Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cheerful

Any Experience With Inspiration ID Aka Chng Poh Guan Renovation Construction?

Hi,

I would like to hear owners who have their flats renovated by Inspiration?Inspiration ID is registered under Chng Poh Guan Renovation Construction.

Appreciate your comments as I am considering Inspiration ID to renovation my new 4 room HDB flat.

Thank you :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I would like to hear owners who have their flats renovated by Inspiration?Inspiration ID is registered under Chng Poh Guan Renovation Construction.

Appreciate your comments as I am considering Inspiration ID to renovation my new 4 room HDB flat.

Thank you :)

HI,

Me too, went to their office in Yishun and got the quotation now, price wise, ok, and the person who liasing wt me seems reliabe, but not too sure abt their workmanship and design.

Anyone can advise?

Hi, has anyone had experience with the above firm?

I bumped into one of their project coordinators Mr. Toh at our block and actually went to see one of their flats under renovation. Carpentry looks good, but I'm new to all these, and so, looking around for friend's recommendations and also forumer's feedback.

I haven't seen many posts on them. I am 50-50 set on using them, although I haven't checked out one of my friend's recommendations as he is overseas.

Please share if you know, thanks!

Hi, all. Quite surprised not many people gave their feedback.

I finally met up with Mr. Toh, one of their project coordinators (they manage the workers and schedule) and he arranged to see some of their ongoing projects in SengKang.

I'm quite pleased to see the quality of work like the carpentry (kitchen cabinets) are good, and he even recommended if I worry about dampness even though the wood is solid plywood with the trimmings, I can add a cement/tile construction specially for the sink area.

He is a contractor, so he definitely knows the detailed work, but of course, not being a designer, he won't give you many many ideas. I thought their package is quite comprehensive, but I'd post in another thread to help check what's ex or what's value-for-money....

Hope to start renovations soon.... waiting for the appointment to get our keys...

Hi, please comment on the package is competitive or not, thanks! Package of S$12,388 in total.

CARPENTRY WORKS

* 20FT Laminate Kitchen cabinet (top & bottom)

* All internal carcass and panel doors is Solid plywood / * ABS Trimming for door panels

* 01 set of stainless steel Dish Rack / * 01 set of Glass panel doors

* Supply & install solid surface top for Kitchen work top (10 FT)

CARPENTRY WORKS FOR ROOMS

* New 5ft built in wardrobe with laminate. Solid plywood for room 2 (sliding door)

* New 5ft built in wardrobe with laminate. Solid plywood for room 3 (sliding door)

CARPENTRY WORKS FOR MBR

* New 6ft built in wardrobe with laminate. Solid plywood (Sliding door)

COOKER HOOD & HOB

* 01 no. cooker hood & 01 no. cooker hob

MASONARY WORK

* 50mm height cabinet base

* 50mm height fridge and washing. Machine base with tiles finished

PLUMBING WORK

* Install inlet and outlet piping for Kitchen cabinet Sink

* Install inlet and outlet piping for washing machine

* Labour to install water Heater

* Labour to install 2 sets of toilet accessories

* Supply & install kitchen sink & tap

WINDOW (150 SQ/FT)

* Supply and install Alum. Window grille for whole unit with selected design.

Air-Con

* System 3 in 1 (Branded)

* Unlimited Aircon Ducting

* 5 years warranty

ELECTRICAL WORKS

* Labour to install ceiling lights by HDB original light point

PAINTING WORKS

* ICI or Nippon Paints

* Up to 4 colours for wall & all ceiling white

* Painting of all sewerage pipes

* Painting of all doors & frames & main metal gate

Mine is done by Mr. Toh too. He will always do his best to rectify any workmanship problems and follow up on the reno.

Thanks for the tips, Jimz16.

A new cluster of new HDB flats at Bendeemer just released their keys to owners, and this firm has one of the early bird's showflat at Blk 38C, 12 floor. Mr. Toh is there most of the time, and he asked me to go see what' they've done. Its more of the level of carpentry work than the design you will see coz the owner didn't want to do too many things, but what this is the latest sample of their work including wardrobe and kitchen cabinet. I was surprised to see an altar cabinet, but surprised too, the item was well designed.

For those who PMed me, you can just drop by and call Mr. Toh at: 81027846.

Thanks for the tips, Jimz16.

A new cluster of new HDB flats at Bendeemer just released their keys to owners, and this firm has one of the early bird's showflat at Blk 38C, 12 floor. Mr. Toh is there most of the time, and he asked me to go see what' they've done. Its more of the level of carpentry work than the design you will see coz the owner didn't want to do too many things, but what this is the latest sample of their work including wardrobe and kitchen cabinet. I was surprised to see an altar cabinet, but surprised too, the item was well designed.

For those who PMed me, you can just drop by and call Mr. Toh at: 81027846.

my flat is at bendemeer. considering this offer and wonder how his workmanship is.

my flat is at bendemeer. considering this offer and wonder how his workmanship is.

Well, that's great, you can check out the showflats there while you survey your new place...

I had the chance to see their carpenters at work when they were putting up the solid surface top on the kitchen cabinets, and the metal trimmings on the feature wall, and mounting the frosted glass onto the TV console.

I was quite impressed that they have pride in their work, and the worker adjusted the shoe cabinet (full height) doors a few times to get the alignment right so that the left and right doors are flushed in the horizontal. I thought that they would be more or less treating it as "another job" and jaded by now, but they were going about diligently despite the "superglue" smell. When I asked them questions on the length of the altar table, the width of the cabinets, they were also very happy and polite to give me answers.

The joints on the solid surface top were not visible (there is a L-Shape) and I couldn't fault the masonry work on the raised tiles on the kitchen and wet areas. I did notice the owner went all out and chose different colour and texture of the laminates for the wardrobe all 3 rooms (also painted in different colours) - not something I would have done, but for me, as a visitor I was glad they did because I had a very good idea what types of laminates I prefer, and how to complement using the metal trimmings and colours.

They use anti-slam hinges (not Blum, I guess if really want you can buy yourself) but after seeing half a dozen kitchen cabinets including Blum, surprisingly, I prefer theirs because the Blum ones take forever to close, and I thought theirs were soft auto-closing were okay (not too slow). I was imaging kids running around in the kitchen and you want those edges to close faster in case you turn around after releasing a door, and a kid just comes and runs into a cabinet door not closing fast enough... Just my preference. I would consider however, replace the frosted glass lid for the dishwasher area using Blum hinge flip up-type though. I like the idea the lid can stay in position any angle, and not go all the way up everytime.

Edited by angkt

Hi 'angkt', thanks for the recommendation... will call this Mr toh tomorrow, am looking for a contractor to redo my kitchen, with blum system and many ID firms are not interested in doing my business...one even told me outright that they dont do minor reno at all!!!!

And when i asked them to quote for my very small kitchen, this is my 1st quote:

1. hack existing cabinet

2. intall 11 ft top and bottom cabinets with solid plywood- $2700

3. Cresto solid op 9 ft -$900

4. 3 small blum drawers, 4 medium drawers- $900

Total: maybe ard $5k, including helping to stall basin, hob etc.... Is it ex??

sigh..

Well, that's great, you can check out the showflats there while you survey your new place...

I had the chance to see their carpenters at work when they were putting up the solid surface top on the kitchen cabinets, and the metal trimmings on the feature wall, and mounting the frosted glass onto the TV console.

I was quite impressed that they have pride in their work, and the worker adjusted the shoe cabinet (full height) doors a few times to get the alignment right so that the left and right doors are flushed in the horizontal. I thought that they would be more or less treating it as "another job" and jaded by now, but they were going about diligently despite the "superglue" smell. When I asked them questions on the length of the altar table, the width of the cabinets, they were also very happy and polite to give me answers.

The joints on the solid surface top were not visible (there is a L-Shape) and I couldn't fault the masonry work on the raised tiles on the kitchen and wet areas. I did notice the owner went all out and chose different colour and texture of the laminates for the wardrobe all 3 rooms (also painted in different colours) - not something I would have done, but for me, as a visitor I was glad they did because I had a very good idea what types of laminates I prefer, and how to complement using the metal trimmings and colours.

They use anti-slam hinges (not Blum, I guess if really want you can buy yourself) but after seeing half a dozen kitchen cabinets including Blum, surprisingly, I prefer theirs because the Blum ones take forever to close, and I thought theirs were soft auto-closing were okay (not too slow). I was imaging kids running around in the kitchen and you want those edges to close faster in case you turn around after releasing a door, and a kid just comes and runs into a cabinet door not closing fast enough... Just my preference. I would consider however, replace the frosted glass lid for the dishwasher area using Blum hinge flip up-type though. I like the idea the lid can stay in position any angle, and not go all the way up everytime.

Hi 'angkt', thanks for the recommendation... will call this Mr toh tomorrow, am looking for a contractor to redo my kitchen, with blum system and many ID firms are not interested in doing my business...one even told me outright that they dont do minor reno at all!!!!

And when i asked them to quote for my very small kitchen, this is my 1st quote:

1. hack existing cabinet

2. intall 11 ft top and bottom cabinets with solid plywood- $2700

3. Cresto solid op 9 ft -$900

4. 3 small blum drawers, 4 medium drawers- $900

Total: maybe ard $5k, including helping to stall basin, hob etc.... Is it ex??

sigh..

Not sure of the details, but I do feel that its ex (but because I have no experience with hacking costing).

Well... best way to find out is to give Mr. Toh a call and ask I guess.

Hi, has anyone had experience with the above firm?

I bumped into one of their project coordinators Mr. Toh at our block and actually went to see one of their flats under renovation. Carpentry looks good, but I'm new to all these, and so, looking around for friend's recommendations and also forumer's feedback.

I haven't seen many posts on them. I am 50-50 set on using them, although I haven't checked out one of my friend's recommendations as he is overseas.

Please share if you know, thanks!

Hi, ye all! Anyway, just collected my keys and I have finally settled on engaging Mr Toh/Chng Poh Guan to do up my flat.

I'd post my experience with the various contractors and this company since I find it strange they're not written up much in this forum. I hope my intuition with them, and the months of scanning and deliberation will pay off.

Meanwhile, please continue to share with me if you have experience to share. Thanks!

Hello

I hope your reno is going on smoothly, care to update us on whether his works are up to standard.. seeing your reno cost, it dun sound like hes extorting money from the client.

Ill be getting my keys next week, and I haven decided on a contractor yet..ahhhhh...If Mr Toh is good based on your ongoing experience, then I might give him a call.

:rolleyes: