Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

I have been staying in this estate for 11 years and decided to give this 30 year-old home a complete makeover.

Pandan Gardens is a satellite town of Jurong East New Town in the West of Singapore, along the junction of Ayer Rajah Expressway, Jurong Town Hall Road and West Coast Road, built by JTC Corporation in 1979. I moved into this unit in 1999 and have been staying put since then.

Some may think it is not worth to renovate an old flat, but I like the place due to its serenity and airy open space which is totally unblocked. Most importantly, it is a stone throw away from my workplace.

Have been closely following up on the recommendations on this Reno forum and decided to call up those highly recommended IDs and some other firms since late September 2010.

I will be back with more information & pictures of existing layout will be posted up soon.

Love is Given; Hatred is Acquired…

The reason Angels can fly is because they take themselves lightly

Edited by mae29

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

showing here is the existing phographs before the makeover:

view from the main gate:

h9iv_440_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

the foyer and behind the screen is existing Living Room which will be converted into a BedRoom.

h9iv_558_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

the existing living room behind the divider - will be the future bedroom

grq4_39c_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

here is the master bedroom which bed direction is clashing my personal animal sign. Hence, the bed orientation will be changed. I will post up the new layout plan shortly.

h9iv_451_uc4it.jpg

the smaller bedroom but occupied by 2 BIG boys which prompted the major revamping!

h9iv_3c4_uc4it.jpg

The Dining Area. Although tried to cover up the chairs, but still get sick of the 'look' after one year! the wall between dining and kitchen will be hacked down to create sliding windows to let the space more airy. Currently, it quite stuffy while dining there.

h9iv_b61_uc4it.jpg

The stove - see the high rattan divider? This is because in Feng Shui, stove cannot be seen from the main or back door. In my case, it can be seen from the back entrance, that's why I shield it with the screen.

h9iv_dfb_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

The service balcony - laundry area, toilet & bathroom:

h9iv_683_uc4it.jpg

h9iv_9ef_uc4it.jpg

the draft floor plan designed by feng shui master:

ns8r_231_uc4it.jpg

That's all for my existing home / furnitures. Will be making a drastic change including the color theme!

I got scolded by the FSM when I suggest to 'downsize' my master bedroom to make way for the dining area.

Edited by mae29

Altho I have FS knowledge, we sometimes ended up taking another master's advice (FS is like Onions with many layers and depending on which perspective you look at ).

My home is a good example. Never thought of renovating my kitchen due to missing SE sector, which is by rule of thumb, considered a missing sector of my house, and apparently, is the Sheng Qi sector of my home. :bangwall:

Hi, hi everyone

Any recommendation for home made curtains with good workmanship? I ever read a thread here recommending curtain makers in JB, but not sure where is that thread now?

Thanks in advance for yr recommendation.

Hi Mae29,

Welcome to renotalk.

Thanks for dropping by my T-Blog,

I think I know where your point block is, I'm currently residing above the KTV block. ;)

Your current place actually looks qute dainty and nice actually :)

Will be looking fwd to your ID's creation.

I have been staying in this estate for 11 years and decided to give this 30 year-old home a complete makeover.

I was just on the verge of posting some findings on curtains/ rollerblinds.

I'm uncertain of the quality though, for the JB curtian thread;

you must be refering to 'mikicurtain' do a search on it and should be able to find it. I called the lady boss, very nice and polite (she's only reachable after 6pm at her shop number btw) and asked for some quotes. Find the price quite average though.

Hi, hi everyone

Any recommendation for home made curtains with good workmanship? I ever read a thread here recommending curtain makers in JB, but not sure where is that thread now?

Thanks in advance for yr recommendation.

Edited by dexufto

Hi Mae29,

Welcome to renotalk.

Thanks for dropping by my T-Blog,

I think I know where your point block is, I'm currently residing above the KTV block. ;)

Your current place actually looks qute dainty and nice actually :)

Will be looking fwd to your ID's creation.[\quote]

So, I also know where your block is. We are neighbours!

My block is near the Chinese temple, along the river connector.

I painted my unit a year ago and purchased new furniture at IKEA. But now, we need one more bedroom and shift the stove.

My ID will meet me on Monday. I guess he has 3D drawings for me. A very very nice guy who will go extra miles to please customers. Without his diligence, advices and home visit on so many occassions, I am clueless and helpless.

For Aircon, I am choosing Mitsuibishi or Daikin. Do you have any comments which is better?

Edited by mae29