Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
floppy

Our Home In Punggol: Treelodge@punggol

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey I am going to stay there too...

Tell me about the toilet tiles.. sigh what the **** is hdb thinking or rather, the constructor thinking..

Any idea what you going to do to make the toilet nicer???

mastertoilet1.jpg

yup. it's a tap on the toilet bowl. every time you flush, a portion of the water (18%) will flow through that tap before ending up in the toilet bowl below for the next flush. guess it's meant for us to wash hand or something :D the whole ideal is to go in line with eco-friendliness (re-use) as the precinct is meant to be eco-friendly (first hdb's green mark platinium award).

p/s: personally, i find it less than useful :P

:huh: har?? :huh:

every time u flush...

Water will come out of that weird tap on top of the toilet?

If i close toilet seat cover how?

Will water splash everywhere?

:o :o

Sorry for this late post.

Just got back from my holidays :D

kor69: The toilet seat won't affect the tap operation, so it's quite ok actually (except that it looks f@#$ ugly with that tap there). BTW, we'll be having the same ID/contractor, i.e. Jaskel, as well. So, I'll probably be popping by your t-blog to look look see see :lol:

On the topic of keys, we are glad that our house keys came in a nice looking pouch. While it may not make much of a difference to the keys, it does make us feel better after paying a @#$% high price for what is essentially 'public' housing.

Keypouch.jpg

Thesetofkeys-letterboxmaindoorandmaingat

In additional to the key pouch, HDB also provided us with a document holder to keep all the important documents (i.e. stack of stuff we didn't bother to read) neatly. HDB service standard has definitely improved :D (but I wonder who is paying for these anyway?)

Stacksofdocuments.jpg

Well I'm guessing it's the $10 that everyone has put in...

Well I'm guessing it's the $10 that everyone has put in...

Well, that's probably right (and most people have probably contributed more than $10) :D

i serious dun understand how come when they lay the wall tiles for kitchen, they have to add in a few tiles of different colours running along the middle.. it looks weird n old-fashioned lo.. give me a real headache on how i can hide these wall tiles.. hmm.. :rolleyes:

you planning to do glass backing? If so, the tiles can be hidden liao

Sorry for this late post.

Just got back from my holidays :D

kor69: The toilet seat won't affect the tap operation, so it's quite ok actually (except that it looks f@#$ ugly with that tap there). BTW, we'll be having the same ID/contractor, i.e. Jaskel, as well. So, I'll probably be popping by your t-blog to look look see see :lol:

;) ooh! :D So you are the one... *heheh*

Jaskel mentioned that he was designing something nice

for a client in Punggol... *heheh*

:lol: Hope you have a pleasant Reno Journey with Jaskel :good:

Mine is Great so far :thumbs up:

He is very efficient :yamseng:

:sport-smiley-004:

hey, congrats on yr key collection ya!

and yes, i always wonder how the heck those ppl get their job in the first place as architect/id at hdb. their colors are so off sometimes!

have you seen some of the old hdb block being repainted on the exterior? is horrenduous and downright ugly. wonder if that is their intention to make a distinction between hdb and private

Sadly, I think they just use what no one else wants in order to reduce their costs and then try to pass it off as post modern designer rubbish.

Sadly, I think they just use what no one else wants in order to reduce their costs and then try to pass it off as post modern designer rubbish.

most definitely! they should have just k.i.s.s.

btw, i loved your nick. my fave team you know ;)

most definitely! they should have just k.i.s.s.

btw, i loved your nick. my fave team you know ;)

Cool. Not many of us around in Singapore. Been a fan since 1974.

My first thought was to overlay the tiles. However, pragmatism sets in eventually. I'm still weighing the cost of overlaying it vs living with it. Another alternative would be to install a longer mirror and a cabinet below the sink. It should, at least, serve some practical purposes and reduce the 'exposure' of the tiles.

Besides the tap, the only additional feature in the house is the FerroLite partition wall system:

"Designed to reduce noise transmission between rooms, the flats come fitted with the patented FerroLite partition wall system. The wall is essentially non-load bearing and made of ferrocement. As compared to other cement-based partition walls, the hollow core of the FerroLite wall cuts down on the need for raw materials like cement and sand. In addition, services can be installed and concealed within the wall with minimal wet works and without the need for hacking."

The other Eco-friendly features are found in the precinct: LED for common lighting, solar panels, rainwater collection, recycling chute, etc.

I understand you can actually paint over wall tiles. Not sure how it would look maybe Jaskel can advise.

Cool. Not many of us around in Singapore. Been a fan since 1974.

geeze... that means you are 'likely' to be older than me :P been a fan since 1983/1984.

not many of us around, but that's ok. after all, we are born not manufactured, we do not choose; we are chosen, those who understand need no explanation, those who don't; don't matter.

I understand you can actually paint over wall tiles. Not sure how it would look maybe Jaskel can advise.

yah, i could have painted over it but i've decided to live with it and cover it with carpentry work, basin, mirror, etc as much as possible.

Edited by floppy