Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
etoh77

Washing Machine

hi all, any recommendations for washing machine? I need those slim ones with dimensions 40x60cm cos of the small platform allocated for the washing machine for HDB kitchen. So far only saw Thomson and Whirlpool.

Also, is top load better than side load?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi all, any recommendations for washing machine? I need those slim ones with dimensions 40x60cm cos of the small platform allocated for the washing machine for HDB kitchen. So far only saw Thomson and Whirlpool.

I bought a top load Thomson washer / dryer; delivered about 2 weeks back. The dimension is 450x600mm. Thomson did a demo of the machine at my place. The performance of the machine so far so good.

I bought a top load Thomson washer / dryer; delivered about 2 weeks back. The dimension is 450x600mm. Thomson did a demo of the machine at my place. The performance of the machine so far so good.

Oh, so its a washer cum dryer? may i know what is the model number? how much u bought it for?

front load is definitely better than top load, i bought Bosh and i really like it, the size is smaller than my previous LG top load yet wash my clothes cleaner than LG top load. Now my husband clothes no longer smelly after wash, i really like it :)

also don't buy those washer cum dryer, is not going to dry properly and if one spoilt the whole thing cannot be used.

U can see my review on my blog here:

http://mylittlecasa.blogspot.com/2010/08/b...ng-machine.html

Oh, so its a washer cum dryer? may i know what is the model number? how much u bought it for?

Model is TXSD9813. Bought it from HN, can't rem how much it cost, bought it with a few other items.

hi all,

saw courts ad recently about WM brand called Candy which is supposedly extra slim.so might suit ur purpose but i've no idea about its reliability. also don think it comes cheap tho.

i'm going for electrolux front load.

Yup, front load definitely better in performance as compared to top load. The more established brand is Electrolux. But Bosch is pretty good too. Think their promotion comprising a $150 rebate for your electronic bill is just over.

Anyone out there know of any front load washer with right hand door hinge?

Seems like they all come left handed...

Miele is right-hinged.. But its not cheap though..

front load is definitely better than top load, i bought Bosh and i really like it, the size is smaller than my previous LG top load yet wash my clothes cleaner than LG top load. Now my husband clothes no longer smelly after wash, i really like it :)

Yup, front load definitely better in performance as compared to top load. The more established brand is Electrolux. But Bosch is pretty good too. Think their promotion comprising a $150 rebate for your electronic bill is just over.

if i remember correctly, most of those slim top-load washers from continental brands (like Thomson, Brandt, Whirlpool..) are actually same as front load, just that one opens on top, one opens sideway. they are not the same as those Japanese/Korean top load (different mechanism).

so cannot say all top load are not good... if it's those slim type i mentioned above, it's the same as front load.

Edited by marshmallow

if i remember correctly, most of those slim top-load washers from continental brands (like Thomson, Brandt, Whirlpool..) are actually same as front load, just that one opens on top, one opens sideway. they are not the same as those Japanese/Korean top load (different mechanism).

so cannot say all top load are not good... if it's those slim type i mentioned above, it's the same as front load.

yeap yeap.. the Thomson washing machine i have is "top" load but actually is frond load drum just door open on the "top". width only 400mm wide. but most of the model is 6kg only.

yeap yeap.. the Thomson washing machine i have is "top" load but actually is frond load drum just door open on the "top". width only 400mm wide. but most of the model is 6kg only.

Yep, my Thomson top load performs like any front load and what I like about it is that I don't need to bend down to load and retrieve the laundry. Mine is a 8kg washer cum 4kg dryer.

Any bought and used Maytag washer?

Went to Best Denki, was told Maytag MFW108EDWT is made in Italy and it appears to have all good features I'm looking for and the price seems good at $1200+

Also looking at Bosch, Electrolux and Whirlpool, trying to avoid big LED screen control, prefer simple knob operation.

Any update on Bosch washer experience or comparisons? Thanks in advance for any advice!