Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
panpan

Square Rooms In Balestier Rd

Met them at the recent HOME 2008 exhibition at EXPO. Talked to them, gave them my floorplan, a sketch on my requirements, etc... They told me I will get a reply/quotation from them in a week's time. One week has passed. Sent them an email to ask them about the outcome. Yet, no reply. Nothing. :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
We engaged them to do my kitchen and two toilets.

I'd finally gotten a reply from them. In fact, I got two. First reply, forgot to attach the quotation. Took another two days to send me. Then when I tried to open, I can't coz it's in .one format. Ask him what program is needed, he told me in ONE NOTE, which I doesn't have. Asked him to send me in PDF... and still waiting.

Btw, that ID we talked to told us they are doing toilet / kitchen for a unit in P/Pasir. Are u staying there?

Edited by nath.adrie

I used them and had the most PAINFUL experience. I engaged hem in Mar to do up my kit and 3x wardrobe. Suppose to install mid April and they took 2 months to get the work done from the day they brought in the carcass. Bad workmanship, made numerous mistakes despite approved drawings, numerous delays in handover and the boss is really rude despite not being able to honour his word on hand-over dates. We ended up in small claims court and I am seeking legal counsel at the same time. I thought doing up a new home is suppose to be a happy occassion...but Sq Room has succeeded in making it a misery for me...for a while. I'm over it now...no point letting them get me down :)

which ID is this? I met an ID yestersdae....hmm although the design wise i find it so so but he was very good to explain all the different materials n their pros n cons..

but abit skeptical after seeing the bad reviews

which ID is this? I met an ID yestersdae....hmm although the design wise i find it so so but he was very good to explain all the different materials n their pros n cons..

but abit skeptical after seeing the bad reviews

Anyone has Square room email address?

Anyone has Square room email address?

Hi, I am currently using square room as my contractor now and as mentioned, they are just a contractor. Zero design input from them Workmanship wise, it is terrible. You can go to any low priced furniture shop and get better quality furniture. The finishing is very rough and we have to check every part and babysit the carpenters. One word, They simply do things without pride. Just get over and done with. Same goes for their painters. Same mentality. They promised us 2 months to renovate 2 rooms and an extention to the balcony. Now it is aleady 3 months and uncomplete. I am completely amazed how unprofessional contractors can be. speechless. Feel free to use them if you enjoy vomiting blood.

Hi, I am currently using square room as my contractor now and as mentioned, they are just a contractor. Zero design input from them Workmanship wise, it is terrible. You can go to any low priced furniture shop and get better quality furniture. The finishing is very rough and we have to check every part and babysit the carpenters. One word, They simply do things without pride. Just get over and done with. Same goes for their painters. Same mentality. They promised us 2 months to renovate 2 rooms and an extention to the balcony. Now it is aleady 3 months and uncomplete. I am completely amazed how unprofessional contractors can be. speechless. Feel free to use them if you enjoy vomiting blood.

Almost completed my blood vomiting session with Square room ID. Upon moving in, I found out more and more of the minor glitches all over the house. I can only say the workmanship is way beyond acceptable standards. They tend to cut corners as much as they can, using cheap material and lousy workmanship. Please take note of it if you are using them.

kewin, are you currently using Square Room ID? From your blog, it seems that the work are pretty proactive in checking the incoming quality of the material.

Are the workers from China or Malaysia?

Apparently, I'm trying to shortlist which are the IDs are reliable and trustworthy for my reno.

hmm that bad??? can show some pic of the defective area???

They are under Radac..so i suppose they are quite reliable bah..

Almost completed my blood vomiting session with Square room ID. Upon moving in, I found out more and more of the minor glitches all over the house. I can only say the workmanship is way beyond acceptable standards. They tend to cut corners as much as they can, using cheap material and lousy workmanship. Please take note of it if you are using them.

mmm These companies pay to be under Radac so it doesn't really mean anything... Maybe it makes it easier to claim for things if things go wrong? But in the first place we don't even want things to go wrong ma... :P

But then.. people who had bad things to say above.... don't have many posts around the forum so might be competitors. :) Fake owners. :)

Hi all,

this is my first posting in reno. Actually, i do not normally surf such forum...

i am too irritated by square room quality,workmanship,attitude

Prices they quote is REASONABLE coz the quality is not that grade. So do consider it before choosing an ID base on price.

Workmanship.its the worse ever. they did my toilet door (sliding door) Their handle came out after 3months. Best thing is, can only lock one side. the contractor told me they dun know how to make it lock boths ide....

Silicon in toilet turn dirty after 3months.2 persotn using it only.

Attitude-VERY POLITE. VERY GENTLE.

There are many more issue with it. However, i better not say too much in case i got sued for it.

Advice: NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! (personal advice;just in case square room id send lawyer leter.)

Me too.

2 weeks passed and no quotes from them.

Guess they are only interested in bigger projects than smaller flats.

Hi I just got my hdb in the east renovated by Sq room ID too. Similar experience as described by pple above. Quality and workmanship is very bad and saying their service is bad is an understatement. I have paid up the bills and now when problem occurs, their foreman (i dont call them designers or sales, cos they aint) takes a few weeks to get back to me. Attitude was also very bad. Simply no service. When they eventually send workers down to repair, the standard was also not acceptable.

I am not a competitor and it makes no difference to me if pple use their service or not. Just want to use this forum to voice my bad experiences with them. Good luck.