Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
baby81984

3-room Resale In The West

i extended the living room by 1m into the kitchen. actually, i did it coz the MBR entrance could not be in the kitchen but i do like a super spacious living room. hahah..

P1030911.jpg

this is for the extension of the living room. actually i oso dunno what it is.. hahah..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

patching of kitchen floor after removing concrete sink

P1030912.jpg

i'm goin to spray paint over the kitchen floor, hence, i didn't want to spend on tiles since it should be covered by the spray paint anyway. hope that it's not too obvious..

kitchen wall tiles will be hacked and screed

P1030913.jpg

i dunno why they left this strip of tiles un-hacked in the kitchen. but they did remove it after i called up the contractor to ask.

i relocated my common toilet sink into the toilet. i will place a washing machine where the sink used to be.

P1030915.jpg

after hacking away the sink and exposed piping. my sink tap will be located here in future.

view from the main door

P1030916.jpg

this is the view from the main door. i like how bright the whole area is now. sun shines in from the kitchen window in the late afternoon. just nice for drying clothes after washing them in the morning. hahah..

living room windows

P1030919.jpg

will be changing these to sliding windows. still wondering if light tinted or dark tinted is more suitable.. we like our place to be brightly lit and yet we do want our privacy at the same time. the good thing is that ours is almost a corner unit. there is only 1 other family staying beside us.

hello! welcome to RT! sorry a few days late but just only saw your blog.. :)

your place is like mine - 3rm corridor. i also got a quote from designer house but didn't shortlist them because their prices were too high. mind sharing how much you are paying?

for the windows, i'd suggesting going for light tinted windows. hdb flats have pathetic amount of light and i think you should maximise any sources of light as much as possible. for us, we'll be going for clear glass..even though ours is also a corridor unit. we love natural light! since you only have 1 unit next to you, go for it...

hello! welcome to RT! sorry a few days late but just only saw your blog.. :)

your place is like mine - 3rm corridor. i also got a quote from designer house but didn't shortlist them because their prices were too high. mind sharing how much you are paying?

for the windows, i'd suggesting going for light tinted windows. hdb flats have pathetic amount of light and i think you should maximise any sources of light as much as possible. for us, we'll be going for clear glass..even though ours is also a corridor unit. we love natural light! since you only have 1 unit next to you, go for it...

tks for the warm welcome! :)

i've edited the top post to include the prices of the renovation. you can take a look at it for a guide. there's still misc costs, i'll try to include them as i go along. designer house is not exactly 1 of the cheapest around. but i signed up with them coz of the positive reviews online. need to see the works of the contractor to really confirm if they are good. mine is not done yet, so i can't really comment of their workmanship.

my bf oso likes light tinted windows but i was thinking that since we are both working, it's only at night that we go back anyway, so not much natural light to enjoy.. hahha.. but i think i'm goin for light tinted windows.. he's the decision maker after all.. :P

water pipe

P1030937.jpg

the workers relocated the water pipe in the living room. very clever! hahaha.. i was thinking how they are goin to get any water since the sinks have all been hacked off.

extension of living room

P1030943.jpg

still on 4th day of reno. when i went over at night, the extension was done. really fast. and it seems dry somemore. i'm going for laminated flooring so i didn't bother to top up with tiles. just gimme a level floor to prepare for the flooring can already. hahah..

toilet walls

P1030946.jpg

my toilet wall tiles will be extended all the way to the top. i asked for just similar sized tiles as i will be spray painting the walls of both toilets. it actually does look quite nice with tiles fully extended. if my bottom tiles were cleaner or in a better state, i might had just considered having a tiled toilet instead of spray painting..

no wait.. i just remembered the grout lines.. i'm sticking with spray painting.. hahaha..

extension of MBR

P1030949.jpg

i hacked away my storeroom to have a bigger MBR as i wanted a walk in wardrobe. i dunno what the previous owners did with the storeroom. the walls are in a disgusting state! it's so obvious which is part of the storeroom, which is the MBR... hahahha..

extension of MBR

P1030950.jpg

due to the beams, there will be this weird shaped part in my MBR. we decided to use this area to hang our clothes or put a mirror there. any suggestions? i was thinking it might just hide the clothes from view due to the shape. hahahha.

where we wanted to hack and seal....

3rmNN.jpg

Halo Baby81984,

Actually which one is your floor plan?

The bedrooms is on the left side or ride side?

I think we will finish our reno around same time.

Looking forward for your reno pic too :yamseng: