Renovator: Renovation Budget:

Photo

High End Kdk Ceiling Fans - Best Price Where?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 yunn26

yunn26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:57 AM

Hi,

I am looking to buy a few KDK Z60WS Ceiling Fans - These are the 7speed, Yuragi Air, 5 Blade, 60inch models.

From what I know - its S$380 at Tai Yong @ Jln Besar (Excluding Install - add 40 - 60)

Will be great if you could share your best prices as well. smile.gif

#2 esparto

esparto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:07 AM

Take a look at this thread

http://www.renotalk....h...2525&st=760

Scroll down to Lubber Duckie post on the JB YES Electrical shop address.

I was shocked that the prices was more than half price. U might want to consider driving in. I will be doing so as I'm getting 4 sets it worth going in.

#3 yunn26

yunn26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:41 PM

Tks for the heads up bro. thumbsup.gif I heard jb was cheaper but half price!!!

I think I go Malaysia today and hoot a few of these. I know jusco also seller of kdk fan.. Other then yes electricals..I go find out if other sellers also at the same low prices there. Cheers

#4 alchemist

alchemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (yunn26 @ Nov 5 2010, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I go Malaysia today and hoot a few of these. I know jusco also seller of kdk fan.. Other then yes electricals..I go find out if other sellers also at the same low prices there. Cheers

Hi,

May i know if the products own international warranty?? Bcos if Singpore KDK dun recognise it, wun it be troublesome to repair it when spoil?

Please advice. Thank you.

Cheers.

#5 fongfamily01

fongfamily01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (alchemist @ Nov 6 2010, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

May i know if the products own international warranty?? Bcos if Singpore KDK dun recognise it, wun it be troublesome to repair it when spoil?

Please advice. Thank you.

Cheers.

For what I know, it doesn't come with international warranty. There is money you save....there is a price to pay.... smile.gif

Edited by fongfamily01, 06 November 2010 - 11:19 AM.

#6 esparto

esparto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (fongfamily01 @ Nov 6 2010, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For what I know, it doesn't come with international warranty. There is money you save....there is a price to pay.... smile.gif

Yes agree. Anyway it only a year warranty. The guy in Yes Appliances did mentioned can bring back to their shop if needed to repair. (Mean u need to dismantle it and bring to JB again) Anyway with this cheap price u are actually getting two ceiling fans in JB instead of one in Singapore. And I would said KDK is a reliable brand. Doubt it will spoil within a year. I still think it worth getting from JB.

#7 esparto

esparto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (yunn26 @ Nov 5 2010, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi how is ur shopping in JB? Did u find any other shop that sells the fans? Do share with us the brands and prices? I'm also looking at Amasco fan with light. Thank you.

#8 Lubber Duckie

Lubber Duckie

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:26 PM

One very important consideration before you purchase KDK v56vk & v60vk which I have to bring up.
This information is only available in the installation manual.

Ceiling fan must be mounted above 2.5m from the floor and 1m from the wall to the Blade.
The very common reason the fan wobble is because it doesn't meet the minimum clearance.
No matter how much you try to switch blades to try to balance it, it just won't work.
It is not because the fan mechanism is faulty, nor is it loose.
My fans are 2.4m from the floor but they're working fine.

Do measure before you purchase!
KDK v56vk is 56 inches in diameter and v60vk is 60inches in diameter.

Good luck!

And about warranty, KDK is high up there in terms of quality and state-of-the-art technology!
Unless you never shower when you buy lah.

#9 realmplanet

realmplanet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:59 PM

Agreed that KDK is a very reliable fan...althot mine is a stand fan not celing type..it is still working very well comin to 10years...
will be getting the same brand for my new hse too sport-smiley-004.gif

#10 zack007

zack007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Lubber Duckie @ Nov 7 2010, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One very important consideration before you purchase KDK v56vk & v60vk which I have to bring up.

Ceiling fan must be mounted above 2.5m from the floor and 1m from the wall to the Blade.
The very common reason the fan wobble is because it doesn't meet the minimum clearance.
No matter how much you try to switch blades to try to balance it, it just won't work.

Good luck!

And about warranty, KDK is high up there in terms of quality and state-of-the-art technology!

Hi,

When you mention 1m from the wall to the blade, is it from the ceiling wall to the blade or side wall to the blade? Thanks for your info

#11 Lubber Duckie

Lubber Duckie

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (zack007 @ Nov 15 2010, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

When you mention 1m from the wall to the blade, is it from the ceiling wall to the blade or side wall to the blade? Thanks for your info

At least 1m between tip of blade to side wall, so that it doesn't wobble as much.

#12 vratenza

vratenza

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (Lubber Duckie @ Nov 7 2010, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good luck!

my ceiling height is 3.2m. Can I install this model?
Thanks!

#13 Lubber Duckie

Lubber Duckie

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (vratenza @ Nov 27 2010, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my ceiling height is 3.2m. Can I install this model?
Thanks!

Yep! Should be fine.

#14 dreamhouse

dreamhouse

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:54 PM

Anyone knows where in singapore can I view and buy kdk fans at good price?

There are quite a number of authorized resellers listed - don't know which one to go...

#15 bullsonics

bullsonics

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (dreamhouse @ Dec 3 2010, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone knows where in singapore can I view and buy kdk fans at good price?

There are quite a number of authorized resellers listed - don't know which one to go...

you can try *spam at ang mo kio , i have just bought a 11ys $159 and v56 k $356 and also pruchase toshiba fridge Grr 46 $625
and LCD 40 av 700 at 689 only tongue.gif

#16 Yong_Yong

Yong_Yong

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (bullsonics @ Dec 5 2010, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you can try *spam at ang mo kio , i have just bought a 11ys $159 and v56 k $356 and also pruchase toshiba fridge Grr 46 $625
and LCD 40 av 700 at 689 only tongue.gif

Hi, I also interested to buy KDK, yesterday jus called *spam for pricing, but seems the staff very rude!!

Anyway, may i know after you bought, who will install the Ceiling fan for you? is the light for V56K bright?
and how abt the 11YS baby fan? is it very small? u put at bedroom ah?

Thanks,

#17 benlauhh

benlauhh

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:29 PM

Do note that although JB may be cheaper by half the price when you purchase, you need to consider aftersales service.

I bought the KDK Z60 and after my contractor has installed it, it was not to my satisfaction as it was wobbling noticeably. They have tried several times to balance it but to no avail. Hence i insisted that they arranged with the KDK tech to come and resolve the issue. KDK will need to see the warranty + invoice before they will pay a visit. After which KDK managed to reduce the wobbling considerably although a very very tiny bit of circular motion can still be observed. But since this service is from KDK themselves I was definitely more assured when he told me that the result is considered acceptable and normal.

Something for you guys to consider.

#18 datou

datou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:54 PM

I also bought my ceiling fan from Jusco JB but Jusco only sell Panasonic fan instead of KDK. Actually it is the same just different brand. But really need to take note on the warranty part, I have installed my panasonic fan bought from Jb. So far so good. I think dun buy from Jusco as it is more expensive from other electrical shop in JB.

#19 lazybum9

lazybum9

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (Lubber Duckie @ Nov 27 2010, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep! Should be fine.

My ceiling is 2400mm (floor to ceiling) and V56VK is about 350mm...I'm not sure if installing V56VK will leave little headroom...

#20 gimz63251073

gimz63251073

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (lazybum9 @ Dec 21 2010, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My ceiling is 2400mm (floor to ceiling) and V56VK is about 350mm...I'm not sure if installing V56VK will leave little headroom...

u can try placing a coffee table below the fan so that u would not walk below the fan and feel that it is intimidating.

alternatively, u can get those "hugger" fans kind of ceiling fans, just go shop around balestier area.

cheers!

#21 lazybum9

lazybum9

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (bro @ Dec 22 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If u're living in HDB,
Base on HDB guildlines, :- Clear height from finished floor level to fan blades should be at least 2.4 m
yours already can't meet the requirement of 2400mm.

If you really need to install ceiling fan and not following the guildlines, than choose those ceiling fan using mounting plate type instead of using down rod type.
The drop from the ceiling will be lesser as compare.

Hope this helps.
Cheers pal

is the V56VK a mounting plate or down rod type??? any recommendations of mounting plate type???

#22 lazybum9

lazybum9

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (gimz63251073 @ Dec 22 2010, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
u can try placing a coffee table below the fan so that u would not walk below the fan and feel that it is intimidating.

alternatively, u can get those "hugger" fans kind of ceiling fans, just go shop around balestier area.

cheers!

THanks...will drop by balestier area to see see...

#23 jiajun82

jiajun82

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:47 PM

Folks can try Chinmega Electric Pte Ltd at Shun Li Industrial Park think is #04-23.

They have the full range of KDK fans at wholesale prices, will have to bargain with them tho and dun expect much service like retail shops.

But if you know which models you need you can get really great discounts from them.

Beyond that they also are wholesaler for lighting equipment and water heaters too.

Might wanna consider making a trip there for your reno needs.

Cheers! rolleyes.gif

#24 zack007

zack007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:59 PM

If anyone is looking for reliable ceiling fan installer, you can contact Eric at 97977292. He is the authorized KDK installer and he does install other brand fans as well

#25 lazybum9

lazybum9

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (jiajun82 @ Dec 24 2010, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Folks can try Chinmega Electric Pte Ltd at Shun Li Industrial Park think is #04-23.

They have the full range of KDK fans at wholesale prices, will have to bargain with them tho and dun expect much service like retail shops.

But if you know which models you need you can get really great discounts from them.

Beyond that they also are wholesaler for lighting equipment and water heaters too.

Might wanna consider making a trip there for your reno needs.

Cheers! rolleyes.gif

Do they provide installation???

#26 jiajun82

jiajun82

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (lazybum9 @ Dec 26 2010, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do they provide installation???

Think they have third party contractors but they do not do the installation by themselves.

You might want to engage a contractor you know and trust. I know i would.

#27 Bedokboy

Bedokboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

Hi Bro,

I am going to start my reno tmrw. Definitely looking to install KDK fans. Can PM me your contacts? Thanks a million :)

Cheers
Bedokboy

#28 innerdrain

innerdrain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:23 AM

Yes agree. Anyway it only a year warranty. The guy in Yes Appliances did mentioned can bring back to their shop if needed to repair. (Mean u need to dismantle it and bring to JB again) Anyway with this cheap price u are actually getting two ceiling fans in JB instead of one in Singapore. And I would said KDK is a reliable brand. Doubt it will spoil within a year. I still think it worth getting from JB.
[/quote]
Hi, did you buy the KDK fans from JB in the end? I am also planning to do so. Can you recommend your installer? Thanks.

#29 metalbone

metalbone

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

I bought this KDK k15z9 60" ceiling fan from JB. Almost half price compared to SG. :sport-smiley-004:

#30 indigo

indigo

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:29 PM

I bought this KDK k15z9 60" ceiling fan from JB. Almost half price compared to SG. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi may I ask will u kena gst tax when u go thru the custom? Thx

#31 mejul

mejul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:36 AM

Do you happen to know how much they are selling the M11SU in JB?

#32 metalbone

metalbone

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:18 AM

Hi may I ask will u kena gst tax when u go thru the custom? Thx

I have PM u

#33 metalbone

metalbone

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:21 AM

Do you happen to know how much they are selling the M11SU in JB?

I bought the k11z1-es in msia for RM350

#34 BIRD1

BIRD1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

Hi all;
can anyone share with me the address for YES electrical shop in JB? i cant seem to have permission to enter the earlier thread

Nevermind found it! :dribble:

YES Electrical Supply
22, Jln Serampang, Taman Pelangi, 80050 Johor Bahru, Johor.

Edited by BIRD1, 04 August 2011 - 04:43 PM.

#35 robster

robster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:05 PM

Can I check whether they also sell KDK stand fan at great price too??? Better price than *spam??

Edited by robster, 04 August 2011 - 11:15 PM.

#36 pisonic

pisonic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

Can you also pm the answer to the question whether will be tax when coming in to custom?

I have PM u

#37 sunshine124411

sunshine124411

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Hi Metalbone
I am a newbie.... I bought a KDK K15V0 60" ceiling fan from JB 2 weeks ago. Hav not install yet cos flat just started reno. I think the down rod is a little too long for my unit. Do you have any suggest to resolved this problem?? I welcome any suggest from all memebers. Please help.
Many thanks in advance. Xie xie

#38 Bento28

Bento28

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Hi all,

I got my kdk fan intially at "Universal" for $365/-. However was out-quote by Etronin along Tampines St81. Quite knowledgable salesperson!! :) will be getting from Etronin!!

#39 Leion

Leion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

Anyone bought R60VW from JB? how much?

What is the model name there?
Any feedback on the fan?

Designer Furniture and Ligthing Online Store Singapore

Renovator: Renovation Budget: