Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Any complain about defong installation work and material give like false ceiling, wardrobe for kitchen and bedroom, tiles?

Any complain about defong installation work and material give like false ceiling, wardrobe for kitchen and bedroom, tiles?

Is being sometime since my flat (YISHUN JADESPRING) is done.

Being busy with work. Had try to upload som pic but don know how....

Here, i thank u Mr Kelvin and his contractors for their works.... though got some hiccups but still he made efforts to retify.

Overall, the work is 8/10, 9/10 on personal and prompt service. So far so good as i had not shifted in as there are still things to MOVE..

No regrets on choosing DeFong on my FIRST NEW FLAT and FIRST TIME RENOVATION EXPERIENCE thru this forum.

Wish all have a HAPPY renov!

Those reading this forum and deciding to engage Defong... Please beware. I had a very bad experience. Caused me and my wife to quarrel every time we talk about the house. I chose defong because they give the lowest quote but there is a price to pay...

Those reading this forum and deciding to engage Defong... Please beware. I had a very bad experience. Caused me and my wife to quarrel every time we talk about the house. I chose defong because they give the lowest quote but there is a price to pay...

hi I also had bad experience with them, had posted in this page of the thread, what's the causes of conflict for ur case? with so many complaints, ppl wanna engage them muz beware.

Edited by mrwesley

I dunno what happened to my comments/complaints about Defong in this thread, it's all gone, those who saw what I wrote should remember the lengthy post, could the moderator assist to see what happened?

I did my reno with them also.

Honestly they are cheap. But being an ID means that you have got to have the ideas and also the coordination skills.

Sad to say, they don't possess the very basics.

My reno was dragged past for more than 1 month needless to say what the impact was.

I am doing my 2nd reno now but I won't be going for them even though they are cheap. I learnt my lesson

SHortlisted Defong's Jeremy based on the general good comments on them. We are looking for a contractor to do exactly want we want hence it doesn't really matter if he has ideas or designs or not. We need someone who can provide practical advises when we present our ideas to him. We will be presenting him our handwritten 3D designs (My hubby can draw lol) and ask him to do accordingly if we decided to get him. Our first impresson of him is that he is a super experienced and very down to earth guy! Whenever we present an idea to him, he will provide advises such as the pro and cons and whether it is practical. We were quite impressed by a point which he had pointed out to us, an idea we wanted which may pose potential hazard to us. No contractor or id has noticed this so far. Now our only concern is workmanship since quality should be similar across the board since all contractors are using plywood and laminates. So far all reviews are positive on the workmanship aspects, anything that I should know, please advise. Waitng for his quotation now, will compare it with another highly recommended contractor's quote :)

My mum's hse kitchen was done by Defong few years back...we were very disappointed with the workmanship...the cabinet was not even and some doors are not able to close properly and some are even like falling off. They use PRC workers which I don't know is it the main cause. We were very disappointment thats all I can say...

Am new here... well, not entirely as I have been a lurker in Renotalk for the past months while my home was undergoing reno by DeFong, by ID Kevin. When I came upon this thread, I was quite taken aback by the mixed comments.

I moved into my three-room unit in Kallang on 30 Dec and have been living in my new place for the past month :)) Have desisted from posting for a while as I wanted to walk my talk.

Personally, my reno journey with DeFong was pleasant and satisfactory. As a consumer and rather kan cheong reno newbie, I needed an ID that was reachable to throw ideas at randomly. Kevin was accessible enough for me to do that. Price wise, as I was on an impossibly tight budget, the company was amenable to negotiations and payment structures that met my budget needs.

Overall workmanship for the different aspects of my house, from painting to plumbing to electrical to built-in wardrobe and kitchen cabinet was generally good. Family members and friends who have seen them and have themselves undergone renos gave these their stamps of approval. Personally, I am impressed by the level of workmanship for my floor and wall tiles. I have seen the tiler at work and I can attest to his meticulous attention to every detail of the tile laying process.

To qualify, the above are just MY personal opinions on my own reno journey with DeFong. I felt that since I have gleaned so much from Renotalk these past months, I wanted to contribute a piece to help others who may be facing tough decisions at the start of their own reno journeys. Apologies as I really do not know how to upload pre and post reno pics. Kevin has my house's pics, if it helps.

Hi All,

I am new here too but had been reading tis forum since last Nov when I purchased my 3 room tpy flat. But yet to reno cos hav not sold my flat . Like many of u here, I read many many pages of photos, raves and complaints. Got hold of 5 id company to quote that was highly recommended from tis forum. THen copied one of the T-blog quotation, similar to wat i wish to do for my house with some modifications.

Finally shortlisted 3 id...and made some comparison...and selected Kevin Tan from Defong on 21st feb.

Some gd reasons why Kevin...1st, his quote is the best...2nd, his response is the fastest....3rd, comm wise, felt most at ease...4th, his expertise in giving advice and ideas.

Kevin is a nice young lad and is not stingy in giving me ideas and colors selection for my house...9yrs bk, I enaged a late 40s id for my old house, he was v conservative and jus follow to wat I say and dare not gif advice...he said he was scared of getting scolded if choose wrong colour/tiles/theme for me...I had to choose every single thing which i felt non-interesting...

My hb clicked wif Kevin v well cos both r bold in colors and open to new ideas...me old lady le...so everything woody color le...glad that my hb came in to gif some ideas too.

Till today, everything is smooth and sound le...esp Kevin is a gd problem solver and will respond to my many phone calls and smses...whenever I had a single bit of query...he will be there to clear my doubts.

Hope to update more again.