Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Any ID to recommend. Need quotation for my new bto 4 room flat.

Hi P3ppermints.

You can try Chris Siew (97239208)

He did my house renovation about 2yrs ago

A very nice guy and pricing are very reasonable and no any hidden cost. Unlike other quotation that I had recieved.

Hope you can get your right ID. :)

Edited by BurBur

I am currently renovating my house. I was totally clueless 3 months ago which Id to engage. So based on online forum , I shorlisted 3 id, namely, beauxmonde, ideal design and urban design. I have met up with all the id and received their respective quotation. Frankly, the quotation was more or less the same. So I chose based on the rapport I have with the id, and I have eventually chose jim from ideal design.

So far, I would say my Reno has gone on well. Jim is approachable and provides very good service. Frankly I am very flicked minded..I have been changing my ideas along the way. However, Jim has never lost his patience and always has to entertain my requests for change anytime..

He also what's app me pic with progress of my Reno almost daily . My Reno is not easy as I gave him a target completion of 2 months, and I am talking Abu terrace house with major works like walls hacked and addition of toilets and rooms etc.

So far my Reno is still on gg..and I am expecting to move in in early June.

In hindsight, I hv made a very bold move of handing my house to a total stranger with no direct referral..however, I would dare say I have made the right decision to date.

I will post pic of my house when my Reno is completed in June.

Had an appointment with Chris Siew yesterday at this showroom and also saw Ideal Design Interior advertising at mediacorp TV :D

Everything was quite details... Hope to get his quotation soon :D:D:D

Edited by BurBur

I did my home reno with Ideal design back in 2010. I would NOT recommend them to anyone because i feel that their workmanship is extremely shoddy. After 2 years, my tiles is popping up and i have to redo them after just 2 years. All the contractors i contacted to take a look said that they used inferior products thats why the tiles start oppping up after just 2 years. The cabinets currently at my place cannot be closed properly due to bad workmanship. I am very dissappointed with them and would strongly NOT recommend them to anyone.

Pls don't hesitate to call our After Sale Service team @ 68425542 look for Jasmine,From Management of Ideal Design

I did my home reno with Ideal design back in 2010. I would NOT recommend them to anyone because i feel that their workmanship is extremely shoddy. After 2 years, my tiles is popping up and i have to redo them after just 2 years. All the contractors i contacted to take a look said that they used inferior products thats why the tiles start oppping up after just 2 years. The cabinets currently at my place cannot be closed properly due to bad workmanship. I am very dissappointed with them and would strongly NOT recommend them to anyone.

th_CIMG1598.jpg

After experienced renovations twice in the past years,i know what to look out for in home reno now.

1. Reliable and trust worthy firm of at least several works history. Heard of new firms closed shop and all ka put.

2. Related to 1, most likely to have good workers with skills. Good tilers, carpenters, plumbers etc. End result good workmanship.

3. Reasonable price. Best advice learned was to go for mid range, not too cheap(lousy materials) nor too expensive (kena chop)

4. An ID you can relate too, with your concerns and required designs.

i believe in sharing, had recommended my friend who overhaul her ubi house with Ideal too. She is satisfied as well, though some minor touch ups works. Her ID was Yuki? Anyway, may everyone has their dream home comes true, reno once in 10 years time only? Ah the stress, i remember. i also pay untill face blue but i have a home i love.

Hi, can pm me your ID's contact? thanks in advance...

I decided to go down Ideal Design and have a look and much to my disappointment, the ID which I think is a noob spent only 15 minutes with us , never give us name card, kept asking what we want and my husband has to even draw out for him (my husband was very tempted to walk out). Ridiculous! Totally not interested. Other ID firms spent a good 1-2 hours with us advising us but this person did not even put in the least effect that we cant even trust him to buy a sofa for us! I wondered if it was time for him to go home (office hours was stated 8pm and we went at 7.30pm) but in the SMS he told us it was ok to go down. So disappointed.