Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ckleo63

Aircon Price And Which Brand Of Aircon Are Good?

Hi all, I have a question to ask u guys.

Do you know Mitsubishi Aircon Brand: (Inverter for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries model: SKM28) selling how much in the market for System 3 (3 Rooms)?

I have been to IMM and they quote Inverter for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries model: SKM28 at the price of $2400, is it expensive?

And which brand of Aircon are good for surrounding air and not expensive?

Please share with me.

Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

im looking for aircon for my hse and unsure what brand to buy.. anyone can recommend? im using sanyo at home but feel that it is quite noisy.. its only around 3 yrs old.. panasonic is quite cheap in market now.. is it good? can someone advise? thanks!

Mitsubishi's model that's advertise by Jack Neo is quite good. Actually there is another one with IR sensor to prevent too cold on feet. Just look at their standard brochure should have. At Expo show few weeks ago, I checked that they sell at around 3,300 for system 4 (Jack Neo's model) and 3,500 for system 4 (with 3 FCU with IR sensor). There will be another show this week or next, you can check them out. I haven't compared with Gain City or other stores.

Mitsubishi's model that's advertise by Jack Neo is quite good. Actually there is another one with IR sensor to prevent too cold on feet. Just look at their standard brochure should have. At Expo show few weeks ago, I checked that they sell at around 3,300 for system 4 (Jack Neo's model) and 3,500 for system 4 (with 3 FCU with IR sensor). There will be another show this week or next, you can check them out. I haven't compared with Gain City or other stores.

Me juz wonder... How much was Jack paid for the advertisement??

Seems like an extensive advertisement... Seeing him everywhere... On TV, Taxis, etc...

Ultimately, all these cost of advertising... was it eventually relayed to consumers??

Are we (as consumers) paying a higher prices, so as to cover Jack's pocket?

Would the aircon been cheaper without all these advertisment? :paint:

Me juz wonder... How much was Jack paid for the advertisement??

Seems like an extensive advertisement... Seeing him everywhere... On TV, Taxis, etc...

Ultimately, all these cost of advertising... was it eventually relayed to consumers??

Are we (as consumers) paying a higher prices, so as to cover Jack's pocket?

Would the aircon been cheaper without all these advertisment? :paint:

According to sellers of AC in expo few weeks ago, they all recommended Toshiba. They said toshiba has poor branding but the compressor unit is still made in Japan. Mitsubishi's compressor is made in Thailand. Daikin's compressor is made in China. They recommend Toshiba > Mitsubishi > Daikin, based on the country that manufacture it. Based on my opinion: features of FCU of Mitsubishi and Daikin are about the same, but Toshiba's is minimal. Quality of compressors are about the same according to sellers... but they prefer Japan's made.. (Maybe they gets higher profit margin for selling Toshiba's?)

According to sellers of AC in expo few weeks ago, they all recommended Toshiba. They said toshiba has poor branding but the compressor unit is still made in Japan. Mitsubishi's compressor is made in Thailand. Daikin's compressor is made in China. They recommend Toshiba > Mitsubishi > Daikin, based on the country that manufacture it. Based on my opinion: features of FCU of Mitsubishi and Daikin are about the same, but Toshiba's is minimal. Quality of compressors are about the same according to sellers... but they prefer Japan's made.. (Maybe they gets higher profit margin for selling Toshiba's?)

Hi wont that be related to higher price for parts should it eventually be faulty?

Many times i faced with issues of aircon servicing which claims this is spoilt... that is spoilt... end up pay so much for parts....

(sanyo ac)

Hi wont that be related to higher price for parts should it eventually be faulty?

Many times i faced with issues of aircon servicing which claims this is spoilt... that is spoilt... end up pay so much for parts....

(sanyo ac)

Get Toshiba. I'm using it. Compressor is made in Japan. Singapore's agent is Carrier themselves. So you can be rest assured of its warranty and service.

in fact i experienced Carrier's servicing. they are good and professional.

My whole house uses Daikin. 12 compressor, 18 FCU. So far no problem. My AC contractor (he did my previous house 10 yrs ago) rec Daikin saying svc and parts is ok.

I went to gain city, they also recommended Toshiba. The promotor explained to us in detail why it is better:

1. Parts are all made in Japan

2. Price is cheaper

3. Less energy consumption

We look through the specs and indeed, everything seems to point towards Toshiba. The promotor says that if he want an easy sale and more comm, he would have sold us Mitsubishi cos no need to sell at all (due to Jack Neo) and price higher. And he says Daikin is too expensive and not worth it. But he did say that if my falt is those very old flat (>30yrs) and need system 4, then can only go for Mitsubishi (due to the compressor or something, forgot the exact reason). Or if i am staying in condo and just want to change the unit and not the pipe, then also must go for Mitsubishi (cos they are the only one that can do that without changing the entire pipes).

Hope it helps!

We bought the Mitsubishi Starmexx System 3 for $2,800 from my contractor. Please don't call it Jack Neo's because we don't like his face :-(

Like the Starmexx because we can do some of the cleaning ourselves.

Have been using Carrier for the past ten years. Service was good until Carrier was bought over by Toshiba. Now the maintenance guy just come and vacuum the internal units. Refuse to clean the external unit, also refuse to swap units for me (we only turn on aircon at master bedroom, the rest are unused). Feel their standard drop so I have not renewed the contract (second time in 10 years).

The sales guy are all pushing Toshiba. Japan made or not is not so important. When they are paid more commission on another brand/model, they will tell you other reasons.

I was at Gain City Marina and this sales gentleman took time to explain to me the different type and brand of aircon. He mentioned Mitsubishi Electric Starmex is more expensive because of Mr Neo. The other Mitsubishi is actually Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, which is actually a totally different company from Mitsubishi Electric (Mr Neo’s endorsement). Both may eventually be under the same parent company in Japan, but as far as he is aware, they are separate entities in Singapore! This is so interesting to me! :D

I asked for his recommendation and he actually recommended Hitachi to me and didn't mention Toshiba at all. I was skeptical because Hitachi is not well known for aircon in Singapore. Or is it? The more he explained, the more interested I became.

Stressed now. Anyone can help me?