Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ylucy

Pd Door Price?

Can any of you guys using PD door tell me whats so good about it? I really dont understand, since there is so much problem with the door and service. The price is not cheap as well!? Paying $300+- for these kind of service and product is too much. I will prefer going to Besglas, they are alot better i guess.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I bought the door at 339 from the balestier shop... It's for the toilet... I feel the workmanship is not very good... Maybe will install bi-fold door next time... I will not change the door if the design of the HDB door is ok... Now no choice so just use and see...

The one near to Hafary?

I bought the door at 339 from the balestier shop... It's for the toilet... I feel the workmanship is not very good... Maybe will install bi-fold door next time... I will not change the door if the design of the HDB door is ok... Now no choice so just use and see...

hi

how much is the pd door? for toilet or kitchen. did u get its thru contracter or direct from pd door.

thanks

yeogi

Hi all, I just installed PD door today... But I found the door has a tack tack sound when opening and closing of door... I wan to ask izzit normal??

Hi all, I just installed PD door today... But I found the door has a tack tack sound when opening and closing of door... I wan to ask izzit normal??

hi guys,

anyone bot PD door from http://www.swingslide.com.sg/contactus.html ?

I paid a deposit for my PD door (installed at toliet) and on the day of installation, they actually realise that they manufacture it wrongly!

And the installer told me that my sales guy would call me to reschedule. For two days, I tried to contact him but to no avail until I called his co number.

And it feel as if he's just trying to brush me aside and he just tell me he'll schedule another installation date for me and would call me back, but i insisted on having a certain installation date. His after sales service is not very impressive. Sigh, I hope that this time round, the right door would arrive and installation is smooth.....very worried they burst my water pipes like what some shared here.... :o

just to share.. went to PD Door at Eunos earlier

the PD door at $299 is just the basic acrylic one and subjected to GST

GST is waived should you make full payment upfront

however, this price applies ONLY to door areas NO WIDER than 800mm

so if yours is a new flat, chances are it is wider so as to facilitate wheelchair movement

the indicative price for a door 900mm wide is $449 (can choose acrylic or glass)

it is safe to buy from Eunos branch? i think i got to think twice before buying from PDdoors..... :(

just to share.. went to PD Door at Eunos earlier

the PD door at $299 is just the basic acrylic one and subjected to GST

GST is waived should you make full payment upfront

however, this price applies ONLY to door areas NO WIDER than 800mm

so if yours is a new flat, chances are it is wider so as to facilitate wheelchair movement

the indicative price for a door 900mm wide is $449 (can choose acrylic or glass)

from the recent reviews on that PDoor seller, looks like he doesn't deserve any of our customers' money. I wanted to buy PDoors for both my newly renovated bathrooms. After reading the posts, i rather go for bi-fold.

worst thing to experience in reno is lousy customer svc. can anyone PM me or post the name of the shop here? so that other bros and siss wont step into that ****ty store.

I had the worst possible experience with PD DOOR.

During installation, they damaged my bathroom wall tile when they drilled into a water pipe and it burst, it was a mess. Then they left the job undone and wanted my contractor to deal with it.

I felt that it shouldn't be the responsibility of my contractor and that PD Door should fix it up and complete the installation. So I took the matter up with them.

It took a WHOLE WEEK before they would even talk to us. During which time, I had to turn off the water main and delay moving into our new home.

And this is not even the worst part yet.

We ended up dealing with a man, known only as MR LIM, who is suppose to be the boss. We told him calmly that PD Door has to bear the cost of repairing my bathroom wall and water pipe since it was their installation that damaged it. That was when he became really agitated and aggressive. He kept saying he is not responsible for any damage. When we threatened with Small Claims and said we wouldn't recommend them to anyone, that’s when he became really abusive and threatened to harm my family. We were SHOCKED! How could he treat customers like that and he said he will “service” me if I have the guts to meet him.

When Mr Lim arrived at our place (he looks about 50+ years old), he was already very agitated. I tried to explain to him calmly again about the damage, but for some reason he took great offence and refused to reason with us. He raised his umbrella, pointed it in my face and threatened me while hurling hokkien vulgarities. He said if we were to take any action against him or his company, he will personally disturb our peace. He also admitted that he is a gangster and we better watch out.

There was no point carrying on with this Mr Lim so we told him to leave and went on to make a POLICE REPORT.

In the end, we paid for the damage that THEY created and decided it's not worth dealing with PD DOOR ever!

Shocking but true.

that sounds really bad. Is the PD Door the one from Balestier or Eunos?

Just wana share my experience with the PDdoor company in Balestier. Super bad service! The uncle name is Chris :fire:

Do take note that there is actually pddoor.com (Eunos) and pddoor.com.sg (Balestier)

I called up Eunos one to enquire and she said they are the main distributor and the Balestier one is the retailer. Personally I find price wise not much diff, Balestier will mark up a little bit but considering service wise, I regretted buying my 2 toilets PDdoors from them.

Attitude sucks to the core. He is more like the 奸人 kinda style, "nods nods ya ya ya" don't listen to what you say/ask. Just cut you and blabbler on. Totally insincere attitude. Ask for my hubby name and when he spells for him, the uncle don't pay attention and scribbled something else. Then ask for what?!

Tell him we are in a rush to get our house ready, so need deliver asap. He gives that "but we all very busy leh, schedule ALL PACKED" Super yaya. He has that kinda 'take it or leave it' attitude. If that day I have known I've gotten the wrong shop, I would have left str8 away!

Installation of the doors to be done tmr.. Can only hope nothing wrong with the doors or their installation service

Pls. Go to the distributor better. Spare yourself the agony of bad service. :angry:

I had the worst possible experience with PD DOOR.

During installation, they damaged my bathroom wall tile when they drilled into a water pipe and it burst, it was a mess. Then they left the job undone and wanted my contractor to deal with it.

I felt that it shouldn't be the responsibility of my contractor and that PD Door should fix it up and complete the installation. So I took the matter up with them.

It took a WHOLE WEEK before they would even talk to us. During which time, I had to turn off the water main and delay moving into our new home.

And this is not even the worst part yet.

We ended up dealing with a man, known only as MR LIM, who is suppose to be the boss. We told him calmly that PD Door has to bear the cost of repairing my bathroom wall and water pipe since it was their installation that damaged it. That was when he became really agitated and aggressive. He kept saying he is not responsible for any damage. When we threatened with Small Claims and said we wouldn't recommend them to anyone, that’s when he became really abusive and threatened to harm my family. We were SHOCKED! How could he treat customers like that and he said he will “service” me if I have the guts to meet him.

When Mr Lim arrived at our place (he looks about 50+ years old), he was already very agitated. I tried to explain to him calmly again about the damage, but for some reason he took great offence and refused to reason with us. He raised his umbrella, pointed it in my face and threatened me while hurling hokkien vulgarities. He said if we were to take any action against him or his company, he will personally disturb our peace. He also admitted that he is a gangster and we better watch out.

There was no point carrying on with this Mr Lim so we told him to leave and went on to make a POLICE REPORT.

In the end, we paid for the damage that THEY created and decided it's not worth dealing with PD DOOR ever!

Shocking but true.

I am strongly agreed with u. The service provided by them is very lousy and no customer service. I brought a PD door from them and they installed it wrongly. I called up and was blame by the staff who **** me for giving a wrong statement.

Here's my unpleasant experience with PD Door and the store in Balestier Road.

I'd installed my PD door for my kitchen entrance Oct'08. So it's about 1 year 5 months old.

It's only used once a week and don't get into contact with any water at all. Hood and hob is quite far away too, so will have very little effect on the door.

Sadly, the quality of the parts are much left to be desired. The plastic pieces started disintegrating and was falling bits and pieces over the last week or so.

The bottom piece of plastic that holds the 2 sliding door has "dropped down" as the inside plastic (where the screw holds the plastic) cracked and broke off too.

I went down to Balestier 2x over the last week and bought the spare parts to fix it myself. The sales people there were super inpatient and couldn't even spare 2 mins to explain it to you properly. They make it sound so easy to change the parts and make you feel like an idiot if you don't know how to do it. It was like "take this screw out... slide this metal out and you'll see the other screws... blah blah blah... " Couldn't even bother to listen to my questions but just went on and on about what they want to say only..... Utter rubbish service.

Went home to try and figure it out and managed to fix the top part (with some self adjustments needed) but the fit was very tight. It need a lot more strength to "click" the door into position after I'd put in the new parts. Never mind, thought I'll go down and ask them. Next, I tried fixing the bottom part but couldn't get out the plastic piece as my door is flushed with the floor. I went back to the shop the next day to ask about the top and it's very tight fit and the lady who sits behind the table, simply answered..... "cannot be... you must have installed it wrongly!!! WTF!! The whole thing is installed and working just that the fit is tight!!" I was trying to explain to her what I did and try to see if I got any steps wrong but she was super super super inpatient and simply brushed me aside saying " what is it that you're exactly asking for now???? " Never mind.....

I went on to ask about the bottom and how to get that plastic piece out.... again she went on to describe how to get it out and that the plastic part will automatically drop down... but when I told her that my door is flushed to the ground... she simply stood up and say.. "well then... then you have no choice but to get our technicians to go down and service the door" WTF again!!!

My advise to those who are thinking of getting PD door, make sure that you know what you're buying into when you sign up for it. The parts don't last and be prepared to change it often. Only saving grace is that they retail the parts cheap at $2 per set. Great if you're able to do do the servicing yourself. Otherwise, for doors that are flushed to the ground and have problems with the bottom piece of plastic, you'll need to get their service person to come down everytime it breaks.

Oh yes... and be prepared for impatient service too.. It's all part of the package..

Maybe can check with pd door distributor (Eunos) for the pricing? Can get from them directly if it is much cheaper than what your ID quote you. Can always tell him you don't want to get pd door from him.

got mine @ $308 nett each at balestier as i change the lock.

mtoilet02.jpg

ctoilet03.jpg

apparently was told by one of the installer that the balestier shop belongs to the son..

Edited by momo13