Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

do quote from Ho Bee, or other ID have the electrical quote? my fren can get the contractor/ID to quote like how much for per scv pt, or how much to re-run the lights, etc etc.

but most id i go to, dont do that leh. is it possible to get the quote? is it better to get them to quote first?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
do quote from Ho Bee, or other ID have the electrical quote? my fren can get the contractor/ID to quote like how much for per scv pt, or how much to re-run the lights, etc etc.

but most id i go to, dont do that leh. is it possible to get the quote? is it better to get them to quote first?

yes patrick do have his own electrician to provide for changing of lighting pts, addtional lighting pts etc... he can give u quote for electrical works dun worry...

I have gotten hobee to do up my grandmahouse's scv......you wont believe how PRO they are.

drill a hole to outside corridor, wiring direct to the scv point outside, patch up, casing ...bla bla bla...

ONLY 15 minutes!!!! !!

they didnt even WASTE a single second, neither did they scratch their head trying to figure out WHERE to do wiring/drilling. they are just TOO PROFESSIONAL.

they will be doing my house 's wirings. :jawdrop:

I guess I have no "yuan fen" with Ho Bee, dropping him from my list because I have a tight schedule & guess he might not be able to fulfil it. And quote took quite long to come in. But he is really a honest guy when I met up with him but guess its the hype that got me with high expectations from him but....

Hi,

So you did not use Ho Bee afterall. Anyway, why that open-ended sentence?

Will be arranging to meet Ah Keong as soon as I get my keys..... Hopefully can start my reno by the last week of this month....

Hi lukecas,

Yah, find that he is not prompt maybe because too popular liao. And mine is small reno so guess it will not impact him at all, that's why he didn't really make effort in quoting me.

I was already decided on letting him do my reno, in the end the quote took so long that I had to rush to get another contractor to quote last min. So I don't want to have a contractor so busy till he no time to talk to me...

So with all the hype generally I had high expectation in the end he did not fulfil it lor.. so disappointed..

Generally speaking, the positive "hype" is that he is a responsible man, not too calculative and good workmanship. However, I think this thread has also highlighted the negative "hype" that it takes some time for him to get back on quotation, we have to follow up with him more proactively and sometimes he is forgetful.

Maybe your requirements need to be conveyed to him when you first met him OR maybe our follow up approach needs to be more proactive OR maybe our high expectation needs to be realistic and manageable.

Yah, find that he is not prompt maybe because too popular liao. And mine is small reno so guess it will not impact him at all, that's why he didn't really make effort in quoting me.

I was already decided on letting him do my reno, in the end the quote took so long that I had to rush to get another contractor to quote last min. So I don't want to have a contractor so busy till he no time to talk to me...

So with all the hype generally I had high expectation in the end he did not fulfil it lor.. so disappointed..

Edited by taichizi

Hi lukecas,

So your reno is well done up and moved in? I just hope that I made the right choice and that the reno can be smooth. Anyway mine is also a small project, the whole reno is < 15K.

So your reno is well done up and moved in? I just hope that I made the right choice and that the reno can be smooth. Anyway mine is also a small project, the whole reno is < 15K.

My reno also a small one. Around < 7k. I think have to not only consider service before and during reno, after service is also impt. I dont find patrick any how quote to me. Ah keong show us the pricing of different types of laminate.

Yah... Agree... So far the services are quite ok. Most importantly is that communication is reasonably good......

As mine is a small project, there is not much design work, thus we decided not to go ID, plus for the same amount of work, ID cost abt 4-5K more.

But so far yet to meet Ah Keong. Hope to start my reno by the last week of Mar.... Can hardly wait for the date!!

Good luck and enjoy reno project! :P

Yah... Agree... So far the services are quite ok. Most importantly is that communication is reasonably good......

As mine is a small project, there is not much design work, thus we decided not to go ID, plus for the same amount of work, ID cost abt 4-5K more.

But so far yet to meet Ah Keong. Hope to start my reno by the last week of Mar.... Can hardly wait for the date!!

Generally speaking, the positive "hype" is that he is a responsible man, not too calculative and good workmanship. However, I think this thread has also highlighted the negative "hype" that it takes some time for him to get back on quotation, we have to follow up with him more proactively and sometimes he is forgetful.

Maybe your requirements need to be conveyed to him when you first met him OR maybe our follow up approach needs to be more proactive OR maybe our high expectation needs to be realistic and manageable.

Hi, yah I know that's why I don't want to say comments about him when this is his company thread but Lukecas lah 8| Ask me why open ended answers...

I understand that when I met up with him that he is a sincere man. But you cannot imagine how many times (3 emails & 3 phonecalls) have I chase him for quote & I told him specifically the day I meet him that I have a tight schedule because IKEA staff is coming to assemble the WIW pole system. And you cannot imagine how frantic :( I was looking for another contractor when kena "tua" by him...

The worst thing is not the delay but he gave me the SAME quote that he emailed me before he view my house! Thats show how he value my businees lor... !!

Many people have raves about him but just that my project is not for him. :o

My reno is lower than yours.... Maybe I "suay" lor :P .. Hee...

Aiyoo.. Haven't even started! :P Because of the delay, now I am rushing the other contractor to apply HDB permit then can start hacking my storeroom... Almost have heart attack going through the process.

Storeberry

Very sorry to hear of your experience. Can i ask u... what did he / mrs quek say when u called to chase for quote? did they explain why they cannot give it to you in time? or were they very rude and just say that they will pass to you soon?

thanks.

storebery

sorry to hear your experience with him.

Maybe i am a lucky one...For me, Patrick respond very good, it took him 2 days to quote me after he came to my place -measure and house condition. In fact, my reno also small project type <13k. I dun even call him or chase for the quote. He came on thursday and email the quote to me on saturday which i never check my email on weekends...something to add, along the way, i change my mind of adding and remove some item..every time i will get back the quotes on next day..

in fact, my project also very "rush hour" type, they starts the reno on 25th Feb and he promise to hand over the house back to me before 24 march..which is less than a month ler...so far the progress is ok..wait until they finish..hope they will do a good job la..

too add....maybe u all can try to ask him to go up to ur place straight to quotes which i think is more pratical as at least he see the house condition and understand what u want to do

hihi..for me i asked 3 contractors to my house to quote..all of them came with smiling and happy faces..talk softly and very nice ..guess they know getting "the" bussiness is not easy..

err 21 projects..average one project 10k........man...210k bussiness :o ..who dun want!:P!!!!

Hi, yah I know that's why I don't want to say comments about him when this is his company thread but Lukecas lah 8| Ask me why open ended answers...

I understand that when I met up with him that he is a sincere man. But you cannot imagine how many times (3 emails & 3 phonecalls) have I chase him for quote & I told him specifically the day I meet him that I have a tight schedule because IKEA staff is coming to assemble the WIW pole system. And you cannot imagine how frantic :help: I was looking for another contractor when kena "tua" by him...

The worst thing is not the delay but he gave me the SAME quote that he emailed me before he view my house! Thats show how he value my businees lor... :notti:

Many people have raves about him but just that my project is not for him. :notti:

My reno is lower than yours.... Maybe I "suay" lor :bleah: .. Hee...

Aiyoo.. Haven't even started! :dancingqueen: Because of the delay, now I am rushing the other contractor to apply HDB permit then can start hacking my storeroom... Almost have heart attack going through the process.

Paiseh... Paiseh... :P I concern mah... thats why ask how come open-ended answer.....

anyway, I am sure that you will be able to get your house done up soon.... Cheers!!

Edited by lukecas

If comparing 'small reno' I think mine proably d 'smallest'. Total minor works less than 1.7k :dancingqueen:

But Patrick still made time for us & I found him really reliable & responsible. Just hav to b patient with his quotations. I guess sometimes if u catch him during d 'wrong timing' than just bad luck lor...

Even after my minor reno was completed, we had to call him for an 'emergency' on a Sunday afternoon. My hubby was drilling a hole next to d kitchen sink to hang up our utensils bar/holder, and so 'lucky' to drill right into d water pipe *bang head*

Patrick was so kind & prompt in gettng his plumber to come by to patch up d pipe for us, all within one hour! I'm really impressed with his service & would vouch for him any time. Actually up till today he still has not charged us for d 'patching up' job for our kitchen water pipe. He quoted us abt $50 or less when we called him, but so far he's not sent us d invoice (more than 2mths liao), so I guess it's complimentary service :notti:

Ohhh and one more thing, our total minor reno costs came up to abt $1730 iirc, and he gave us another discount of $30 (so round up to only $1700) without us even asking for it, he just gav it to us out of his own accord! Amazing I say! *two thumbs up!* very generous & not calculative at all...

My hubby & I both agree wholeheartedly that we r so lucky to find an honest reliable contractor like Patrick! :notti: