Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
baby81984

3-room Resale In The West

No wonder it was bubling, without a sealant in humid weather like Singapore surely not acceptable.

It will peeling in less than a year.

If they still not do it properly, you can post their company info in RT :P

At least you can safe further people from getting the same sloppy job in future.

eh... i'm for world peace... hahaha....

no doubt that work of the painter is really way below standard... but then, we met up with them and agreed to give them another chance to rectify the mistakes.... so i shall believe that there is a lack of communication or wat.... shall see what they do before i make any decisions....

i do hope it will not come to a point where i need to post their company or all the photos i've taken so far thou.... coz thou the paint job is bad, there are some good points at least.....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

oh yah!!! i got new windows installed today!!!

so happy... shall post up the photos tomorrow....

i'm so happy i made the right decision to change all the windows in the entire house... the whole place looks so bright and clean now... hee...

tks! ur thread is very interesting too!! it's amazing how much research you have done even before you got ur keys!! i'm impressed!! :)

i'm not levelling my kitchen floor... i did consider that briefly but coz i'm having a laminated floor for living room, i was concerned that i may not be able to scrub the kitchen floor if i needed to... (thou i think i might really never scrub the floor.. mayb just mop it... :P)

from the looks of it, you guys did your fair share of research before getting your keys too! :)

ok thought i wanted to check with you if you face any probs with the floor levelling if you did it. nvm then..

oh yah!!! i got new windows installed today!!!

so happy... shall post up the photos tomorrow....

i'm so happy i made the right decision to change all the windows in the entire house... the whole place looks so bright and clean now... hee...

yay! can't wait to see those windows..i'm still trying to find someone who'd be willing to do those double-hung windows that slide up & down.... :(

from the looks of it, you guys did your fair share of research before getting your keys too! :)

ok thought i wanted to check with you if you face any probs with the floor levelling if you did it. nvm then..

yay! can't wait to see those windows..i'm still trying to find someone who'd be willing to do those double-hung windows that slide up & down.... :(

we started shopping around before we got our keys.. but it was more towards window shopping.. hahaha...

the windows u want abit difficult to find... i haven't come across anyone doing it... if i do, i'll let u know! :)

window pictures coming up!

got my windows changed last wednesday! :)

from this....

P1030919.jpg

to this......

P1040259.jpg

and finally.. to this! :)

P1040276.jpg

it's really normal looking.. but it's amazing how the window changes the outlook of the entire house.. can't wait to see other changes as well...

on a separate note....

after the window was hacked, i was looking at a certain crack below my window and i found out that i could actually peel off the paint!!!

like this...

P1040280.jpg

seriously, is this even normal?!?!!? painter says he DID scrap off the paint prior to painting... my idea is that if i stick a hook or something on the wall next time, the whole patch of paint will be pulled off if i try to put off the hook!! am i not right!!?!?

woah !! this is serious sh*t man !! paint is NOT sticking to the wall (Where got so easy to peel off one?). something is very wrong. must 8| them ...

Edited by othello

yeap, today we peeled even more off, the more we peel the more frustrated we are.

The above picture shows the area below the kitchen windows. Within a few mins, we easily peeled off 50% of that area. Our hands got itchy again today and peeled off some more.

Also, painter claimed that sealant was applied. We sprayed water and no beading was observed.

Apparantly they are taking us for a ride and hoping that we don't notice it.

Luckily baby has sharp eyes ;) and we will do a 200% check this time round for all their works.

on a separate note....

after the window was hacked, i was looking at a certain crack below my window and i found out that i could actually peel off the paint!!!

like this...

P1040280.jpg

seriously, is this even normal?!?!!? painter says he DID scrap off the paint prior to painting... my idea is that if i stick a hook or something on the wall next time, the whole patch of paint will be pulled off if i try to put off the hook!! am i not right!!?!?

Intolerable :curse:

Intolerable :curse:

oh yah.. very tired over this whole painting issue oso... i would have thought a professional painter to know what to do and what is the right thing to do... now i can't do my electrical or anything else... ****... :bangwall:

oh yah.. very tired over this whole painting issue oso... i would have thought a professional painter to know what to do and what is the right thing to do... now i can't do my electrical or anything else... ****... :bangwall:

Oh my God, this is not consider as painting.

It just like sticking a paper with water, once the water is dry, then ................... :help:

How is their progress now? Are they doing it in proper way now?

Really curious about this, cause my paint job will be start around next 10 days.

Oh my God, this is not consider as painting.

It just like sticking a paper with water, once the water is dry, then ................... :help:

How is their progress now? Are they doing it in proper way now?

Really curious about this, cause my paint job will be start around next 10 days.

oh yah.. u can really understand how i feel?? haizz...

they will be repainting everything today... so shall see how things goes...

i'm giving them a final chance...

will see if they scrap off all the old paint and scrap off or not...

wow you really ought to share who did your painting so we can steer clear of them..if you prefer, maybe drop me a PM or something..

hahah.. i dropped you a PM... :)

oh yah.. u can really understand how i feel?? haizz...

they will be repainting everything today... so shall see how things goes...

i'm giving them a final chance...

will see if they scrap off all the old paint and scrap off or not...

Hope they will do it properly this time.

It is realy waste of time getting this kind of contractor.