 62857805 since 22 July almost everyday (morning, afternoon, evening) and HP 96587034 to try to make an appointment for delivery. No one picked up the call. :furious:

If you don't believe me, please try these numbers yourself.

this pretty girl obviously in conspiracy with mesin.

she had only done ONE posting and which company work THAT fast in HALF AN HOUR???