Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Meiling

I'm also starting my reno and my ID is Irene. So far we are in our 1st orientation visit and we will be seeing the electrician, aircon and carpentry guys next week.

Feedback on Irene still good impression. She is quite reponsive though perhaps ideas not as creative as Dave. Our design idea was by Dave but drawings and project will be managed by Irene.

Will be starting a blog soon. If Irene turns out to be as what was recommended by some here, I will definitely sing her praises. Haha...wish us luck!

Irene? I hope whatever she showed you in the layout is what you get. Not as creative as Dave? Can I use "creative" to describe her? If I used the word "creative" to describe her would be insulting all the IDs in Singapore. Even a contractor is way better than her. She never cracked her brains to think at all.

The 1st meetup with her was simply a waste of time. I had some strict requirements to follow due to consultation with geomancer. She kept saying "bo bian since you consult feng shui, then design has to be ugly", "Your layout too small, bo bian, got to leave with the small space and ugly design". Come on, isn't a ID supposed to solve this? If she is expecting me to propose a solution for her, then why must I engage her? Then she proceeded to ask me how the other IDs design. Why must I tell her?

Good luck to those who engage her.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Yoko

Reno is just about done...touchup is next week then handover already. Finally!

Abit Sianz? Haha...you will get to know her better along the way. Irene is quite jovial really... :-)

So far Irene has taken care of our project quite well. She is quite responsible in following up on our requests and giving updates on the progress of the reno.

Hi,

Can show me some of the pics of yr hse? thanks.. :)

Just for viewing nia.. c gd a nt.. hehe

Hi Skyren,

Hows yr reno going on? Irene ok? she look a bit sianz when we are discussing the floor plan... but she provide very practical point of view on the layout.. which is gd. :)

Hi Yoko

Reno is just about done...touchup is next week then handover already. Finally!

Abit Sianz? Haha...you will get to know her better along the way. Irene is quite jovial really... :-)

So far Irene has taken care of our project quite well. She is quite responsible in following up on our requests and giving updates on the progress of the reno.

Hi Meiling

I'm also starting my reno and my ID is Irene. So far we are in our 1st orientation visit and we will be seeing the electrician, aircon and carpentry guys next week.

Feedback on Irene still good impression. She is quite reponsive though perhaps ideas not as creative as Dave. Our design idea was by Dave but drawings and project will be managed by Irene.

Will be starting a blog soon. If Irene turns out to be as what was recommended by some here, I will definitely sing her praises. Haha...wish us luck!

Hi Skyren,

Hows yr reno going on? Irene ok? she look a bit sianz when we are discussing the floor plan... but she provide very practical point of view on the layout.. which is gd. :)

glad to hear, dave is the man! :D live in our house for about 1/2 year liao and no regrets - he still gives me good advice and help even after this long.

wow cool! haha now n then also call him for info n feedback.. haha sometimes paiseh to keep calling him.. cos memory not good.. always miss out wat i wan to say cos conversation always chop chop.. then end up calling him a few times.. :sport-smiley-004:

My dream plc is in the middle of reno too. ID is Dave. Nice n very frank guy. Glad to have get him as our ID. So far have been a good experience liaising with him. Can't wait to see the end product by him. :dancingqueen:

glad to hear, dave is the man! :D live in our house for about 1/2 year liao and no regrets - he still gives me good advice and help even after this long.

My dream plc is in the middle of reno too. ID is Dave. Nice n very frank guy. Glad to have get him as our ID. So far have been a good experience liaising with him. Can't wait to see the end product by him. :dancingqueen:

Thanks Skyryen for your inputs.

Ya, also agrees that she do not seems as creative but we were quite comfortable with her and most importantly, the quote :yamseng: We have shortlisted 3 ID firms and intend to decide on which ID firms to engage by next week. Tough decisions. hehe.

Yeah, know what you mean. We also went thru at least 5 ID and 2 contractors before settling on IntraDesign. Some ID did not even come back to us with their quotes hence we dropped them straight.

Also we reckon that we are paying for "assurance" that things will turn out well based on the positive reviews here. I also interviewed a customer I met at their office just to sound out her experience. She gave good feedback and the customer recommended IntraDesign too. In fact, this customer is coming back for her 2nd house reno. So this means IntraDesign did a good job first time round.

Overall, it was their design was what won us over even though their quote was highest. They gave us what the others could not have come up with. Most importantly, we got good vibes from Dave and Irene.

That's the reasons why we made the decision to engage them.

Now its up to Irene and her color/design sense and her management skills liao!

I will share pics in my blog when reno kick starts.

PS: She is also a Man U fan haha. Though we not staying in JW but I'm hoping she will be generous in giving us what we wanted for our kitchen based on "kam cheng" and good faith/karma/fate in handling our project! *hint hint* *wink wink*

:-)

Hi Meiling

Thanks Skyryen for your inputs.

Ya, also agrees that she do not seems as creative but we were quite comfortable with her and most importantly, the quote :unsure: We have shortlisted 3 ID firms and intend to decide on which ID firms to engage by next week. Tough decisions. hehe.

Edited by MeiLing

Hi, I am currently on the final stage of negotiation and my ID is Irene. Anyone used her service before and can pm me your experience? Thanks

Also, there seems to be some negative comments on the tiling workmanship, like grout turned dirty easily after 2 months use. Appreciate if anyone can share your experience with me on that.

Thanks

Hi Meiling

Edited by skyryen

so good ... at least you got response from her.

I waited and waited .. no news from her at all.

going to :yamseng: her

erm... if u really keen on intra u can bug her thats what did when i didnt get any response :sport-smiley-004:

Hi, I am currently on the final stage of negotiation and my ID is Irene. Anyone used her service before and can pm me your experience? Thanks

Also, there seems to be some negative comments on the tiling workmanship, like grout turned dirty easily after 2 months use. Appreciate if anyone can share your experience with me on that.

Thanks

Yo bro, thanks for the well wishes! Glad to see your house is internationally admired! We must continue our secret plans for Dave hor :bangwall:

We just had our house warming over the weekend...100 people!! all the comments were good and we're really happy :bangwall:

Still very tired from the whole event...zzz nowadays we also just want to go home and rest.

hi skyryen, welcome to the thread :bangwall:

We treated the $500 like a confirmation once we negotiated the costing, they would probably ask you only if everything is pretty settled - coz I didn't want to come down again just to do it also.

What I think is that whether they give you the drawings before or after depends on their schedule and sometimes they may be too busy to do it first. For me, my main concern wasn't really the drawing but more of someone reliable who I can depend on...drawing can easily change if not happy and worse case just refund if not happy lor :)

hope this helps!

Looks like I'll be joining the club... :bangwall:

Hopefully my reno experience will be smooth sailing.

hi sharpion, hope things going on with u bro.... !! cheers

Yo bro, thanks for the well wishes! Glad to see your house is internationally admired! We must continue our secret plans for Dave hor :yamseng:

We just had our house warming over the weekend...100 people!! all the comments were good and we're really happy :yamseng:

Still very tired from the whole event...zzz nowadays we also just want to go home and rest.

Hi guys

Just to share my humble newbie experience.

Does Intradesign really offer drawings FOC? Cos I was asked to put down a $500 'refundable' deposit first before they start drawing. Maybe new business policy :)

Appreciate your advice.

;-)

hi skyryen, welcome to the thread :dribble:

We treated the $500 like a confirmation once we negotiated the costing, they would probably ask you only if everything is pretty settled - coz I didn't want to come down again just to do it also.

What I think is that whether they give you the drawings before or after depends on their schedule and sometimes they may be too busy to do it first. For me, my main concern wasn't really the drawing but more of someone reliable who I can depend on...drawing can easily change if not happy and worse case just refund if not happy lor :dribble:

hope this helps!