Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
firestarter

Furniture Showroom At Sungei Kadut

Hi all,

Understand that there are a number of showroom in Sungei Kadut which sells reasonably priced furniture.

I am not too sure where to start with as i am not too familiar .. would appreciate if anyone can direct me to the shops which you had good experience with getting a bargain ...

TIA

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Not sure if you drive. but if you do.. don't confine to only IFC in sungei kadut.. there are many many shops in Singapore that you can scout for furnitures.. I have been to Lush, Evolvliving, Air, comfort Design, Ghee Hong.. many many more. more impt is.. most shops carry many similar designs.. i have seen one when 1 similar item can sell for 169 and another shop selling the same thingg at 10 times more.. yes 10 times more.. 1k+.. so .. pls do your research properly.

yes...i happened to chance into IFC yesterday......was surprised at the many outlets there. unfortunately, i didnt find anything to my fancy....noticed there are many other "factory" outlets for furnitures there....looks like it's gonna take afew weekend visits to check all of them out...... :rolleyes:

Not sure if you drive. but if you do.. don't confine to only IFC in sungei kadut.. there are many many shops in Singapore that you can scout for furnitures.. I have been to Lush, Evolvliving, Air, comfort Design, Ghee Hong.. many many more. more impt is.. most shops carry many similar designs.. i have seen one when 1 similar item can sell for 169 and another shop selling the same thingg at 10 times more.. yes 10 times more.. 1k+.. so .. pls do your research properly.

i saw a set of sofa i like very much. 1 place price 1.5k. another place price it at 2.5k. both half leather. but u sit on them, the feeling very different. when i ask my fren who sell furniture, he tell me the 1.5k version is pirated. they copy from the 2.5k.

Yes, same design can be found in different shops at different prices...but cheapest ones are definitely cheap for a reason.

They use poor material and workmanship. So dont just compare by price, check material and manufacturing source too.

Yes, same design can be found in different shops at different prices...but cheapest ones are definitely cheap for a reason.

They use poor material and workmanship. So dont just compare by price, check material and manufacturing source too.

totally agreed with you.

personal experience with King's Furnishing. Really regretted buying from them.

They cant even explain to us properly exactly what kind of leather is on the sofa.

Before I buy they say full genuine leather.... its NOT.

totally agreed with you.

personal experience with King's Furnishing. Really regretted buying from them.

They cant even explain to us properly exactly what kind of leather is on the sofa.

Before I buy they say full genuine leather.... its NOT.

that time i also went to King's showroom at an industrial area, for a quick look, many selections, but we didn't like any of the designs, so didn't buy anything there. didn't knew their salesmen also dun have product knowledge too. :o:(

Wah Sungei Kadut very big leh, did a search in street directory...

how to walk finish, will get lost anot ? :P

my suggestion is not to walk. better to drive around.... hehe

haha.... I am driving, just that my meaning is dunno which shop to go to man... :D

Sungei Kadut there really alot of furniture shop

Can easily shop whole day .

Had try walking from Nova (or novena) forgot which one liao , but i know located at one of the end, all the way to IFC.

tiring but good experience.

Edited by Supersimon27

haha.... I am driving, just that my meaning is dunno which shop to go to man... :D

haha well then i'd suggest that see any shop, just stop n go in.....

try to cover as many as possible lor..... hehe

i would be going that area tmrw...

haha.. can walk la.. if u have the patience... and hopefully a brolly... but we din use though.. =p

we walked from EDL to lamitak to novena, to winter(just to see wad they have, not to buy definitely!), then to sierra, to IFC.. from 10.30 to 7.30pm.. haha..

now **** shag.. :P

haha.. can walk la.. if u have the patience... and hopefully a brolly... but we din use though.. =p

we walked from EDL to lamitak to novena, to winter(just to see wad they have, not to buy definitely!), then to sierra, to IFC.. from 10.30 to 7.30pm.. haha..

now **** shag.. :P

wow.... that's 9 hours of shipping?! :o

I wish I had the legs for that. Love to compare products? Did you end up buying? I've been to a few of the "cheaper" furniture retailers before checking out IFC.

My take on furniture is that you can find the same design in different prices, but workmanship and materials are almost always relative to the price tag. I'm a pretty big guy so I can tell if a sofa, bedframe or mattress is up to par.

When I went to IFC i told myself I would walk back and check out all the other outlets. In the end, I found exactly what I liked there and knew from the previous weekends of window-shopping that the likelihood of me finding something as comfortable at much cheaper was unlikely...