10 replies to this topic

#1 Husky

Husky

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:44 PM

This is getting one of those long teak dining table. Has anyone have any experience with their furniture in terms of durability?

http://www.mallshopper.sg/offer/3783/

#2 leechaorui

leechaorui

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Husky @ Nov 12 2010, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is getting one of those long teak dining table. Has anyone have any experience with their furniture in terms of durability?

I have friends who bought scanteak furniture. They are quite durable. Cheers! smile.gif

#3 leechaorui

leechaorui

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (Husky @ Nov 12 2010, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was at the warehouse sale on Saturday. Bought a long teak dining table with wooden chairs, bedside tables and a TV console. I feel that the quality of the products is above average for wood.

How about you? Did you find any suitable dining set there? smile.gif

#4 kalimantan

kalimantan

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:27 PM

hi is their service good ?

i know their woods are good quality, just want to know service like :delivery date, after-sale, etc

#5 blue_skies

blue_skies

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

Have no complaints about Scanteak service or quality of their furniture.

I actually bought a second hand set of Scanteak funiture and I must say that the furniture is very very hardy! Not easily scratched, and very easy to maintain. The furniture was looking a little dull when I bought it at a garage sale, then just went to Scanteak and ask them how they maintain it, got a bottle of wood oil from them and slowly rubbed it all over the furniture and it looked much nicer after that.

The cushions are really good too. I had to replace the bottom cushions for the 3 + 2 sofa set but it was worth it. The back rest cushions have very good lumbar support. Btw the model I bought (from a garage sale) was this one
http://www.scanteak.......s>LivingRoom
Model no. 13808 Teak sofa 3 seater (plus 2 of the 1 seater sofa)
Model no. 13808 Teak coffee table
plus a TV console that isn't in the current catalogue anymore.

I notice also that there are slightly different sofa cushion designs now. The newer cushions are not as firm as the older models. But I guess it's also personal preference lah.

After sales is ok and staff are polite and helpful. I had to go down to Sungei Kadut to pick up my cushions (coz I didn't want to pay for delivery charges). I ordered a new set of sofa covers which would only be ready in 4 mths time and I got them to send it to another outlet which was more convenient for me to collect it from. No problems with it at all.

#6 StephLin

StephLin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:12 PM

Hi everyone,
I placed an order for a table at Scanteak for $950. However, I received another Scanteak table as a gift and I need to let this go. This credit is available for any item in Scanteak and I am willing to offer a $100 discount at $850. Please email me if interested - xunxiu@gmail.com
FYI, was also told that there will be an increase in wood prices next year so this might be a good time to buy it.

Edited by StephLin, 19 December 2010 - 11:14 PM.

#7 kalimantan

kalimantan

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (StephLin @ Dec 19 2010, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone,
I placed an order for a table at Scanteak for $950. However, I received another Scanteak table as a gift and I need to let this go. This credit is available for any item in Scanteak and I am willing to offer a $100 discount at $850. Please email me if interested - xunxiu@gmail.com
FYI, was also told that there will be an increase in wood prices next year so this might be a good time to buy it.

picture ?

#8 StephLin

StephLin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (kalimantan @ Dec 20 2010, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
picture ?

You can buy any item with the $950 credit. So its up to you. Any item in Scanteak is available for you to choose smile.gif

#9 kalimantan

kalimantan

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

oh i c, i did not read it properly, it is like a voucher right ?

#10 edenstrauss

edenstrauss

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:22 PM

Wow, I didn't have luck with their sales 10 years ago.

But I love their stuff. The teakwood, workmanship r great to have at home! smile.gif

#11 StephLin

StephLin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (kalimantan @ Dec 20 2010, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
picture ?

Thanks for your interest but I have sold the credit. smile.gif

Designer Furniture and Ligthing Online Store Singapore

Renovator: Renovation Budget: