Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
weixiaobao

Shopping For Furnitures In Malaysia

hi weixiaobao! are these furniture shops clustered in the same area in JB? am thinking to drive in to look-see oso. hope can find some good bargains inside. :D

but if they r somewhat scattered, then i'll need to plan the route and time carefully.

Actually its my uncle who drove me ard.. but its at jalan molek that area.. got a few furniture shops.

But their showroom is pretty hot cos their aircon machiam like not working :dunno::dunno:

Btw, I saw exactly similar triangular sidetable at Leads furniture today.. think Leads selling at SGD 299 while Miva selling at 556 RM (abt 258 SGD including GST).

Not much diff hor.. :unsure:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

With the exception of skilled carpenters whom make/produces furnitures in sg locally, almost all of the furniture you see in market are imported from outside. Some are from malaysia also. lol. Not surprising that you will find this or that same model. Its just the price difference. And besides, prices will be different depending on the demand for this and that model actually. See how 'hot' it is or not

With the exception of skilled carpenters whom make/produces furnitures in sg locally, almost all of the furniture you see in market are imported from outside. Some are from malaysia also. lol. Not surprising that you will find this or that same model. Its just the price difference. And besides, prices will be different depending on the demand for this and that model actually. See how 'hot' it is or not

Lolz.. Economics sia.. Demand vs Supply haha..

Anyway saw one sofa that both me and my wife like at Leads Furniture.. haha jialat most prob buy from there..

Cant find in Malaysia... =(

Better don't buy rustica's furniture!!

I brought thier product over RM10000 last year.

& most of the products now already have problem,

& the shelf life less than half year,

they service due to the complain really got problem.

Finally, I know that their product is come from shanghai.

they are china goods but sell Europe price...

better don't buy...

if you don't believe, can go & try.

you must regret.

Better don't buy rustica's furniture!!

I brought thier product over RM10000 last year.

& most of the products now already have problem,

& the shelf life less than half year,

they service due to the complain really got problem.

Finally, I know that their product is come from shanghai.

they are china goods but sell Europe price...

better don't buy...

if you don't believe, can go & try.

you must regret.

Wowww really? Hmm lucky I din buy.. cos dun really like their range (like Lorenzo)

hey also went to rustica last sat

not impressed i must say

anyway for your info

if u wana bring in furniture from JB

price must add transport which is around 200-300Ringgit and must pay extra 300 ringgit for tax

i calculated total was around Rg500

so not worth unless u buy something u can bring it back yourself or get a lorry lor

I've got my furniture from Miva in JB. 1 x 2M L shape sofa, 1 x Coffee table with 2 chairs, 1 x Dining table with 6 chairs. Total plus transport and tax is 3K plus SGD. Would cost me upwards of 5K if i were to get similar items in Singapore and from OM.

Again, the tax levy is dependent on the value of the furniture you bought. This is what I understand.

Secondly if you intend to get most of the furniture from JB required for your place, the total costs is still worth it even more. Because if you calculate the costs spent in sg for the same no of furniture you get in sg will easily be around 10sgd max which will be around the same spent in malaysia except it is in ringgit currency. That is half the price you could get in sg currency for getting most of your furniture from JB. So the tax + transport levy will be calculated based on that value which would still be much more worth it based on the currency exchange rate.

Even if you get a lorry, you will have to pass customs at the sg checkpoint & declare the total value of your furniture on your own which means you will be paying the tax levy in SGD not in RM there besides rental of lorry + fuel costs.

hey also went to rustica last sat

not impressed i must say

anyway for your info

if u wana bring in furniture from JB

price must add transport which is around 200-300Ringgit and must pay extra 300 ringgit for tax

i calculated total was around Rg500

so not worth unless u buy something u can bring it back yourself or get a lorry lor

That sounds a good buy looking at miva's products from their website. :thumbs up:

I've got my furniture from Miva in JB. 1 x 2M L shape sofa, 1 x Coffee table with 2 chairs, 1 x Dining table with 6 chairs. Total plus transport and tax is 3K plus SGD. Would cost me upwards of 5K if i were to get similar items in Singapore and from OM.
Edited by BunBun

Just made some purchase at Miva today. Was surprised with the quality there. I was expecting similar quality like those sales item in Singapore shop. But i was presantly surprised.

3+ 2+1 L-shape sofa, 1 Dining table with 6 chairs (love the thick temper glass top and chrome legs.), 1 King-size bedframe, 1 coffee table. RM$8000. Transport free. LevyRM $100.+ GST. :deal:

I must say they do have quite a few nice designs. Value for money

SImilar sofa in Sinapore would have cost me S$3K. Got it RM$3K.

Dining table-S$2K (4 chairs). Got it RM$2.6K.

BEdframe S$1.2K becomes RM$1.9K

Coffee Table - S$500. Got it RM$500

Delivery early Sept.

I'll try to laod some pics later. Now got to go sleep... :P

Just made some purchase at Miva today. Was surprised with the quality there. I was expecting similar quality like those sales item in Singapore shop. But i was presantly surprised.

3+ 2+1 L-shape sofa, 1 Dining table with 6 chairs (love the thick temper glass top and chrome legs.), 1 King-size bedframe, 1 coffee table. RM$8000. Transport free. LevyRM $100.+ GST. :deal:

I must say they do have quite a few nice designs. Value for money

SImilar sofa in Sinapore would have cost me S$3K. Got it RM$3K.

Dining table-S$2K (4 chairs). Got it RM$2.6K.

BEdframe S$1.2K becomes RM$1.9K

Coffee Table - S$500. Got it RM$500

Delivery early Sept.

I'll try to laod some pics later. Now got to go sleep... :P

I like Miva too.. but end of the day, I still got all my furnitures from different shops in Singapore.. :notti:

Anyway, good buy! Hope the quality is good too :yamseng:

Hi,

For those who had purchased from M'sia, what happen if there are problem with the product ?? How can servicing be done ?

You will have to undertake a certain amount of risk when you buy from M'sia, I have very faint scratches on the dining table but that is a minor inconvenience since the table is going to get more scratches in the near future. As long as there are no major defects like broken glasses or missing legs, I'd reckoned the risk is worth it.

Hi guys, for those of you who bought furniture in malaysia, how did you settle the payment? Did you pay in full? place a small deposit and paid remainder in cash when they send over or? Any bad experiences? Thanks!

Hi guys, for those of you who bought furniture in malaysia, how did you settle the payment? Did you pay in full? place a small deposit and paid remainder in cash when they send over or? Any bad experiences? Thanks!

U place a deposit first. Then when near to delivery date , 1 week or so before delivery, u pay up the remainder. They don't collect $ upon delivery for obvious reason.

My previous purchase was 8 years ago. No problem with it. This time round also buy in JB. Just hope everything ok.

One piece of advice though,. Better to get from bigger and established furniture shop (eg/ MIVA, Rustica, Lorenzo then those small ones). Though u'll never know..

The furniture shop I bought my things from 8 years ago is no longer in business

Happy shopping.. :)