Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhiz

Lessons From The Id Selection Process

Hi all

Just thought I would share my ID selection process, which is probably like everyone else.

Come to renotalk, read all the thread, see nice pics or comments and then get the ID contact through pm and meet up with ID. Meet one not enough, meet more and more and more. Tire out cos talk so much and long each time. Realise all quotes the same. This item more ex, that item more ex. Basically cancel out. Also its all undiscounted pricing.

I went through this and because I had time to spare, i give up and stop totally.

2 month later, I visit a friend new renovated home. They went through the same process and was so tired they just choose the last one which was the cheapest. Turn out very jialat, they had to keep reminding the ID to do the retifications etc. They told me they would rather just had paid the normal market price to have a peace of mind rather than doing the chasing all the time. Even had to draw out time schedule for the ID.

Then one week later visit another friend house. Her experience totally different. Totally relaxed and happy and everytime they visited their place, it was a pleasant feeling or something more that was done. Any problems were surely rectified. ID go house to check daily to ensure all is ok. They totally trusted their ID as well because she was reliable. Handover on schedule as well. She only recommended to me after her reno was completed to ensure that whoever she recommended was truely recommendable.

So after the months of meeting different ID etc, I just decided to go for my friend ID without much consideration or even quote comparison.

Next week is my reno. The past few weeks experiences has been good, through design concept, the tiles selection, site visit.

I guess no matter how many ID we meet, we will now know how good, reliable, meticulous an ID is unless its a direct referral from a friend. Because you cannot really find out all about this until after you sign on the dotted line.

So its impt to have good friends that recommend you only good ID that they have experienced with.

ps: its quite interesting to meet a few ID to get ideas and roughly understand the process and things to consider. but dun be addicted to it as you will burn out.

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I will pm you.

It has been good so far as she is a lady and can attend to my wife's request easily cos she is more emphatic. I cannot imagine if its a male ID handling my wife demands. haha

I guess going through the process or getting recommended via friends, it is a good process to know and do even though I hated those 3 weeks that I've gone through with almost 10+ IDs/Contractors.

Believe me, at least half of them were from friend's recommendation or from fellow forummers too. In the end, we chose someone based on price (though not lowest) and quality and 'clickability'

Anyway, glad to see you've gotten yours.

I will pm you.

It has been good so far as she is a lady and can attend to my wife's request easily cos she is more emphatic. I cannot imagine if its a male ID handling my wife demands. haha

hi Zhiz

mind sharing with me your ID?

thanks

gorilla

I beg to differ. I like meeting IDs. Meeting more IDs generates more ideas.

That's what / and how i do to get my flat nicely renovated recently.

However I don't do referals / nor recommend my ID to my friends, eventhough the ID whom i worked with din really give me much problem.

Reasons being that... I dun wanna end up in the middleman situation, sandwiched between the ID and my friends.

Seriously, there's nothing to gain being a middleman (the ID isn't going to pay me for referring)

except for blames from my friends IF their renovation din proceed smoothly.

Even if my friend's renovation goes on well without any glitch, there won't be any credits because so-and-so recommended a good ID to them.

I beg to differ. I like meeting IDs. Meeting more IDs generates more ideas.

That's what / and how i do to get my flat nicely renovated recently.

However I don't do referals / nor recommend my ID to my friends, eventhough the ID whom i worked with din really give me much problem.

Reasons being that... I dun wanna end up in the middleman situation, sandwiched between the ID and my friends.

Seriously, there's nothing to gain being a middleman (the ID isn't going to pay me for referring)

except for blames from my friends IF their renovation din proceed smoothly.

Even if my friend's renovation goes on well without any glitch, there won't be any credits because so-and-so recommended a good ID to them.

Of course it depends on who you are referring to.

if its going to be someone that is picky and so immature to blame me for what the ID do, then i wun recommend of course.

But to me, I use fren recommendation as an actual reference is better than nothing. At least got bargaining power.

hey zhi,

i totally agree with you...so care to share which is the final ID which you have selected thru the recommendation of your friend? :)

Hi Zhi, care to pm me your ID/

I will be collecting the key to my new flat end of this month.

Thks!

Hi Zhi, care to pm me your ID/

I will be collecting the key to my new flat end of this month.

Thks!

ok i will pm you.

After getting all the quotes and doing comparison, do you guys narrow down to just 1 (or more than 1) for 2nd meet-up? What does the 2nd meet-up entail?

you can request to visit homes of customers to see quality of work done.

I have also been through the same process and finally just confirm my ID.

Just to share my experience, you can read a lot of good review of certain ID in this forum. But please don't trust all on what you have read in the forum. Some ID has controlled over the forum and deleted those negative feedback on his company.

From my experience, those ID that become popular or hot, their service standard will drop. Unless you show that you are interested to sign up with them, they may not entertain you too much and their response will be slow. So if you are interested to engage hot ID from the forum, you need to have patience and start early, as they take longer time to response to you or you may need to chase them.