Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ylucy

Pd Door Price?

i was considering to go for a pd door installation for my hdb flat, so i came online to look for the research of this pd door. Seems like there are a lot of problems happened from the consumers. It seems extremely scarry to me. I don't think anyone love bad service. I read the feedback from the consumers here, it was such suffering. I have no idea why should i go for a 'not-cheap', bad servicing, product might malfunction easily.... company. I also like to bless all the people here. Wish u guys have a great reno session but not pay for suffering bad servicing. :thumbs up:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I just had an extremely bad experience with them, and its not just one time but many!! up till now my problem is still not resolved and although the door was installed, it was done so badly and till now i still cannot believe such bad service can come from a seemed reputable company. I showed the pictures to a few friends and they cdn't believe the extremely poor workmanship either.

I am not sure if i want to go thru what happened as there were so many bad encountances, makes me fume. As its not just lousy installation, no response from the sales (after making payment, he no longer picks up my call. i only get to talk to him unless he wanted to talk to me), but also bad attitude from the installer. Can you imagine the installer can suddenly disappear after they installed the door?

Luckily, there was still one staff from the main office who is still responsive. So now waiting for her to do their internal 'investigation' and to update me later how they intend to fix the problem. so lets wait and see.

Anyway, the door itself seemed ok, it does slide and swing as shown in their video on the website. However, considering the price (>$400), and the quality of the door (its basically just metal/alumnium look alike frame, and depending on what design u choose, they just change the insides with different laminates and/or glass), its just not worth it. For toilet door maybe, but definitely not presentable enough for bedroom doors. In fact, the sales intially told me it will be acrylic as I was worried that glass might shatter when the door slams (as my house is very windy), but turned out to be glass when the door came. How i know it was glass? The glass window broke on the day of installation and they had to send it back and arranged for another day to install. They only discovered this after they called and said they were already at my door. The sales claimed that the door was damaged while transporting in the lorry and its an 'accident' and the glass will definitely not break when the door slams. I wanted to change to acrylic but it seemed that by the time he called me, the door was already fixed with glass, and he assured me that the door will be so good and the glass will not break unless i hit it with a sharp object.

so again..let's wait and see.

ps: luckily i had only ordered one door from them, i was coaxed by the sales to replace my whole house initially but because the door price jumped from $200++ as claimed from website to $400++, i decided to install one door and see how. so its a blessing in disguise i guess. :)

i recently installed my PD Doors for both MBR & Common toliets. Purchased them from EastPlan21 in Balestier @ $449 nett.

According to the SA, they have different grades and pricing for their doors, ranging from $299 for the most basic standard one and only comes in acrylic and standard design, the next variant would be at $349 and $399 which gives you a selection of choice of colours for aluminum frame as well as materials like glass panels (sand-blasted or clear) and wood laminates. the main difference between $399 and $449 is the use of a more sturdy door frame for the most exp variant.

MBR Toliet

Image00340.jpg

Image00339.jpg

Common Toliet

Image00343.jpg

Image00344.jpg

installation was quite fast and took about slightly over an hour to install both doors.

Dear all valued customers,

I am posting on behalf of the management of the company, East Plan 21 at Balestier Road. We will like to extend a sincere apology to all who did not have such a pleasant experience engaging our service or purchasing our products. We find genuine feedbacks of extreme value to our company, regardless good or bad. It is only through feedbacks that we are able to improve our services and products. So a thank you for all the feedbacks.

Our sales staff are assessed monthly on their customer services and product knowledge. Since receiving such feedbacks, we have stepped up assessment to bi-monthly for all sales staff. Verbal warning was given to the staff mentioned in above threads.

<!--quoteo(post=439823:date=Aug 17 2009, 04:28 PM:name=loobhlinda)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (loobhlinda @ Aug 17 2009, 04:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=439823"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->my PD doors were installed more than a yr ago, after 1 yr no warranty. Many parts cracked and started to drop. Even though the parts cost $2, it's not easy for me to fix, they charged $50 for transportation to come & fix<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Also, since receiving feedbacks on our service fees, we have since adjusted it to $38 (on-site). We hope "loobhlinda" can contact us again to resolve her servicing issues.

<!--quoteo(post=440225:date=Aug 18 2009, 09:10 PM:name=frustrated!)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (frustrated! @ Aug 18 2009, 09:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=440225"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I am strongly agreed with u. The service provided by them is very lousy and no customer service. I brought a PD door from them and they installed it wrongly. I called up and was blame by the staff who **** me for giving a wrong statement.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lastly as for "frustrated", we hope to work out some compromise or agreement with you. We also wish for you to have your desired product installed at your place. Please do contact me. Yuda (tel no. PM)

Thank you.

Management

EAST PLAN 21

What's so good for PD door? Do they have a patent right?

I had not used besglas doors before but I ordered their alumix wardrobe system. I personally like their service very much :thumbs up:

I am considering to do PD door for my walk in wardrobe. May I know if it is ok to install on partition wall? I also ordered if the wind is strong, does the door gets banged n flipped open?

i think for PD door the $299 range look kinds of cheapo and flimsy, i would rather choose the $399 range where the frame slightly thicker.

Never heard of Besglas before, any review????

i was quoted 499 for the stronger frame door ... how come yours is 399?

hmz ..

maybe normal veneer door better... heard about an ID talking about PD door... i don't know but i may be old fashioned. i like my door 1 piece, hehe.

i think for PD door the $299 range look kinds of cheapo and flimsy, i would rather choose the $399 range where the frame slightly thicker.

Never heard of Besglas before, any review????