Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Felixp

Home Sweet Home @ Woodlands (' ',)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Wah envy leh no need to do flooring :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Mine is broken marble. Got good and bad. Cos Mr Yeak said that if we hack the study room wall and damage the flooring in the process, he dun have the stock to replace. Even if he can find, the color and shape/size wont match. So, might have to consider having a counter top along the stretch. We'll see how the hacking goes. Secondly, we prefer pure white or pure dark marble, but this one is white + green bits... but okay lah, considering that we paid below valuation, we take loh... :)

U are getting what colour for your flooring? Jason done the flooring liao?

Mine is broken marble. Got good and bad. Cos Mr Yeak said that if we hack the study room wall and damage the flooring in the process, he dun have the stock to replace. Even if he can find, the color and shape/size wont match. So, might have to consider having a counter top along the stretch. We'll see how the hacking goes. Secondly, we prefer pure white or pure dark marble, but this one is white + green bits... but okay lah, considering that we paid below valuation, we take loh... :)

U are getting what colour for your flooring? Jason done the flooring liao?

oh okie anyway nowadays very difficult to find houses with marble flooring le it's nice of him to warn you 1st cos what he said is true even if can find new pieces will surely look different

Wah you're lucky to get your unit below val leh especially at the current market so when did you exercised the OTP ah ?

I'm getting homogenous, more to white color for my 1st floor flooring and parquet for staircase and 2nd floor

basically i hacked everything away even the windows and grille so it's an overhaul of the whole house thus the cost :(

Edited by coffee_o

Wa another Woodlanders! :D

I used to live one block away from blk 356! Hehe...it's a nice and peaceful area to live in :)

Will be moving to Admiralty in ard 2 weeks time... ;)

And yea, you are lucky that Mr Yeak agrees to reno your hse...that time when we asked him he told us that his schedule was extremely packed. Not that we regret choosing our current contractor though :)

Looking forward to the reno pics!

Condition from the photos seems to be good. I think the ex-owner did a good job maintaining the house.

Aiyo...got broken marble...which part of the living room ... is it obvious...?

Condition from the photos seems to be good. I think the ex-owner did a good job maintaining the house.

Aiyo...got broken marble...which part of the living room ... is it obvious...?

eh bro ? which part of the living room marble broken ? i think the whole house leh hahahaha

Felix's house flooring is broken marble pattern le bro think you need a break work too hard liao :P

oh okie anyway nowadays very difficult to find houses with marble flooring le it's nice of him to warn you 1st cos what he said is true even if can find new pieces will surely look different

Wah you're lucky to get your unit below val leh especially at the current market so when did you exercised the OTP ah ?

I'm getting homogenous, more to white color for my 1st floor flooring and parquet for staircase and 2nd floor

basically i hacked everything away even the windows and grille so it's an overhaul of the whole house thus the cost :(

Urs oso valuation leh. We OTP-ed in May, rightfully should get the keys in Aug but we rented it back to the owners at 1.5k per mth for 2mths. So, we just gotten the keys recently. :P The extra rental income gives us extra $$. But nonetheless, reno + accessories + lightings + furniture/electrical appliances all add up to quite a substantial amount, so we are trying to keep cost down and do the minimum first.

Where did u get ur tiles from? Sin Lek? When we are thinking of engaging of Jason/Ah Soon, we went Sin Lek c c look look first cos it's recommended by them. We find the tiles at Sin Lek quite nice leh. But Mr Yeak suggested for us to go Hafary or LSH instead as he felt that their variety is better.

eh bro ? which part of the living room marble broken ? i think the whole house leh hahahaha

Felix's house flooring is broken marble pattern le bro think you need a break work too hard liao :P

hahaha... don't like that la... "TAO YAN!"

Haha... i think red_devil is too wrapped up in reno works, "broken" very sensitive, means need rectification.

Anyway, i went to chk the valuation report again, confirmed the flooring is known as "broken marble tiles". Hehes. :)

The house is quite okay, just that the space at the front is made smaller by the extended stairway while the living room is elongated, which make everything seems abit narrow. So we have to try not to place too many furniture along the hallway.

One thing good is the location, which is near to the mrt. We dun have car, so have to be near mrt.

• Like 1

Urs oso valuation leh. We OTP-ed in May, rightfully should get the keys in Aug but we rented it back to the owners at 1.5k per mth for 2mths. So, we just gotten the keys recently. :P The extra rental income gives us extra $$. But nonetheless, reno + accessories + lightings + furniture/electrical appliances all add up to quite a substantial amount, so we are trying to keep cost down and do the minimum first.

Where did u get ur tiles from? Sin Lek? When we are thinking of engaging of Jason/Ah Soon, we went Sin Lek c c look look first cos it's recommended by them. We find the tiles at Sin Lek quite nice leh. But Mr Yeak suggested for us to go Hafary or LSH instead as he felt that their variety is better.

I got all my tiles from Hafary and yes what Yeak says is true in a sense hafary and LSH should have more choices

but do take note that their tile are more costly as compared to Sin Lek too so pro and cons lah

try to look at all 3 and decide moreover it's not necessary for u to get all your tiles selection in one location right ?

Haha... i think red_devil is too wrapped up in reno works, "broken" very sensitive, means need rectification.

Anyway, i went to chk the valuation report again, confirmed the flooring is known as "broken marble tiles". Hehes. :)

The house is quite okay, just that the space at the front is made smaller by the extended stairway while the living room is elongated, which make everything seems abit narrow. So we have to try not to place too many furniture along the hallway.

One thing good is the location, which is near to the mrt. We dun have car, so have to be near mrt.

sob sob... u also laugh at me. ya la...now...broken, spoil, money, rectify, uneven, paint..all very sensitive in my dictionary. hahaha

:idea: I think u can play with mirrors at certain area to make your place look even more brighter and bigger! I like corridor unit, much much much more privacy.

Wa another Woodlanders! :D

I used to live one block away from blk 356! Hehe...it's a nice and peaceful area to live in :)

Will be moving to Admiralty in ard 2 weeks time... ;)

And yea, you are lucky that Mr Yeak agrees to reno your hse...that time when we asked him he told us that his schedule was extremely packed. Not that we regret choosing our current contractor though :)

Looking forward to the reno pics!

Oic... hehes, my hubby's family in woodlands at blk 168, so can get xtra grant. Plus we like woodlands cos we were from Fuchun Sec and grew up in this area. Furthermore, go JB nearer. Hehes. But we are at level 3, so can be quite warm i feel.

Mr Yeak originally rejected us too, but i called him a few times to ask him when he available, we willing to shift our reno to suit him. Then on mon nite, he smsed my hubby to tell him 1 of his client delayed reno by 2 weeks, so he can take us if we are still interested. Yah, we feel very lucky too.

But i think Patrick Ho oso quite "hot" one... so u oso lucky can get him. We emailed him our requirements; he didnt revert at all.

sob sob... u also laugh at me. ya la...now...broken, spoil, money, rectify, uneven, paint..all very sensitive in my dictionary. hahaha

:idea: I think u can play with mirrors at certain area to make your place look even more brighter and bigger! I like corridor unit, much much much more privacy.

Okay lah, cannot luff at u cos u kind enough that time let me preview ur new place leh... yah, ur house got a lot of mirrors, make ur place look bigger... but we liked ur view infront of the living room. Confirmed govt not gg to build anything there?

Btw, ur house completed liao hoh... Jason oso very busy, that time wanted him oso, but abit worried he got too many projects.

Oic... hehes, my hubby's family in woodlands at blk 168, so can get xtra grant. Plus we like woodlands cos we were from Fuchun Sec and grew up in this area. Furthermore, go JB nearer. Hehes. But we are at level 3, so can be quite warm i feel.

Mr Yeak originally rejected us too, but i called him a few times to ask him when he available, we willing to shift our reno to suit him. Then on mon nite, he smsed my hubby to tell him 1 of his client delayed reno by 2 weeks, so he can take us if we are still interested. Yah, we feel very lucky too.

But i think Patrick Ho oso quite "hot" one... so u oso lucky can get him. We emailed him our requirements; he didnt revert at all.

Hehe...rite now I am staying at 427...

Yea that time when we approached Patrick he was still quite free but now he is quite busy le...