Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhiz

Lessons From The Id Selection Process

Hi Martin, I happened to engage skycreation. My ID promise to hand over the house on the 4th, if you can wait a few more days, I'll provide you with my evaluation about them.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Martin, I happened to engage skycreation. My ID promise to hand over the house on the 4th, if you can wait a few more days, I'll provide you with my evaluation about them.

Hi yk... Yes.. No problem at all.. My reno starting in March.. Just want to know how is their workmanship, their pricing...So far maybe they think our budget of 30k is too little for the amount of work we want, they have not got back to us yet..

Hope to hear from you soon...

Hi yk... Yes.. No problem at all.. My reno starting in March.. Just want to know how is their workmanship, their pricing...So far maybe they think our budget of 30k is too little for the amount of work we want, they have not got back to us yet..

Hope to hear from you soon...

Hi Martin, just curious, what do you want to do for your renovation? :)

Hi Martin, just curious, what do you want to do for your renovation? :)

hi YK, i wanted to:

1. change tiles for whole house..

2. Toilet walls and kitchen walls tiles also change

3. Paint whole house,

4. Build in wardrobe for 4 bedrooms

5. Add glass door on kitchen entrance

6. Kitchen cabinet set

7. Add a door on existing study room to convert it into bedroom

8. Lbox ****

9. False celling at the bedrooms (optional)

10. Cabinets in toilet

11. Glass that separate the shower area

12. TV feature wall

I gave a 30K budget cuz i dont want to be a carrot head and they just stretch all the prices even if they dont cost as much..

Ideal design quoted me 35k (without TV feature wall, L box and false ceilings, toilet cabinets)

So i suppose SC shouldnt quote me more than 40K to include the above items.

How long it normally takes from confirmation of ID to starting of Reno?

(i mean for the period where 3D drawing will be done)

hi YK, i wanted to:

3. Paint whole house,

6. Kitchen cabinet set

8. Lbox ****

10. Cabinets in toilet

12. TV feature wall

I gave a 30K budget cuz i dont want to be a carrot head and they just stretch all the prices even if they dont cost as much..

Ideal design quoted me 35k (without TV feature wall, L box and false ceilings, toilet cabinets)

Please note that if you are doing many Lbox/false ceiling, your electricial points may fetch up to a few thousands wor.. so end up maybe above 30k. I dont have any feedbacks on sky but i will not take their service even if i received their quotation/design now as they are taking too long to reply even their business is good. If normal quotation need to take so long, in future if i got any problems or questions i think i can wait up to 1 year to fix it liao.. just my 2cents ... :disturb:

hi YK, i wanted to:

3. Paint whole house,

6. Kitchen cabinet set

8. Lbox ****

10. Cabinets in toilet

12. TV feature wall

Hi Martin, judging from what you want, I dun think you would get a quote less than 30K from SC.

From my experience with them, the normal thing like hack and replace tile for whole house, paint whole house, kitchen cabinet etc, already abt 30K

whatever boxup, vanity top in toilet, tv feature wall, built-in wardrobe, add door etc etc, will be done at extra cost (mbr wardrobe is quoted to be 2.4K, the rest you can work from there).

Note that all these still exclude toilet accessories (toilet bowl, basin, tap etc etc), re-wiring (if you want to)

Please note that if you are doing many Lbox/false ceiling, your electricial points may fetch up to a few thousands wor.. so end up maybe above 30k. I dont have any feedbacks on sky but i will not take their service even if i received their quotation/design now as they are taking too long to reply even their business is good. If normal quotation need to take so long, in future if i got any problems or questions i think i can wait up to 1 year to fix it liao.. just my 2cents ... :disturb:

You have a point... Dont know electrical points can cost so much... -.-!

Sadly yes. I paid 3.5k just for electrical rewiring. not even including cost of purchasing lights

i think yours mad mad also at least 40k onwards if you want all the items........

i think yours mad mad also at least 40k onwards if you want all the items........

I agree. 40k sounds about right. Also depends on the kind of material you intend to use.

I agree. 40k sounds about right. Also depends on the kind of material you intend to use.

I was quoted abt 55k, without doing 4 wardrobes or Lbox. The additional thing I did was platform bed and change all windows and doors. I didn't know changing those will cost me so much.

Any one has any idea if you can buff tempered glass?

I have read that all processing of tempered glass (drill hole, polishing, buffing etc) must be done before tempering, after which, things like buffing would very likely to cause the tempered glass to break.

But my ID told me otherwise, my ID told me tempered glass is the type of glass that is suitable to do polishing/buffing.

Any experts in this area to advice me whether to trust my ID?

Any one has any idea if you can buff tempered glass?

I have read that all processing of tempered glass (drill hole, polishing, buffing etc) must be done before tempering, after which, things like buffing would very likely to cause the tempered glass to break.

But my ID told me otherwise, my ID told me tempered glass is the type of glass that is suitable to do polishing/buffing.

Any experts in this area to advice me whether to trust my ID?

process of tempering should be last step I think

hi YK, i wanted to:

3. Paint whole house,

6. Kitchen cabinet set

8. Lbox ****

10. Cabinets in toilet

12. TV feature wall

Hi,

Sky made my final shortlist of 2 but I chose my other option in the end

Unfortunately, i doubt the things you want done can be within 30K

I did less and needed almost 40K

bobztoise said:
Hi,

Sky made my final shortlist of 2 but I chose my other option in the end

Unfortunately, i doubt the things you want done can be within 30K

I did less and needed almost 40K

Which ID from skycreation served you? Mine is Joey, a young lady.. She promised to send quotation in a week time.. now almost two weeks didnt hear from her.. maybe she wants to wait until i move in my new house then send to me....

I really wonder how long they need to come out with such quotation.. If thing as simple as this cant be done in a short period of time, i really dont know how they handle a 40-50k project...

Haiz.. i think i will forget about them... Opportunity given... and if they think my budget is not enough,they should have told me.. and at least send me a quotation so that i can remove items to meet my budget..

I still think Ron from Ideal Design better in this.. At least he sent a quotation in 4-5 days time..

Whole singapore is not only Skycreation.. In such competitive environment, i wonder how long this ID can last.. Wish them all the best then.

Maybe i will just engage a contractor to do my house.. Anyway, i dont intend to stay more than 5 years... To spend 50k for a house i intend to stay for only 5 years might be too much...