Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
baby81984

3-room Resale In The West

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

MBR toilet

P1030954.jpg

there's this super long crack on my toilet ceiling. lucky there's no leakage. just a rusty rebar. covering with cement was supposed to be fine. so will just cover it up with cement and paint over it.

Halo Baby81984,

Actually which one is your floor plan?

The bedrooms is on the left side or ride side?

I think we will finish our reno around same time.

Looking forward for your reno pic too :yamseng:

oops! the 1st 1 is wrong. my living room and kitchen is on the right side. :P i think it's the same layout as urs! and guess wat! we are neighbors. hahah. i'm at 5XX... heee. i'm hoping everything is done by apr?? or may.. thou i'm not in a hurry to move in yet..

shall continue posting the pictures tml.. for some reason, internet is terribly slow!

oops! the 1st 1 is wrong. my living room and kitchen is on the right side. :P i think it's the same layout as urs! and guess wat! we are neighbors. hahah. i'm at 5XX... heee. i'm hoping everything is done by apr?? or may.. thou i'm not in a hurry to move in yet..

shall continue posting the pictures tml.. for some reason, internet is terribly slow!

Halo baby81984,

Hi neighbors :P

According to schedule, my reno will be done at the end of April.

I have to move out 30 April from my current rent :P

Halo baby81984,

Hi neighbors :P

According to schedule, my reno will be done at the end of April.

I have to move out 30 April from my current rent :P

wow!! u might just move in earlier then mi!! i'm thinking that everything might be ok only around may... hahahah....

LATEST UPDATE:

found some problems in our painting... :( will have to sort it out with the painter...

Around May means mid of May?

Maybe due to your design need more work than mine.

What's the problem with your painting?

Wrong colouring?

Any pic?

Hope you can fix it asap.

Around May means mid of May?

Maybe due to your design need more work than mine.

What's the problem with your painting?

Wrong colouring?

Any pic?

Hope you can fix it asap.

mine is more due to the fact that we "ala carte" some of the works. so take longer to coordinate. but it's ba lah.. we are not really in a hurry to move in.. thank goodness..

i'll talk more about my painting below.. :(

LATEST UPDATE @ 27th March, 1845

painter say painting works is done and really for checking.

so we went down to check after confirming with the painter that he has already done the 1st round of checking.

very disappointed with the painting.

for 1, there are air bubbles in the kitchen wall!!!!

for another, there's actually a crack on 1 part of the paint!!!

tons of other stuff we need to bring up to the painter but i seriously cannot understand how the painting can be so badly done by a 'professional' painter. hope to resolve this peacefully....

LATEST UPDATE @ 27th March, 1845

painter say painting works is done and really for checking.

so we went down to check after confirming with the painter that he has already done the 1st round of checking.

very disappointed with the painting.

for 1, there are air bubbles in the kitchen wall!!!!

for another, there's actually a crack on 1 part of the paint!!!

tons of other stuff we need to bring up to the painter but i seriously cannot understand how the painting can be so badly done by a 'professional' painter. hope to resolve this peacefully....

Halo Baby81984,

Actually how many layer did they paint?

Bubble ussually cause by too many water used.

This could mean they try to save more money,

but just don't care on the quality.

Better to clarify this, because it will need to scrap the existing layer to fix this.

hey Baby81984, just read thru your thread on MHT..very interesting! i'll also be doing bottom kitchen cabinets too..

btw, are you levelling out your kitchen floor?

i am the co-owner, baby's hubby.

My comments:

the standard of painting simply cannot make it, the paint does not stick at all.

One last chance for the painters to clear up the mess they did, we shall see.

a sloppy, unprofessional bunch of painters trying to pull a fast one on owners. No sealant say got sealant, say will sand the wall prior to painting never do, say professional but never paint properly as there are different degrees of white meaning that some areas paint less than others.

A great disappointment, thats all i can say. I least expected someone to screw up on painting.

Frustrated that its delaying the rest of the works such as electrical, capentary, etc...

i am the co-owner, baby's hubby.

My comments:

the standard of painting simply cannot make it, the paint does not stick at all.

One last chance for the painters to clear up the mess they did, we shall see.

a sloppy, unprofessional bunch of painters trying to pull a fast one on owners. No sealant say got sealant, say will sand the wall prior to painting never do, say professional but never paint properly as there are different degrees of white meaning that some areas paint less than others.

A great disappointment, thats all i can say. I least expected someone to screw up on painting.

Frustrated that its delaying the rest of the works such as electrical, capentary, etc...

No wonder it was bubling, without a sealant in humid weather like Singapore surely not acceptable.

It will peeling in less than a year.

If they still not do it properly, you can post their company info in RT :P

At least you can safe further people from getting the same sloppy job in future.

hey Baby81984, just read thru your thread on MHT..very interesting! i'll also be doing bottom kitchen cabinets too..

btw, are you levelling out your kitchen floor?

tks! ur thread is very interesting too!! it's amazing how much research you have done even before you got ur keys!! i'm impressed!! :)

i'm not levelling my kitchen floor... i did consider that briefly but coz i'm having a laminated floor for living room, i was concerned that i may not be able to scrub the kitchen floor if i needed to... (thou i think i might really never scrub the floor.. mayb just mop it... :P)