69 replies to this topic

#41 MKsoo

MKsoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (liewsc @ Jun 24 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dun think lizard is a pest, they are quite useful to reduce insect like ants in your house. The only problem is the dropping....

agreed, if they can just do it outside the house, i will leave them alone ... but curse.gif
i'm staying at the Top floor of a 33 yo flat .... i can easliy catch 3 to 4 a day .....

- if they are outside the house - i will spray water at them till they drop from the ceiling ..then bottom.gif

- if they are inside the house and i cannot reach them ... throw newspaper or small item toward them, they will jump/drop from the ceiling .. then bottom.gif

good.gif

mk

#42 tcprincess75@hotmail.com

tcprincess75@hotmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:10 PM

I hate Lizards, especially with the HDB lightning just outside my house gate, 2 fat lizards will always waiting for me every night...argh. Always ask my neighbour to catch for me...keke. Finally (touch wood) the Lizards are gone for at least a month after hubby bought the "RIDSECT LIZARD REPELLENT" from NTUC and the Lizards seems to disppear, now I don't have phobia with Lizard outside my house (hope it don't appear again). Hubby spary at the main gate one big round but it will have white stain so advise to spary on the wall. Also when hubby said a lizard, he tried to spray and the lizard escape quite fast..keke. You can try to use it, hopefully it is effective too. The cap is yellow in color and bottle is green with few lizards picture.

#43 matrix0405

matrix0405

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:47 PM

Anybody successfully used double sided tape to trap lizard? Are double sided tape strong enough to stick the lizard? Example, place 2 strips of tape in the path where they usually travel, 2 strip to provide more stickiness. Can work?

#44 esparto

esparto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:50 PM

i bought those sticky lizard trap and it comes with a packet of their food. One night I'm able to have 4 lizards trapped in it. What i hate most is their ****. All over my kitchen cabinet and floor every morning.

#45 amylim

amylim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:13 AM

Get a pet. My housecat is good with catching roaches and all. Lizards seem to disappear whenever there's a pet in the house.

#46 gimz63251073

gimz63251073

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:47 AM

usually they are attracted by food...just throw leftovers food away or keep in fridge.

for those with altars...hmm...no choice la...

closing windows at night helps alot.

#47 matrix0405

matrix0405

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:46 PM

Lizards like the behind of bookcase, wall painting etc. As long as there is a gap between the wall and a panel, they feel safe there, you cannot see them but when u are too near, they will spring a surprise on you by 'jumping' out. Is there something/chemical/spray we can put/paint/ apply behind these panel to discourage lizards.

#48 edenstrauss

edenstrauss

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:12 AM

Lizards aren't classified as pests by the pest control professionals. However, their presence could wreak havoc becox of the noice & the "sourvenirs" they leave on the walls & furnishings!!

Thus far, all those lizard repellants in the commercial market do not work well.

Edited by edenstrauss, 28 November 2010 - 12:12 AM.

#49 dean

dean

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:51 PM

오랜만이야! 모두들 즐거운 크리스마스보내세요~~~ The lizard 下我一跳。

#50 blue_skies

blue_skies

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (dean @ Dec 25 2010, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
오랜만이야! 모두들 즐거운 크리스마스보내세요~~~ The lizard 下我一跳。

Eh? Kimchi eating lizards? biggrin.gif

#51 edenstrauss

edenstrauss

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:17 PM

Hi dean,

U mean that ur lizards at home ate up ur kimchi??? unsure.gif

wah, ur lizards there r surely very intelligent! biggrin.gif Maybe those were pregnant lizards in want of sour stuff to eat kimchi, kekekeke...

I just washed one baby lizard down the drain in my bathroom when I was washing up the place.

Edited by edenstrauss, 26 December 2010 - 03:18 PM.

#52 dean

dean

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (edenstrauss @ Dec 26 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi dean,

U mean that ur lizards at home ate up ur kimchi??? unsure.gif

wah, ur lizards there r surely very intelligent! biggrin.gif Maybe those were pregnant lizards in want of sour stuff to eat kimchi, kekekeke...

I just washed one baby lizard down the drain in my bathroom when I was washing up the place.

Wat talking u? Please Don't assume wrongly. I never say Kimchi. When did lizard eat kimchi why I don't know.
Those Korean mean it's long time ya. Happy merry Xmas.
FYI, I never see any lizard in my house.

Edited by dean, 26 December 2010 - 03:55 PM.

#53 dean

dean

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (blue_skies @ Dec 25 2010, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh? Kimchi eating lizards? biggrin.gif

U mean lizard eat your kimchi? I didn't say kimchi. Didnt see any lizard

#54 blue_skies

blue_skies

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (dean @ Dec 26 2010, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wat talking u? Please Don't assume wrongly. I never say Kimchi. When did lizard eat kimchi why I don't know.

Oh I see - I was wondering what those korean words meant, and I thought your lizards started having a liking for Korean stuff biggrin.gif Hahaha! Sorry for the misunderstanding. Belated merry x'mas to you too!

#55 edenstrauss

edenstrauss

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:33 AM

Hey merry xmas to u smile.gif

My flats have lizards on & off.

And recently, many babies... maybe the lizards like to come to our flat & lay eggs tongue.gif

When I was a kid, the lizards lay eggs inside the hollow of the bamboo pole & when my mother brought down the bamboo pole from the stell hangers attached to the ceiling, the eggs rolled out! Yukks!!!

#56 gimz63251073

gimz63251073

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:17 AM

i think lizards eat cockroaches and some other pests.

So when u have a lizard problem, u would probably have a lot of other hidden pests. Or u have fruits at altar attracting lizards...

When i was doing renovation, there were tons of cockroach eggs behind kitchen cabinets and there were quite a few very very fat lizards. Now that we got rid of the eggs and cockroaches, lizards are no longer seen.

Alternatively u can get the glue for catching rats, stick some biscuit crumbs on it and u would be able to catch some lizards. This can control but cannot exterminate.

Cheers!

#57 edenstrauss

edenstrauss

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:31 PM

I also have that idea that my flat must have many pests hidden inside the trunkings becox those lizards always squeeze thru those electrical trunkings. smile.gif

But when we looked over, we have a very clean flat - no ants, no flies tongue.gif Becox the lizards helped us to clear them all smile.gif However, I did notice those really tiny, black insects moving in my toilets, in between tile cracks - what r those?

There is this gray lizard that stays in my money plant which I placed at the lift lobby. But lately, our friend disppeared, duno what happened. Maybe migrated?

We saw cockroaches 2x when staying in our flat - one was the American type that flies around. EEEEEks! And I was told that they stink. yuks!

Edited by edenstrauss, 27 December 2010 - 12:32 PM.

#58 gimz63251073

gimz63251073

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:42 PM

lizards are immune to insecticide...i wonder why.

once a lizard fell into the kitchen sink, no matter how much i spray, the lizard still bo chup the insecticide.
the only thing is that the insecticide made the sink slippery, so the lizard could not run out.

cockroaches are disgusting... my block did fumigation not long ago, so many dead bodies lying around all over the place. The cockroaches also like to lay eggs along the walls of the rubbish chute. I spotted and removed 2 eggs already, but the cockroach laid them again, at the same spot some more...... argghh... pek chek...

#59 benlauhh

benlauhh

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:48 PM

The home remedy of using cracked eggshells will work - tried and tested.
It is the lizards prey/predatory instinct that when they smell/see the eggshells, they will avoid the area as they know they will be fodder for the chicken.

After carefully cracking the eggs for cooking (preferably in halves), place the eggshells around the areas where you know there will be lizards crawling about (near windows, corners, etc).
Observe for the next few days if any activity.
You should leave the eggshells there for 1 week.

It is also true that lizards prey on mozzies although not quite with the same efficiency with your insect sprays.

#60 mafacifa

mafacifa

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:06 PM

u can try lemongrass spray. lizards hate the smell. u can get the spray from JB, not sure where in SG got sell. or u can DIY.

#61 vampire5

vampire5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:29 PM

Not sure if lizards eat Kimchi , but I personally vouch that they may take fresh green vegetables dropped on the kitchen floor ,out of desperation - why i say that ?
BCos that is how I know I have house lizards , when I saw one lizard grabbing a green vege stalk and rushed back under my Fridge ...
I was doing work on my laptop and that lizard tot no one is around... Yah lah , I thought I will pick that up later and throw away when I make time.. you see...

Then my silly idea came - as I tried to use those leftover cockroach sticky pad ( from NTUC ) to trap that lizard one afternoon and within 2mins , that lizard actually dragged the whole trap beneath my Fridge.. that is meant for cockroach, you see...
I only used a few grains of overnight white rice.. wow.. so that lizard detected it so fast. Thanks to a long metal ruler ( yikes ) and the sticky pad I dragged that fellow out easily beneath the fridge ... cheers!

#62 dean

dean

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (vampire5 @ Dec 28 2010, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure if lizards eat Kimchi , but I personally vouch that they may take fresh green vegetables dropped on the kitchen floor ,out of desperation - why i say that ?
BCos that is how I know I have house lizards , when I saw one lizard grabbing a green vege stalk and rushed back under my Fridge ...
I was doing work on my laptop and that lizard tot no one is around... Yah lah , I thought I will pick that up later and throw away when I make time.. you see...

Then my silly idea came - as I tried to use those leftover cockroach sticky pad ( from NTUC ) to trap that lizard one afternoon and within 2mins , that lizard actually dragged the whole trap beneath my Fridge.. that is meant for cockroach, you see...
I only used a few grains of overnight white rice.. wow.. so that lizard detected it so fast. Thanks to a long metal ruler ( yikes ) and the sticky pad I dragged that fellow out easily beneath the fridge ... cheers!

interesting story! but hor my house no kimchi, i don't eat kimchi and don't do cooking not even boil water. it is a good idea to put sticky pad. do u seal dustbin chute?

#63 bellyheng

bellyheng

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (dean @ Dec 28 2010, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
interesting story! but hor my house no kimchi, i don't eat kimchi and don't do cooking not even boil water. it is a good idea to put sticky pad. do u seal dustbin chute?

I put this at each corner of my house to drive them away
八角
Give it a try, its cheap and easily available.
Crush them for better effect.

Edited by bellyheng, 30 December 2010 - 03:54 PM.

#64 edenstrauss

edenstrauss

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

hey thanks for sharing all these remedies... I'll be trying them out...

I could recall how this fat lizard clung on to my newly washed long pants hunging at the kitchen balcony near the windows!!!!

Yuks!!!

#65 forgotten

forgotten

Gold Member

• RenoTalk Global Moderators
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (vampire5 @ Dec 28 2010, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I always thought all lizards are carnivores (eat only only mossies and smaller pests). So your house lizards are vegetarians LOL! biggrin.gif It seems that vegetarian lizards are smarter leh.

I hardly see lizards at home, maybe 1 lizard every 2 months. Last week, I discovered one lizard in my fridge! It was alive and moving a bit. tongue.gif I left the fridge door open for about 10min for it to get out of fridge leh but it didn't want to. In the end, my hubby just grabbed it with a plastic bag. So I guess my house lizards love 4 degree celsius environment instead of humid warm environment now?

Edited by forgotten, 31 December 2010 - 02:48 AM.

#66 forgotten

forgotten

Gold Member

• 1,089 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (dean @ Dec 28 2010, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then u drink water from tap directly?

#67 dean

dean

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (forgotten @ Dec 31 2010, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then u drink water from tap directly?

drink mineral water and diamond water.
yuks! dead lizard.

#68 Honeygal

Honeygal

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (forgotten @ Dec 31 2010, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always thought all lizards are carnivores (eat only only mossies and smaller pests). So your house lizards are vegetarians LOL! biggrin.gif It seems that vegetarian lizards are smarter leh.

I hardly see lizards at home, maybe 1 lizard every 2 months. Last week, I discovered one lizard in my fridge! It was alive and moving a bit. tongue.gif I left the fridge door open for about 10min for it to get out of fridge leh but it didn't want to. In the end, my hubby just grabbed it with a plastic bag. So I guess my house lizards love 4 degree celsius environment instead of humid warm environment now?

how did the liquid enter your fridge???????????? OMG, i am so scared now coz my fridge is not tight at all. coz i can smell some food items even when it is closed!

#69 matrix0405

matrix0405

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

How abt using hair spray? Those that can turn your hair into solid as a rock. Spray on the lizard and the lizard will 'solidify' (not dead) and hence easy to catch and remove.

#70 forgotten

forgotten

Gold Member

• 1,089 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Honeygal @ Dec 31 2010, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how did the liquid enter your fridge???????????? OMG, i am so scared now coz my fridge is not tight at all. coz i can smell some food items even when it is closed!

My fridge door is tight tight.

My tenants like to open the fridge often everyday. It has many chances to sneak in haha.

Designer Furniture and Ligthing Online Store Singapore

Renovator: Renovation Budget: