Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rayhwz

How Much Money To Set A Side

We are planning to have our first one.

In terms of finances, how much do we need to set a side from contraception to birth, and the cost to spend on the baby each year till pre-school?

very worried about $$$$

Pls share your experience. thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I think it is better to have a joint account SOLELY for expenses.

Any amount.

If your hubby earn more, ask your hubby to set aside a certain money. If you earn less, you may set aside lesser.

This way, everymonth, there will be cash on the joint account.

And the joint account can use to deducting bills, tnc charges, household items, etc....

It really come in handy.

Very hard to calculate the cost of baby till pre school.

Take 1 step at a one. Or else you and yuor spouse will be stress out.

I think it is better to have a joint account SOLELY for expenses.

Any amount.

If your hubby earn more, ask your hubby to set aside a certain money. If you earn less, you may set aside lesser.

This way, everymonth, there will be cash on the joint account.

And the joint account can use to deducting bills, tnc charges, household items, etc....

It really come in handy.

Very hard to calculate the cost of baby till pre school.

Take 1 step at a one. Or else you and yuor spouse will be stress out.

how much per month you spent on pre school?

and primary school if you have any. thanks

My daughter in k2, monthly school fees $180.

My son in primary school, monthly schhol fees $5.50.

Sometimes, need to buy books and money for reces.

And outing too, need to pay for it.

And also extra lession in school, you need to give extra pocket money.

Primary school daily pocket money $1.50. Extra lession another $2.50.

All money lah...I lost count how much I already spend.

how much per month you spent on pre school?

and primary school if you have any. thanks

save as much as u can be it for the child or rainy days. we don't start saving only when we foresee it's needed. how much needed is very much depends on what we wanted the child to be provided. i always believe in saving whenever possible (& not spend too much on the unnecessary) so that should a sum of money is needed in the near future we don't hv any issue getting it.

during bb/toddler yrs, use hands-me-down items as much as possible. i've not bought much for my girl since birth, now almost 2yo, as she's got all her necessity hands-me-down fm friends/col/siblings. it saved alot this way. my sil who insist not having "old" items for her daughter end up spending so much which she insist is necessary as hands-me-down items are not hygenic (which i somehow don't agree).

Edited by Babyblue

An old saying say: Hands-me-down will have the effect of calming down the babies and make the babies good and obedient and will not be that naughty.

I am not sure how true is that but my 2nd and 3rd child all wear the first child clothing and also from my sis in law too.

Save alot really!

yep! that's what i heard too but main purpose is not really this, it's more of savings. especially bb yr, need to change to a new lot of clothings every 3-6M.

Edited by Babyblue

Yes definately save alot of money.

And also children very fast grow up, no point buying so many cloths.

Of course for outing or during cny, then buy lah.

Wear at home can dont need to buy.

yep! that's what i heard too but main purpose is not really this, it's more of savings. especially bb yr, need to change to a new lot of clothings every 3-6M.

Yes definately save alot of money.

And also children very fast grow up, no point buying so many cloths.

Of course for outing or during cny, then buy lah.

Wear at home can dont need to buy.

wow you really seem to be very experienced. i heard from my friend that, you have to get a pre-nantal check up and somekinda pregnancy package with the gynae too. how much does that costs? and during baby delivery, normally you need to pay how much to the hospital?

wow you really seem to be very experienced. i heard from my friend that, you have to get a pre-nantal check up and somekinda pregnancy package with the gynae too. how much does that costs? and during baby delivery, normally you need to pay how much to the hospital?

my wife told me baby delivery can charge to medisave, not sure if its 100%...

i also interested to know how much, cuz my wife always say we're in debt and not enuff for kids... zzz...

if i remember correctly, max deduction from medisave is $1200.

My daughter in k2, monthly school fees $180.

My son in primary school, monthly schhol fees $5.50.

Sometimes, need to buy books and money for reces.

And outing too, need to pay for it.

And also extra lession in school, you need to give extra pocket money.

Primary school daily pocket money $1.50. Extra lession another $2.50.

All money lah...I lost count how much I already spend.

just to add on, some kids need to go childcare cos both parents are working. childcare fees can range from $300 to $800 per month depending on how upmarket they are - have govt subsidies; a few hundreds i think.

school fees for pri sch is cheap, but if your kids need to take school bus, you can factor in another $75-100 per month - school holidays also need to pay.

also, need to buy savings/health insurance for children (if have 'spare' cash)...that'll be another amount.

sometimes plan too much also no use - only scare yourself.

:)

Edited by jeda

Normally they will let you see a list whether you want to stay in class A,B etc...

And you need to place a deposit when booking for a room and delivery.

Afterthat, all is medisave liao.

I remembered for my cases, after deducting the mediasave, and the cash deposit I placed, they actually refund me back the money.

Yes, having kids means more expenses. Really headache too especially stages after stages, it requires financial needs.

There is a YoungNtuc forum where all young parents topics:

http://www.youngntuc.com.sg/youngntuc/viewforum.php?f=169

I am also regular over there to discuss topics on parenting. Do come in to have more details.

i also interested to know how much, cuz my wife always say we're in debt and not enuff for kids... zzz...

Yes Agreed with Jeda.

And also for school bus fee, normally you place deposit for 2 months for Dec and jun holiday also need to give 2 months in advance.

just to add on, some kids need to go childcare cos both parents are working. childcare fees can range from $300 to $800 per month depending on how upmarket they are - have govt subsidies; a few hundreds i think.

school fees for pri sch is cheap, but if your kids need to take school bus, you can factor in another $75-100 per month - school holidays also need to pay.

also, need to buy savings/health insurance for children (if have 'spare' cash)...that'll be another amount.

sometimes plan too much also no use - only scare yourself.

:)

Yes Agreed with Jeda.

And also for school bus fee, normally you place deposit for 2 months for Dec and jun holiday also need to give 2 months in advance.

wah so much money involved in raising a young child. havent add in the time and love factors. how come so unfair for the school bus? i thought its the sch holidays, still need to pay?!? :(