Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
his.beloved.child

How To Clean Grout Between Homogenous Tiles?

Hi guys,

I just had shifted into my new place 6 months ago and the grout between the homogenous tile turned black. Is anyone of you facing similar problems?

Any one of you can advise how to clean the grouts between the tiles? Thanks

• Like 2

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi SolutionProvider,

I had tried many ways to scrub, mop etc.. and i even tried brands like Mr Muscle and some grout cleaners and the black stains still does not go away...:(

u can buy the staibn remover from NTUC or Cold storage.

It come in a brown slim bottle, usally place in the toilet cleaning detergent area.

Hi there,

I manage to take some photos, u want me email to u?

Hi..hi .. i jus finish my reno, have not move in, when i check my flat ,i realised that my white grout line in my master bathroom has become brownish and look so dirty .. it is not suppose to be that way right ? my common bathroom is black tiles with black grout , now the black grout is filled with white powder , half black ,half white. Pls advise .TIA

I saw Homefix store sell solvent specifically for cleaning grouts between tiles. I haven't tried it, so don't know how effective it is.

Edited by forgotten

btw kitchen, living room floor tiles so hard to maintain. how to solve white patch. cleaning is so tired.

btw kitchen, living room floor tiles so hard to maintain. how to solve white patch. cleaning is so tired.

The best way so far:-

1) Buy a package of magic sponge (from Korea, Japan) $4 ~ $5 per pack

The sponge is white in color, usually rectangular in shape.

Easily available from market, hardware shop etc

2) Just wet the sponge using water only and use it to clean the grout between tiles

Floor tiles, wall tiles, oil stains on cooker hook etc

Once the sponge is dirty, soaps it onto the water again and repeat the cleaning..

3) Can use it on the tiles surface as well, almost restore the floor tiles back to its original condition.

Grout clearing solution etc - waste time, waste money only and not so environmental friendly.

(Remark: For heavily stain grout, you may need steam wash + sponge clean. If this method don't work, then live with it loh)

i've been thinking....for those of us using white tiles....instead of trying to clean the grout lines, why not use a white paint pen and "paint" over the grout lines?

is that possible? if it is, den i guess this is the fastest and easiest way, yes?

I've tried using those Japan-imported white magic sponges which had been mentioned by katecres.

And yes it works wonders, and on provision that u bought the original not the imitations.

I've tried using those Japan-imported white magic sponges which had been mentioned by katecres.

And yes it works wonders, and on provision that u bought the original not the imitations.

where can i get the originals pls? those at daiso seems not.

We had the same problem with the grout between our homo tiles. What we did was go to a DIY shop and bought the grout cleaner. It really works and after that we applied the grout sealer to make sure it stays clean for a longer period

Edited by Skywire