Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sin77

Whole House Rewiring

on a side note, how much just for air-con point?? Do I need 3 points for 3 bedrooms or just one will do? First time doing air-con point.. was told by some air-con sales-person that one point is 189.00 (contractor) + $$$ PUB inspection total would amount to some 300+.... Sure or not?? I was doubtful so I was hesitate to even buy the air-con from him.... Any pointers?

$90~$120 not conceal. u only need 1 20amp air-con isolator point for all the units and use an electrician not contractor. If u want PUB inspection mean that u need to engage a LEW to do the wiring, diagram and submit the application to SP services for inspection date. 1st time free, if failed the inspection, the next time asking them to inspect will be charged a fee. Normally ask for inspection is for whole house re-wiring, but for a point only, yes u can ask for it.....if u think worth it.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Wow Jaskel, your elect rates are pretty impressive.. Care to share the contact? TIA!

Hi Jaskel, can pm me the contact for the elect work?

thanks in advance...

Hi Jaskel, can pm me the contact for the elect work?

thanks in advance...

To all,

I'm not giving my electrician no. to anyone anymore. Cos my electrician complaint to me, he had been making wasted trips to owners' hse to give a quote and in return, most of them use the quotation to press down their contractors or ID electrical work pricing. So I see no point of recommend or passing the contact at all. In fact, I had tested it myself and most of the owners really do it this way, so it was a wasting of time for us to go down and quote.

This is the quote for my electrician, if the price is ok for u, then PM me, once my electrician goes down, is to sign quotation. If not, don't bother to ask for contact at all.

Lighting Point x 30

$25 x 30 = $750

1 x 13A power point x 3

$45 x 3 = $135

2 x 13A power point X 21

$50 x 21 = $1050

1 x 15A Air con point X 2

$90

TV point X 3

$90 x 3 = $270

Tel point X 2

$45 x 2 = $90

Data point X 4

$150 x 4 = $600

Door bell point & install X 1

$25

Cooker & hood point X 2

$80 x 2 = $160

Earth bonding (water & gas pipe) X 2

$180

Shift DB 15ft X 1

$90

New set 40A DB X 1

$320

Install cornices lighting X2 4

$10 x 24 = $240

Install ceiling lighting X 9

$10 x 9 = $90

Regards

jaskel

Edited by jaskel

To all,

I'm not giving my electrician no. to anyone anymore. Cos my electrician complaint to me, he had been making wasted trips to owners' hse to give a quote and in return, most of them use the quotation to press down their contractors or ID electrical work pricing. So I see no point of recommend or passing the contact at all. In fact, I had tested it myself and most of the owners really do it this way, so it was a wasting of time for us to go down and quote.

This is the quote for my electrician, if the price is ok for u, then PM me, once my electrician goes down, is to sign quotation. If not, don't bother to ask for contact at all.

Regards

jaskel

Finally you have waken up, congrat ! Good intention has no good return, right? Especially young couples nowsday, they compare, compare & compare. Like to "have suppliers/contractor on", ended no deal.

Edited by bepgof

To all,

Lighting Point x 30

$25 x 30 = $750

1 x 13A power point x 3

$45 x 3 = $135

2 x 13A power point X 21

$50 x 21 = $1050

1 x 15A Air con point X 2

$90

TV point X 3

$90 x 3 = $270

Tel point X 2

$45 x 2 = $90

Data point X 4

$150 x 4 = $600

Door bell point & install X 1

$25

Cooker & hood point X 2

$80 x 2 = $160

Earth bonding (water & gas pipe) X 2

$180

Shift DB 15ft X 1

$90

New set 40A DB X 1

$320

Install cornices lighting X2 4

$10 x 24 = $240

Install ceiling lighting X 9

$10 x 9 = $90

Regards

jaskel

Does the quote including switches?

Finally you have waken up, congrat ! Good intention has no good return, right? Especially young couples nowsday, they compare, compare & compare. Like to "have suppliers/contractor on", ended no deal.

Good intention didn't mean I want a return cos in the first place, there's no any profit at all with that type of pricing. Just don't like to being made use of. U do understand that young couples nowadays, they compare, compare and compare, and I believe most Singaporean compare anything or everything most of the time. Everyone want good and cheap but they didn't know cheap doesn't mean good. And renotalk is a place where a lots comparing their price. That's why I don't sell my services here.

Does the quote including switches?

Standard MK or clipsal switches, not those fancy, colourful types.

U do understand that young couples nowadays, they compare, compare and compare, and I believe most Singaporean compare anything or everything most of the time.

of coz..this is what makes us singaporean...its our identity!

Everyone want good and cheap but they didn't know cheap doesn't mean good. And renotalk is a place where a lots comparing their price.

WELL SAID! couldn't agree more!

That's why I don't sell my services here.

ya..thanks for confusing me earlier...

Edited by titanax

hi Jaskel:

I want to install 3/4 ceiling fan. How much it cost? I will buy the ceiling fan and I need electrician to install for me as my house currently dun have ceiling fan point , only lighting.

Good intention didn't mean I want a return cos in the first place, there's no any profit at all with that type of pricing. Just don't like to being made use of. U do understand that young couples nowadays, they compare, compare and compare, and I believe most Singaporean compare anything or everything most of the time. Everyone want good and cheap but they didn't know cheap doesn't mean good. And renotalk is a place where a lots comparing their price. That's why I don't sell my services here.

totally agree wif u.

young Singaporeans nowadays have a diff set of ethics n conduct code. they compare, find the lowest prices, den go back to the one they wanna buy from and press their price down, quoting the lowest price they found. those who are able to charge lower rates by being more efficient and having a lower bottom-line are thus not rewarded wif more business, and income. in the end, these businesses suffer and over time, they either wise up and start charging same as others, or go out of business. den where are these youngsters going to find the lowest price from? tsk tsk tsk....*shake head*....

i asked 3 electricians to quote for my plc, including my ID's electrician. i gave the project to jaskel's contact even though i will probably upgrade the switches and end up paying maybe the same amount as wat 1 of the other electrician quoted me. reason being? not cos he's jaskel's contact, but rather, cos he offered good advice. advice that the other 2 electrician didn highlight to me. it was sth tt might have affected my reno timeline, which is extremely tight for me.

a lot of times while shopping for my stuff, i've been served by very good salespeople wif good prices as well. i'm still trying to decide hw to reward as many of them as possible. perhaps the best way is to buy a few items frm each shop, instead of everything frm 1 shop. and even if i do buy all frm 1 shop, i dun believe in telling them to match the lowest prices for items whr their price is not the lowest. every biz needs to make money, every salesman need to earn their commission. i understand this perfectly cos i used to be in sales for a long time.

and yes, cheap is not always good, and good is not always cheap.

Need all of your expertise here.

What are the things we have to look out for in rewiring and hidden cost involved?

What is the purpose of PUB testing? Does it mean an electrician without EMA cert cannot apply for PUB test?

What is the purpose of earth bonding?

And how do we define as good or bad

The prices ranges are too wide. Why are some electricians charging rocket sky prices when rewiring is a standard job.

ps for asking so much questions.

Edited by idealistic