•      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Renovator: Renovation Budget:

Photo

Aircon Price And Which Brand Of Aircon Are Good?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 ckleo63

ckleo63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:01 PM

Hi all, I have a question to ask u guys.

Do you know Mitsubishi Aircon Brand: (Inverter for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries model: SKM28) selling how much in the market for System 3 (3 Rooms)?

I have been to IMM and they quote Inverter for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries model: SKM28 at the price of $2400, is it expensive?

And which brand of Aircon are good for surrounding air and not expensive?

Please share with me.

Thank you.

#2 starjoy

starjoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:36 AM

im looking for aircon for my hse and unsure what brand to buy.. anyone can recommend? im using sanyo at home but feel that it is quite noisy.. its only around 3 yrs old.. panasonic is quite cheap in market now.. is it good? can someone advise? thanks!

#3 four13r

four13r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:15 AM

Mitsubishi's model that's advertise by Jack Neo is quite good. Actually there is another one with IR sensor to prevent too cold on feet. Just look at their standard brochure should have. At Expo show few weeks ago, I checked that they sell at around 3,300 for system 4 (Jack Neo's model) and 3,500 for system 4 (with 3 FCU with IR sensor). There will be another show this week or next, you can check them out. I haven't compared with Gain City or other stores.

#4 swift

swift

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (four13r @ Apr 28 2009, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mitsubishi's model that's advertise by Jack Neo is quite good. Actually there is another one with IR sensor to prevent too cold on feet. Just look at their standard brochure should have. At Expo show few weeks ago, I checked that they sell at around 3,300 for system 4 (Jack Neo's model) and 3,500 for system 4 (with 3 FCU with IR sensor). There will be another show this week or next, you can check them out. I haven't compared with Gain City or other stores.

Me juz wonder... How much was Jack paid for the advertisement??
Seems like an extensive advertisement... Seeing him everywhere... On TV, Taxis, etc...
Ultimately, all these cost of advertising... was it eventually relayed to consumers??
Are we (as consumers) paying a higher prices, so as to cover Jack's pocket?
Would the aircon been cheaper without all these advertisment? paint.gif

#5 four13r

four13r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (swift @ Apr 28 2009, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me juz wonder... How much was Jack paid for the advertisement??
Seems like an extensive advertisement... Seeing him everywhere... On TV, Taxis, etc...
Ultimately, all these cost of advertising... was it eventually relayed to consumers??
Are we (as consumers) paying a higher prices, so as to cover Jack's pocket?
Would the aircon been cheaper without all these advertisment? paint.gif

According to sellers of AC in expo few weeks ago, they all recommended Toshiba. They said toshiba has poor branding but the compressor unit is still made in Japan. Mitsubishi's compressor is made in Thailand. Daikin's compressor is made in China. They recommend Toshiba > Mitsubishi > Daikin, based on the country that manufacture it. Based on my opinion: features of FCU of Mitsubishi and Daikin are about the same, but Toshiba's is minimal. Quality of compressors are about the same according to sellers... but they prefer Japan's made.. (Maybe they gets higher profit margin for selling Toshiba's?)

#6 ussr

ussr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (four13r @ Apr 28 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to sellers of AC in expo few weeks ago, they all recommended Toshiba. They said toshiba has poor branding but the compressor unit is still made in Japan. Mitsubishi's compressor is made in Thailand. Daikin's compressor is made in China. They recommend Toshiba > Mitsubishi > Daikin, based on the country that manufacture it. Based on my opinion: features of FCU of Mitsubishi and Daikin are about the same, but Toshiba's is minimal. Quality of compressors are about the same according to sellers... but they prefer Japan's made.. (Maybe they gets higher profit margin for selling Toshiba's?)

Hi wont that be related to higher price for parts should it eventually be faulty?

Many times i faced with issues of aircon servicing which claims this is spoilt... that is spoilt... end up pay so much for parts....
(sanyo ac)

#7 donut88

donut88

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (ussr @ May 1 2009, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi wont that be related to higher price for parts should it eventually be faulty?

Many times i faced with issues of aircon servicing which claims this is spoilt... that is spoilt... end up pay so much for parts....
(sanyo ac)

Get Toshiba. I'm using it. Compressor is made in Japan. Singapore's agent is Carrier themselves. So you can be rest assured of its warranty and service.

in fact i experienced Carrier's servicing. they are good and professional.

#8 bellevue18

bellevue18

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:45 AM

My whole house uses Daikin. 12 compressor, 18 FCU. So far no problem. My AC contractor (he did my previous house 10 yrs ago) rec Daikin saying svc and parts is ok.

#9 joschia

joschia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:01 PM

Anyone can advise.....which system 4 aircon is the most energy efficient aircon? Thanks

#10 Marcussy

Marcussy

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:44 PM

I went to gain city, they also recommended Toshiba. The promotor explained to us in detail why it is better:

1. Parts are all made in Japan
2. Price is cheaper
3. Less energy consumption

We look through the specs and indeed, everything seems to point towards Toshiba. The promotor says that if he want an easy sale and more comm, he would have sold us Mitsubishi cos no need to sell at all (due to Jack Neo) and price higher. And he says Daikin is too expensive and not worth it. But he did say that if my falt is those very old flat (>30yrs) and need system 4, then can only go for Mitsubishi (due to the compressor or something, forgot the exact reason). Or if i am staying in condo and just want to change the unit and not the pipe, then also must go for Mitsubishi (cos they are the only one that can do that without changing the entire pipes).

Hope it helps!

#11 sohck

sohck

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:41 AM

We bought the Mitsubishi Starmexx System 3 for $2,800 from my contractor. Please don't call it Jack Neo's because we don't like his face :-(

Like the Starmexx because we can do some of the cleaning ourselves.

Have been using Carrier for the past ten years. Service was good until Carrier was bought over by Toshiba. Now the maintenance guy just come and vacuum the internal units. Refuse to clean the external unit, also refuse to swap units for me (we only turn on aircon at master bedroom, the rest are unused). Feel their standard drop so I have not renewed the contract (second time in 10 years).

The sales guy are all pushing Toshiba. Japan made or not is not so important. When they are paid more commission on another brand/model, they will tell you other reasons.

#12 Perfect

Perfect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:16 PM

Am doing some research on which aircon to go, just curious why nobody go for Fujitsu??

Anybody has any experience with it?

#13 mayseem

mayseem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:39 PM

I was at Gain City Marina and this sales gentleman took time to explain to me the different type and brand of aircon. He mentioned Mitsubishi Electric Starmex is more expensive because of Mr Neo. The other Mitsubishi is actually Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, which is actually a totally different company from Mitsubishi Electric (Mr Neo’s endorsement). Both may eventually be under the same parent company in Japan, but as far as he is aware, they are separate entities in Singapore! This is so interesting to me! biggrin.gif

I asked for his recommendation and he actually recommended Hitachi to me and didn't mention Toshiba at all. I was skeptical because Hitachi is not well known for aircon in Singapore. Or is it? The more he explained, the more interested I became.

Stressed now. Anyone can help me?

#14 boxerfan

boxerfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:54 PM

Toshiba. Would be a bit expensive tho'

#15 maryjane

maryjane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:54 AM

hi,

im looking for non inverter aircon system 3 for my house.
how about LG non inverter?
i was quoted ~$1750 for 2 times installations and class 1 piping.

#16 noobhouse

noobhouse

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:12 PM

went to recee prices for non inverter aircon, was told that from 2011 onwards applicances with <3ticks will not be sold. mitsubishi non inverter also dun have energy saving 3 ticks (i went to website see also only got 2 ticks) & R410A gas type non inverter is new, store dun have. & the difference between the old gas R22 & new gas R410A is only a couple of hundred $$ how true any experts?
unsure.gif unsure.gif
  • skchoo likes this

#17 tazy_mania

tazy_mania

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:16 PM

Bro,

Most inverter should come with R410A refrigerant. It is a new refrigerant that is more enviormental friendly.

R22 refrigerant will be slowly phase out.

I get the info from this website

http://singapore-aircon.blogspot.com/

#18 Muesli

Muesli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:54 PM

I was advised by my aircon service guy to take up Panasonic because unlike other brands they have 2 compressors. Compressors are like the heart of the aircon, if it dies on you, you have to replace the whole outdoor unit. Therefore, with Panasonic, you have two hearts. If one breaks down, there's another back up hence longer lifespan.
But of course, I can be wrong. Maybe the service guy feels that it's easier to clean Panasonic ones. So far, fm my experience, National @ mom's place is lousy (always need servicing, change this and that) Sharp @ work place is super duper noisy but live up to the warranty date and Mitsubishi electric Starmex @ current rented place is cool & noisy at times (maybe too soon to tell, a few mths shy from 3 years)

#19 ngunadi

ngunadi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

Anyone use Panasonic Inverter System 3 CS-S9JKZWx3(CU-3S27JKZ)?

My wife likes it very much because of it's cool design.

But I am looking in terms of feature, durability and price? biggrin.gif

#20 limmike

limmike

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (ngunadi @ Jan 7 2010, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone use Panasonic Inverter System 3 CS-S9JKZWx3(CU-3S27JKZ)?

My wife likes it very much because of it's cool design.

But I am looking in terms of feature, durability and price? biggrin.gif

Hi ngunadi

what's the cost like for these ? Cool design indeed. smile.gif

#21 ngunadi

ngunadi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:12 AM

@limmike, no idea about the exact cost. But when we window shop @ best-denki, the price of system 3 Inverter between Panasonic and Mitsubishi don't differ much (less than $400 difference).

But again, I am not sure about the quality smile.gif

#22 noobhouse

noobhouse

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:58 AM

ok i went gain city check out mitsubishi non inverter system 3 using R410A new gas.

http://www.mitsubish...x...5&Itemid=84

$2,159.00

1 x MUX-3BD23VB (outdoor unit 1:3 indoor units)
Cooling capacity is 6.18kw / 21087 BTU

3 x MS-B10VB (indoor unit) at 2.85kw / 9725 BTU 9+9+9 (actual usage, 8500, 6000 x 2)

16mm (1/4”) drainage pipe (Free)

Upgrade ½” insulation Class 1 (Armaflex) from 3/8" will cost additional
$120

Upgrade to copper Gauge 22 piping from Gauge 23 piping will cost
additional $20 x 3 = $60

Warranty (standard & extended, 1 + 5)

No need bracket

Total: $2,339

gain city guy also mention it's ok if i wana get e one with newer gas only thing is nxt time replacement will be more ex but with more ppl using R410A aircon, shouldn't be a problem.

question: price reasonable? & i called another quote to another guy, forgot to ask which coy he represent, same set, $2,300, if upgrade to 22 gauge copper no extra cost, but he did tell me better to use gauge 23 cause made in thailand whereas 22 made in china, poorer quality. insulation brand is "greenland" local sg made. (is this reliable???)

he also mention those inside house he use foam to insulate, outside like aircon ledge area, he use rubber as it's hot & foam will melt. how true??
so means I must request 2 type of insulation material then?

hope i din confuse u here, i just wana be triple sure before i confirm. from
what i read, gain city workmanship is ok.. anybody got from them latest recently? many thanks for reading.
unsure.gif unsure.gif

#23 DSA

DSA

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (joschia @ Jul 10 2009, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone can advise.....which system 4 aircon is the most energy efficient aircon? Thanks
No one other than NEA can do that, coz no one holds the COP data for all aircon systems imported into Singapore.

#24 ngunadi

ngunadi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

Panasonic Aircon Price from Best Denki (before bargain)

Model: CS-C9JKZW x3 (CU-3C20JKZ)
Inverter System 3 (3x9000 BTU) $3299
Inverter System 3 (2x2000 BTU + 1x12000 BTU) $3399

The sales remarked that Panosonic ones is newer than Mitsubishi ones.
Mitsubishi is easier to clean but some people feedback that because the flaps are removed often, it doesn't fit nicely and would give the flap sounds after sometime.

@joschia In every aircon, they listed down the power being used in a year based on X hrs/day. You can use it to compare.

#25 TimWong

TimWong

Gold Member

• Business Ad Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (ngunadi @ Jan 10 2010, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Panasonic Aircon Price from Best Denki (before bargain)

Model: CS-C9JKZW x3 (CU-3C20JKZ)
Inverter System 3 (3x9000 BTU) $3299
Inverter System 3 (2x2000 BTU + 1x12000 BTU) $3399

The sales remarked that Panosonic ones is newer than Mitsubishi ones.
Mitsubishi is easier to clean but some people feedback that because the flaps are removed often, it doesn't fit nicely and would give the flap sounds after sometime.

@joschia In every aircon, they listed down the power being used in a year based on X hrs/day. You can use it to compare.

Their Panasonic Inverter System 3 (3x9000 BTU) $3299 is expensive. I got this model quoted to me at $2699, $600 different.

Initially considering buying this system but end up buying mitsubishi inverter system 3 biggrin.gif

#26 tazy_mania

tazy_mania

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:42 PM

Best Denki got a promotion on Fujitsu Aircon.

Was given the brochure at IMM.

#27 joyp

joyp

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:53 AM

panasonic is good....quiet and nice design....do buy during weekends to get more freebies....

heard korean brands are not as good....

#28 PAPC

PAPC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (tazy_mania @ Jan 21 2010, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Best Denki got a promotion on Fujitsu Aircon.

Was given the brochure at IMM.

Don't ever get a fujitsu aircon, all the split aircon units turn yellowish by the 2nd year.

Home Planner

Renovator: Renovation Budget: