Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
floppy

Our Home In Punggol: Treelodge@punggol

geeze... that means you are 'likely' to be older than me :P been a fan since 1983/1984.

not many of us around, but that's ok. after all, we are born not manufactured, we do not choose; we are chosen, those who understand need no explanation, those who don't; don't matter.

haha.yup tell me about it. :D Became a fan after watching them play in singapore. They played in a mini tournament with Derby County and Coventry City. believe it or not i actually had dinner with Joe Royle, Mike Bernard(not as well known) and Stuart Imlach (their coach back then). My mother's best friend was from Liverpool and a lifelong Evertonian, so when they were staying at the old Raffles Hotel we just went over there and met up with the team. back then it was so easy to just walk up to the players and say hello. They gave us a ball and I managed to get every players autograph. One of the highlights of my childhood and will remain deeply etched in my memory.

yah, i could have painted over it but i've decided to live with it and cover it with carpentry work, basin, mirror, etc as much as possible.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
haha.yup tell me about it. :D Became a fan after watching them play in singapore. They played in a mini tournament with Derby County and Coventry City. believe it or not i actually had dinner with Joe Royle, Mike Bernard(not as well known) and Stuart Imlach (their coach back then). My mother's best friend was from Liverpool and a lifelong Evertonian, so when they were staying at the old Raffles Hotel we just went over there and met up with the team. back then it was so easy to just walk up to the players and say hello. They gave us a ball and I managed to get every players autograph. One of the highlights of my childhood and will remain deeply etched in my memory.

wow. lucky you. i've missed their pre-season tour of singapore in the past (last visit was sometime in the 1980s i think - too young to get out of my own :P ).

from the evertonians i've heard/knew of so far, nothing much has changed. the team is still a friendly group in merseyside as most of the players are fans themselves and are living (as in really living) in liverpool.

Any updates to share?

reno progress is slow at the moment as we're waiting for hdb to approve my reno permit. so far, only the aircon units are up. also, credit to jason, he has tried to start work on areas that aren't waiting for the permit to clear (thanks!).

While waiting for the renovation to start, we went around shopping around for our electrical appliances - lights, air con, etc, and furniture. Although we had managed to identify and/or secure most of the items for the home, we were held up by the renovation permit due to our intention to hack a part of the wall. Rather than not seeing any movement, we decided to go ahead with some basic stuff that doesn't require the permit first.

For the air con, this was the layout that we had decided on.

Air Con Layout Plan

Aircon_Draft_Plan.jpg

reno progress is slow at the moment as we're waiting for hdb to approve my reno permit. so far, only the aircon units are up. also, credit to jason, he has tried to start work on areas that aren't waiting for the permit to clear (thanks!).

Hi Floppy,

Are you prepared for IPTV and would you like to consider fibre ready infrastructure in your renovation plan? PM me for detail planning

Thanks to Jason for coordinating the air con installation, everything looks good! :D

Living Room Air Con

P1080002.jpg

Hello floppy! never ask for your air-con units to be installed at a later stage of your reno?

Anyway thought this is a good spot to put a glass door so when you can "keep" the air-con within the living room when you turn it on?

Hi Floppy,

I'm porkypork from punggol forum :)

Good to see that you are progressing in your reno.... wish you everything smooth sailing... :good:

actually PMed you in the Punggol forum... well you can ignore that PM now... :P

Hello floppy! never ask for your air-con units to be installed at a later stage of your reno?

Anyway thought this is a good spot to put a glass door so when you can "keep" the air-con within the living room when you turn it on?

i've checked with jason and examined the reno that i needed, in order to ascertain that the air con won't impact or hinder the rest of the reno before i decided to go ahead with it. ideally, the air con should be installed after i've hacked the wall, and before my pole system closet is up (as part of the trunking runs behind the poles). unfortunately, i guess i was being a little impatient and wanted to see some progress :P

as for the glass door, i think it's a good ideal. however, it never came across my mind to have one installed there. personally, i enjoyed seeing the passageway as it is, as it creates some depth :D

Edited by floppy

i've checked with jason and examined the reno that i needed, in order to ascertain that the air con won't impact or hinder the rest of the reno before i decided to go ahead with it. ideally, the air con should be installed after i've hacked the wall, and before my pole system closet is up (as part of the trunking runs behind the poles). unfortunately, i guess i was being a little impatient and wanted to see some progress :P

as for the glass door, i think it's a good ideal. however, it never came across my mind to have one installed there. personally, i enjoyed seeing the passageway as it is, as it creates some depth :D

Hi Floppy, i'm sourcing for recommended reno id/contractors can share with me your ID's contact and your reno quote? Thanks and have a nice day ahead . ^^

haha me like the long passageway feel too! trying to create something similar in my house.. hehe.. but for practicality, since you are installing air-con in your living room, you might want to consider installing the door otherwise utilities bills might be a nightmare!

The Day when gaincity air-con installers came..........

p1020612.jpg

p1020614b.jpg

p1020615m.jpg

p10206160.jpg

from 3 guys.....to 10 guys in the evening to complete the work with 3hrs. :rolleyes: