Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
loli

Lobangs For Ceiling Fans

we are looking for nice ceiling fans for our new home. can anyone suggest a good retailer where we can find great variety at a good price? any reliable brands to recommend?

thanks in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am also thinking of getting ceiling fans for my house, but was told that ceiling fan is bad in FS for bedroom. So, kind of hesitating now.

Are you getting ceiling fans for your whole house?

I am also thinking of getting ceiling fans for my house, but was told that ceiling fan is bad in FS for bedroom. So, kind of hesitating now.

Are you getting ceiling fans for your whole house?

thinking of installing them in all bedrooms except for the living room cos my ID said it would "lower" the interior design.

You mean the ceiling fan will make your living room looks cheapo?

I have seen pics of expensive n nice looking, simple n classic looking ceiling fans. They don't always make your interior design looks cheapo. Maybe you should challenge your ID to design your living room in such a way that a ceiling fan will add extra favour to the theme :notti:

Anyway, from what I know, KDK is a reliable brand. But they have limited choice for low ceiling fans. Also, their fans don't have light kit.

And yes, Jalan Besar is a good place to shop for ceiling fans. Plan to go there too if I still want to have ceiling fans for my bedrooms.

Juz wish to share my bying of ceiling fans ..... :)

Shop : Palace of Lights, Balestier Road (After going thru many shops in Balestier rd and Jln besar, I finally zeroed in 2 shops, One is Palace of lights and another Tai yong at jln Besar). Choose POL becos of more show space, more varieties, they sell Elmark, Fanco, Amasco and Crester brands and friendly service. Tai Yong salesmen couldnt answer my few simple questions abt height requirement.

Serviced by : First visit by Steven (First visit juz to see), Buying visit by Kelvin.

Bought what : 2 - 60" Elmark fan with 3 lights and silver color string light cover. Each costs 270$ after bargain. (Initially told 230 for fan + 65 for lights. Came down to 280. Then agreed for 270). These 2 fans are for my living.

3 - 52" Fanco fan with 3 lights and Black color string light cover. Each costs 240$ after bargain. (Initially told 260. Came down to 250. Then agreed for 240). These 3 fans are for my rooms.

2 - Amasco Fan regulators. Each 35$

Installation for each fan 35$. Installation and additional wiring for each regulator 35$.

Total : 1575 $.

:thumbs up:

Salesman said he's giving the best price (as they used to say) when I bargained more.

Do you think price ok or more or less ?????

Edited by MeToo

Shop : Palace of Lights, Balestier Road (After going thru many shops in Balestier rd and Jln besar, I finally zeroed in 2 shops, One is Palace of lights and another Tai yong at jln Besar). Choose POL becos of more show space, more varieties, they sell Elmark, Fanco, Amasco and Crester brands and friendly service. Tai Yong salesmen couldnt answer my few simple questions abt height requirement.

Serviced by : First visit by Steven (First visit juz to see), Buying visit by Kelvin.

Bought what : 2 - 60" Elmark fan with 3 lights and silver color string light cover. Each costs 270$ after bargain. (Initially told 230 for fan + 65 for lights. Came down to 280. Then agreed for 270). These 2 fans are for my living.

3 - 52" Fanco fan with 3 lights and Black color string light cover. Each costs 240$ after bargain. (Initially told 260. Came down to 250. Then agreed for 240). These 3 fans are for my rooms.

Installation for each fan 35$. Installation and additional wiring for each regulator 35$.

Salesman said he's giving the best price (as they used to say) when I bargained more.

thanks for sharing.

the price seems ok to me. will check out palace of lights. me personally prefer Elmark cos the motor seems better compared to Amasco based on my experiene with the existing fans I have in my current house. Amasco's motor seems to weakened after some time. Just to let you know, my Amasco fan's speed 1 is creeping slow and speed 2 is too fast, whereas the difference in Elmark's speed 1,2 and 3 are more consistent. Maybe not all Amasco is like that, but becos of my personal experience, i prefer not to buy Amasco again.

while i know regulators are chargeable, i tot ceiling fans come with free installation? i dun remember paying any installation fees previously leh...

You mean the ceiling fan will make your living room looks cheapo?

I have seen pics of expensive n nice looking, simple n classic looking ceiling fans. They don't always make your interior design looks cheapo. Maybe you should challenge your ID to design your living room in such a way that a ceiling fan will add extra favour to the theme :notti:

Anyway, from what I know, KDK is a reliable brand. But they have limited choice for low ceiling fans. Also, their fans don't have light kit.

And yes, Jalan Besar is a good place to shop for ceiling fans. Plan to go there too if I still want to have ceiling fans for my bedrooms.

that's what i think my ID thinks lah. But I think I have to agree with him somewhat, as I also noticed most of the nice ID pictures I saw in ID mags usually do not have ceiling fans. Anyway, since we are going to pay so much for ID, guess we will pass the ceiling fans for the sake of beauty.

We like Kdk too for its quiet and reliable motor. Really pity about the limited designs...

KDK design not really nice... Look like those primary school classrooms lei...

I ended choosing between Fanco and Crestar. The fanco one I wanted is out of stock almost everywhere so in the end got a crestar 54" + regulator. Think it cost me $220.

I ended choosing between Fanco and Crestar. The fanco one I wanted is out of stock almost everywhere so in the end got a crestar 54" + regulator. Think it cost me $220.

yeah.. they look very basic.

how are fanco and crestar? have you used these brands before? are these made in Taiwan too?

Maybe not all Amasco is like that, but becos of my personal experience, i prefer not to buy Amasco again.

Thanks. I din buy Amasco, except the regulators. Think regulators no prob.

while i know regulators are chargeable, i tot ceiling fans come with free installation? i dun remember paying any installation fees previously leh...

Isst??? I've asked salesman at palace of lights and he told no concept of free installation. If some shops offer, then the cost may be hidden in the fan.

Others, Please share your exp.

how are fanco and crestar? have you used these brands before? are these made in Taiwan too?

Fanco and crester have limited models unlike Elmark. I was told dat crester costs more because of design elegance and simplicity. Me din like design of Crester.

Thanks. I din buy Amasco, except the regulators. Think regulators no prob.

Isst??? I've asked salesman at palace of lights and he told no concept of free installation. If some shops offer, then the cost may be hidden in the fan.

Others, Please share your exp.

Fanco and crester have limited models unlike Elmark. I was told dat crester costs more because of design elegance and simplicity. Me din like design of Crester.

I am not sure if the installation fee was included in the price. We paid $258 for a Elmark fan. Chances are I dun think it includes the installation fee since the price is considered low. But then again, we could have gotten the electrician who did our wiring to do the installaion. Can't be clear about this as it is 5 years ago liao...

Hi MeToo,

Just to share...

I have just bot my ceiling fans today from Brigtht House Lighting located at AMK Blk 712 ( I found out about this shop thru a flyer in my mailbox).

The items are:

1 x 42" KDK (comes with remote control and w/o lighting) @ $248

2 x 52" Elmark (lastest model with acrylic blades, and without lighting kit) @ $288

Total I have paid after disc is $800, with Free Installation, and GST waived!

I supposed I am getting an ok deal here, although it is not as good as yours. :)

Edited by loli

I've had a ceiling fan in my room and living room for TEN years and nothing horrible has befallen me yet.

thinking of installing them in all bedrooms except for the living room cos my ID said it would "lower" the interior design.

A lot of IDs say that but you have to think about it - is it your home or a showflat? We live in Singapore. It WILL be hot and humid. If you do not install a fan just so that you don't want to "lower" the ID look (which is a whole lot of BS anyway), that's quite silly, isn't it? And as mentioned by yokine9a, there are lots of fans out there who look nice. If you don't want to spoil the look, use a PLAIN WHITE SIMPLE fan with no lights, etc. It will just blend into the white ceiling. My point is, don't be swayed by what your ID tells you because ultimately, it is YOUR house and YOU have to make that decision. They can only advise.

HI,

Can i know where did you buy your crestar fan? $200 with regulator is a good deal. Can you pm your contact? What is the model you have bought? Email: Hendrixliang@hotmail.com

yeah.. they look very basic.

basic oso very nice leh. de cheapest thing i wanna get for my house have gotto be this old sch fan:

LMD15GM.jpg

so clean n sleek :dancingqueen: