Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reena8282

Laminate Flooring Help!

Hi,

I currently have vinyl tiles in my house. More than 20 years already so it really needs to be changed.

My family does not want to splurge too much on flooring since we may not be staying for more than 10 years in this flat. Hence I felt laminated flooringwas quite a good option but I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me answer.

Will my vinyl tiles require hacking or can it simply overlay? We dont want to move out just because of the flooring. Also, do most of you engage a contractor to do it for you? I know the brands have their individual websites..

Finally any one with prior experience with laminate flooring who wishes to share his conactor or quote would be great.

Hope to get some response!

Reena

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

I currently have vinyl tiles in my house. More than 20 years already so it really needs to be changed.

My family does not want to splurge too much on flooring since we may not be staying for more than 10 years in this flat. Hence I felt laminated flooringwas quite a good option but I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me answer.

Will my vinyl tiles require hacking or can it simply overlay? We dont want to move out just because of the flooring. Also, do most of you engage a contractor to do it for you? I know the brands have their individual websites..

Finally any one with prior experience with laminate flooring who wishes to share his conactor or quote would be great.

Reena

Hi there...yes, I have many experiences with laminate flooring...It's a great product and I prefer it to tiles..but there are plenty of unethical people who ruin the image of laminate flooring in singapore. I highly recommedn INOVAR FLOOR...it's the best by far. they are direct manufacturer and they have an office in tagore...the number is: 63584025. Dont go thru contractors..you can save that part by going direct. It can be installed right on top of yr existing floor...quick and easy...hassle free. Hope it helps

Hi,

Reena

yes you can overlay... find yeak or ah soon to help u bah, cheaper choice i think... unless you think calling laminates company direct helps...

Hi there...yes, I have many experiences with laminate flooring...It's a great product and I prefer it to tiles..but there are plenty of unethical people who ruin the image of laminate flooring in singapore. I highly recommedn INOVAR FLOOR...it's the best by far. they are direct manufacturer and they have an office in tagore...the number is: 63584025. Dont go thru contractors..you can save that part by going direct. It can be installed right on top of yr existing floor...quick and easy...hassle free. Hope it helps

sorry, but you seem to be advertising your own product when your 1st 2 posts are to promote this product...

yes you can overlay... find yeak or ah soon to help u bah, cheaper choice i think... unless you think calling laminates company direct helps...

sorry, but you seem to be advertising your own product when your 1st 2 posts are to promote this product...

after having gone thru all the pains with LF, i just thought of sharing my experience here. sorry if it seems a bit pushy...i didnt mean to post free advertisement here. RT users...judge for yourself.

Hi Reena,
It really depands on how your family uses and maintain the floor.
If you are the type that wash or does heavy wet mopping, do not go for laminate floor.
However, if you should want to use laminate. Use a good reputable one with proper certifications by independent co.
Many co just "say" they are good. How good...???

But on general, Its all depands on your budget. Pay QQ, don't expect a Volvo.
Need more info, let me knw.
Zip.

Hi,

Reena

if i may ask, what would be a reasonable price for laminate flooring including removal & disposal of old laminate & installation? i may consider replacing my room laminate floor after the reno as everything else will be new save the floor..... :unsure:

Edited by santav

if i may ask, what would be a reasonable price for laminate flooring including removal & disposal of old laminate & installation? i may consider replacing my room laminate floor after the reno as everything else will be new save the floor..... :unsure:

Santav,

Brand new Made in Europe LF $4psf or more.

Remove existing LF $50/rm.(Avg size of rm 140sqft.)

Santav,

Brand new Made in Europe LF $4psf or more.

Remove existing LF $50/rm.(Avg size of rm 140sqft.)

thanks! i will consider.... :)

i think you should try consider other kind of engineered wood flooring since you have already tried laminate flooring..

is it not the same? engineered wood & laminate flooring..???

is it not the same? engineered wood & laminate flooring..???

No they r not the same. Engineered wood is more expensive.

u can try Supreme laminate, got lifetime warranty, think about $4.5psf for the good grade one -- claimed to be waterproof too

hi chubby

why not? U can check out the newspaper, got a few company doing laminate.. but be careful to select ur laminates.. especially u put it at the balcony.. better to take ac4 or ac5 standard...