Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ckleo63

Aircon Price And Which Brand Of Aircon Are Good?

went to recee prices for non inverter aircon, was told that from 2011 onwards applicances with <3ticks will not be sold. mitsubishi non inverter also dun have energy saving 3 ticks (i went to website see also only got 2 ticks) & R410A gas type non inverter is new, store dun have. & the difference between the old gas R22 & new gas R410A is only a couple of hundred $$ how true any experts?

:unsure: :unsure:

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I was advised by my aircon service guy to take up Panasonic because unlike other brands they have 2 compressors. Compressors are like the heart of the aircon, if it dies on you, you have to replace the whole outdoor unit. Therefore, with Panasonic, you have two hearts. If one breaks down, there's another back up hence longer lifespan.

But of course, I can be wrong. Maybe the service guy feels that it's easier to clean Panasonic ones. So far, fm my experience, National @ mom's place is lousy (always need servicing, change this and that) Sharp @ work place is super duper noisy but live up to the warranty date and Mitsubishi electric Starmex @ current rented place is cool & noisy at times (maybe too soon to tell, a few mths shy from 3 years)

Anyone use Panasonic Inverter System 3 CS-S9JKZWx3(CU-3S27JKZ)?

My wife likes it very much because of it's cool design.

But I am looking in terms of feature, durability and price? :D

Hi ngunadi

what's the cost like for these ? Cool design indeed. :)

@limmike, no idea about the exact cost. But when we window shop @ best-denki, the price of system 3 Inverter between Panasonic and Mitsubishi don't differ much (less than $400 difference).

But again, I am not sure about the quality :)

ok i went gain city check out mitsubishi non inverter system 3 using R410A new gas.

http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.sg/index...5&Itemid=84

$2,159.00

1 x MUX-3BD23VB (outdoor unit 1:3 indoor units)

Cooling capacity is 6.18kw / 21087 BTU

3 x MS-B10VB (indoor unit) at 2.85kw / 9725 BTU 9+9+9 (actual usage, 8500, 6000 x 2)

16mm (1/4”) drainage pipe (Free)

Upgrade ½” insulation Class 1 (Armaflex) from 3/8" will cost additional

$120

Upgrade to copper Gauge 22 piping from Gauge 23 piping will cost

additional $20 x 3 = $60

Warranty (standard & extended, 1 + 5)

No need bracket

Total: $2,339

gain city guy also mention it's ok if i wana get e one with newer gas only thing is nxt time replacement will be more ex but with more ppl using R410A aircon, shouldn't be a problem.

question: price reasonable? & i called another quote to another guy, forgot to ask which coy he represent, same set, $2,300, if upgrade to 22 gauge copper no extra cost, but he did tell me better to use gauge 23 cause made in thailand whereas 22 made in china, poorer quality. insulation brand is "greenland" local sg made. (is this reliable???)

he also mention those inside house he use foam to insulate, outside like aircon ledge area, he use rubber as it's hot & foam will melt. how true??

so means I must request 2 type of insulation material then?

hope i din confuse u here, i just wana be triple sure before i confirm. from

what i read, gain city workmanship is ok.. anybody got from them latest recently? many thanks for reading. :unsure: :unsure:

Anyone can advise.....which system 4 aircon is the most energy efficient aircon? Thanks
No one other than NEA can do that, coz no one holds the COP data for all aircon systems imported into Singapore.

Panasonic Aircon Price from Best Denki (before bargain)

Model: CS-C9JKZW x3 (CU-3C20JKZ)

Inverter System 3 (3x9000 BTU) $3299

Inverter System 3 (2x2000 BTU + 1x12000 BTU) $3399

The sales remarked that Panosonic ones is newer than Mitsubishi ones.

Mitsubishi is easier to clean but some people feedback that because the flaps are removed often, it doesn't fit nicely and would give the flap sounds after sometime.

@joschia In every aircon, they listed down the power being used in a year based on X hrs/day. You can use it to compare.

panasonic is good....quiet and nice design....do buy during weekends to get more freebies....

heard korean brands are not as good....

Best Denki got a promotion on Fujitsu Aircon.

Was given the brochure at IMM.

Don't ever get a fujitsu aircon, all the split aircon units turn yellowish by the 2nd year.

Hi everyone,

<link removed> offers regular maintenance and servicing for air-conditioners in Singapore. Many households in Singapore actually do not know the importance of regular maintenance for their aircon. It is important to have your air-conditioning being regularly maintained in order to improve the life span of your air-conditioners.

There are many brands in the market currently, however, the common brands are Daikin & Mitsubishi Electric which are popular among households in Singapore.