Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhiz

Lessons From The Id Selection Process

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

To all who PMed me for a peep into my kitchen and dining, here they are:

316655_2378878904826_1036236163_32694002_1973951723_n.jpg

302306_2378875984753_1036236163_32693996_777385525_n.jpg

Kitchen's original wall facing the dining area was hacked off and cooking area extended. Hope the photos show up here...cheers

Hi guys. This is our first time looking around for IDs hence I have a question to ask. Do we have to pay for quotations and consultations etc? I read from magazines saying that some of the firms do charge consultation fees. Is that true?

I guess everyone has his own way of finding IDs. Some prefer to mass source while others just like to go with friend's recommendation. I think is better to find a ID whom you can trust and beware of those that like to give empty promises.. that easily promise your requests.

Hi guys. This is our first time looking around for IDs hence I have a question to ask. Do we have to pay for quotations and consultations etc? I read from magazines saying that some of the firms do charge consultation fees. Is that true?

Some ID firms like three-d-conceptwerke charge professional fees while some don't. Quotations are free but should check if you are comparing apple to apple, and if there are hidden costs. And it's very tiring repeating the same thing to different IDs to get quotations. Before you begin renovation, you are half drained.

For me, based on friends' recommendation, and from what I heard from this forum (which companies to avoid), I shortlisted 4 to request for quotes.

To all who PMed me for a peep into my kitchen and dining, here they are:

316655_2378878904826_1036236163_32694002_1973951723_n.jpg

302306_2378875984753_1036236163_32693996_777385525_n.jpg

Kitchen's original wall facing the dining area was hacked off and cooking area extended. Hope the photos show up here...cheers

Nice! The lights are from philips eh? :P

Some ID firms like three-d-conceptwerke charge professional fees while some don't. Quotations are free but should check if you are comparing apple to apple, and if there are hidden costs. And it's very tiring repeating the same thing to different IDs to get quotations. Before you begin renovation, you are half drained.

For me, based on friends' recommendation, and from what I heard from this forum (which companies to avoid), I shortlisted 4 to request for quotes.

Thanks for the advice. We shortlisted a few (thanks to this forum) and a few others are recommended by friends. We have met and are meeting a couple of them this week. My mum was worried that they will charge us fees for consultation. Hence, to ease her mind, I thought I could ask experience people in this forum.

Thanks. Yes, indeed from Philips. Sharp eyes huh? ;)

haha I walked the entire stretch of Balestier looking at lights! I'm sure many people do as well. LOL

Question! I heard from an ID that it is not necessary to hack of the wall tiles but to plaster and paint over it. Have anyone heard of such a method and will it last?

I'm doing that for my apt. Saves $. Should be okie based on my ID. And I think it's okie coz my reno warranty is 5 yrs. haha

I'm doing that for my apt. Saves $. Should be okie based on my ID. And I think it's okie coz my reno warranty is 5 yrs. haha

Oh. I forgot to ask about the warranty part. Anyway, he told us it's a cost-saving method and since we are doing up the whole house, it will cost quite a sum of money. We shall see how it goes since renovation wouldn't be anytime soon till next year.

I am very sad... those ID folks that constantly advertise themselves at Singapore Expo are actually contractor in disguise. Their usual tactic is you provide them your floor plan, they gave you a fixture and lighting layout based on your floor plan and at the same time they will present you a quotation. When come to design, they can only give you standard idea, idea so straight forward that you can find tons of it from the internet and most of these designers cant even hand sketch the design of your kitchen cabinet.