Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Clement08

Looking For Good Designer(s)/renovation Contractors

Dear Forumers,

According to HDB information, the probable date of completion of my new flat will be ready 4th Qtr 2010 at Clementi Area. Has anyone engaged IDs/Contractors with office in Clementi area, eg like, BS Design & Build, Straegic Interior Design, Prestige Ideas Renovation Contr., Megatrends Design & Decor, Lee Design & Associates, Suntracks Concept, Design Inn, Masbe Interior Design & Decor, etc., Care to have some feedback/s. You can also recommend a contractor/ID with good designing & workmenship, not necessary office to be in Clementi. From the forum, so far I had read some good contractors like, Intra Design, The Interior Place (ID May - quote very detail, but a bit forgetful, maybe due to tight schedule) and Summit Design Studio (ID William Wong) which I have also take note of, and I think still got many others. Thank you in advance and look forward for your valuable feedback/s.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, it's all depend on the chemistry btw the Id and you, comfort zone, concept style recommended, etc... there were afew teams such as Chew interior and sky that do impress me with their work but eventually, i decided to sign up with Ben zdesign studio. Maybe you can go to their website and take a look.

Hi All,

I am a new bird in this forum. Any idea why i post a topic but I can't find it in the forum? Is it it takes 1 to 2 day for it to be posted?. Sorry to disturb your topic.

I currently also looking for IDs, spoke to a few still considering, my relative has a very very very bad experience with renovation contractors... thus I am also like you trying to gather feedback....I am considering AX IMAGE, the designer is Lawrence. Any Feedback? Clement, Good luck to you on your RENO!!

Edited by chenrufeng

Hi All,

I am a new bird in this forum. Any idea why i post a topic but I can't find it in the forum? Is it it takes 1 to 2 day for it to be posted?. Sorry to disturb your topic.

I currently also looking for IDs, spoke to a few still considering, my relative has a very very very bad experience with renovation contractors... thus I am also like you trying to gather feedback..... I am considering AX IMAGE, the designer is Lawrence. Any Feedback? Clement, Good luck to you on your RENO!!

Edited by chenrufeng

Thanks Ginna for ur feedback.

Hi, it's all depend on the chemistry btw the Id and you, comfort zone, concept style recommended, etc... there were afew teams such as Chew interior and sky that do impress me with their work but eventually, i decided to sign up with Ben zdesign studio. Maybe you can go to their website and take a look.

Hi Chenrufeng,

I also dunno why, I posted in May 29, only today someone pm me, then I realised tat my posting was posted. This is my second time renovating a house. My first time was 20 years back, that is my current house (resale). I remember at tat time I look for 3 contractors, from there, I selected 1 out of the 3. During the renov only some small hiccups, but satisfied with the overall renovation. I thought of calling the same contractor, but I think the firm no-longer exiting. Wat sort of bad experience did have with renovation contractors and wat make u consider AX Image, care to share please. Thanks.

Hi All,

I currently also looking for IDs, spoke to a few still considering, my relative has a very very very bad experience with renovation contractors... thus I am also like you trying to gather feedback....I am considering AX IMAGE, the designer is Lawrence. Any Feedback? Clement, Good luck to you on your RENO!!

Guys,

I have to agree that having a good relationship with your ID goes a long way. When I first started looking out for an ID couple of years back, I squirreled around Balestier and spoke to many firms before settling on my current ID. What impressed me was despite the small scale of my request, the boss Tony Tan, took the effort and time to speak with me personally. Even before a cent was paid, he came down personally to assess and take measurements.

Over the years, after a couple of mini home improvement projects, I have come to view Tony as more than an ID, but a friend. He recently remodeled my kitchen for me, and I have been getting "oohs" and "ahhs" from my mates.

So the moral of the story is pretty simple, talk to your perspective ID, understand their concepts, try to feel whether this person is sincere and has passion for what he/she does. As for quality and after sales support, that's something only others can share with you at this point.

Hopefully, you'll be able to have a good experience with your ID.

If you want to speak with Tony, you can call him at 9090 3444. Alternatively, visit their website at www.titan.sg

Kelvin

Hi Nguandi,

Be glad to address this. You may contact me at kelvin.teo@citrix.com (my company email) if you wish to ascertain that this is not a form of self advertisement.

Kelvin

Hi Nguandi,

Be glad to address this. You may contact me at kelvin.teo@citrix.com (my company email) if you wish to ascertain that this is not a form of self advertisement.

Kelvin

Hi Kelvin,

Apology if you are a genuine home owners.

In this forum, there are too many new users who register and self-advertise (the black sheep). It's better to be careful because in reno, home owners would always be in disadvantage.

The standard practise usually if the user is a genuine home owners, the user would post photos of the home after the ID reno.

Cheers

I pm you already

hi gas, r u advertising for yourself ? BenzD* studio ?

saw your posting on the 'BLOG' section

Edited by Reno Guru

Hi im looking for an id any recommendation?

perhaps you can consider Angeline from Intradesign > [remove the contact]

my experience with her has been good so far and she is renovating my house now

my friend hired her few mths back with good testimony

good luck :)