Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ynwa88

My Little Simple White House

am in love with your bathrooms and kitchens!

could you please mail me your ID's contact details ?

Thanks patsy_sg. :)

I have pmed you my ID's contact

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
great great selection of tiles. So pleasant and tempting to cook in your kitchen. Superb view...looks like a non-singapore view..

Love your house..and your cute lil girl..!!

Thanks lynd3ralla! No wonder my wife start cooking... Hahaa...:)

I'm lucky to get the super view unit without paying the super price. Dunno why the previous Korean owner just wanna sell the house to us even though another Indian buyer willing to pay higher price. Strange...???

Really lovely house and daughter, thank you for posting all the pics!

I enjoy playing around a little with AV as well though by no means any sort of an audiophile. A small suggestion to benefit from your equipment investment would be to raise your centre speaker to the height approximating your head height when seated, this will greatly assist the placement of the voices on screen more accurately. Also if you are short of space on your platform, you may experiment by moving the sub-woofer away from the front since sound at this spectrum level is not very directional at all. You will get great sound effects from many locations in the room so long as you avoid the room corners where you may get "boomy" unpleasant base. Hope you enjoy your new place!

Cheers

Korean owner prolly thinks that you will take better care of the house, so he sold it to you.

Good choice, I would say :)

Thanks, :')

Really lovely house and daughter, thank you for posting all the pics!

I enjoy playing around a little with AV as well though by no means any sort of an audiophile. A small suggestion to benefit from your equipment investment would be to raise your centre speaker to the height approximating your head height when seated, this will greatly assist the placement of the voices on screen more accurately. Also if you are short of space on your platform, you may experiment by moving the sub-woofer away from the front since sound at this spectrum level is not very directional at all. You will get great sound effects from many locations in the room so long as you avoid the room corners where you may get "boomy" unpleasant base. Hope you enjoy your new place!

Cheers

Hi rmgthatsme!

Thanks for the great suggestion and loving my house and daughter.

I'm still waiting for my friend to help me calibrate my system, re-position the speakers, woofer...haha... i need expert... :)

Initially i plan to place the woofer beside my sofa, but forgot to run and hide the cable...sigh... i hope my wife wont complain if i run the cable on the floor. I'm still looking for the great looking centre speaker stand, please let me know if you have any recommendation. Thank you very much :)

Cheers! ;)

Hi rmgthatsme!

Thanks for the great suggestion and loving my house and daughter.

I'm still waiting for my friend to help me calibrate my system, re-position the speakers, woofer...haha... i need expert... :)

Initially i plan to place the woofer beside my sofa, but forgot to run and hide the cable...sigh... i hope my wife wont complain if i run the cable on the floor. I'm still looking for the great looking centre speaker stand, please let me know if you have any recommendation. Thank you very much :)

Cheers! ;)

Hi ynwa88, as I said I'm no expert but my 2 cents worth as follows: to do a good calibration you need a decent decibel meter and a test tones CD. Both don't need too cost much at all or can be borrowed if you have friends who are into the hobby. If you will develope the hobby worth buying your own, if not borrow. For how to use the kit, read up your specific manual for your amp/speakers and also search online where there are many audiophile sites offering detailed step by step instructions for calibration. You would enjoy trying to do it yourself and maybe then having an experienced friend come over to check your settings. More fun this way and you also will learn something.

With regard to the Centre speaker stand, style (good looks) often does not go hand in hand with function/performance. Basically anything solid, dense and heavy will work well as a support on your concrete plinth. Avoid stands which are tubular in design as while they may look pretty, you may get resonance or distortion. Also lightweight normally equals flimsy in stands so heavy is better. For your issue with sub woofer or rear speaker wires, a nice rug often helps with "wife friendly" wire disguise. Whatever method you choose, do make sure the wires are secure and out of the way as you have a young child who may otherwise trip and hurt herself. Hope this helps and sorry if I have bored any other members in this renovation thread.

Cheers

wah si peh chio......Uncle, can check-in or not? how much is the room rate har?

lol......house warming rem to invite me hor.....

Hi ynwa88, as I said I'm no expert but my 2 cents worth as follows: to do a good calibration you need a decent decibel meter and a test tones CD. Both don't need too cost much at all or can be borrowed if you have friends who are into the hobby. If you will develope the hobby worth buying your own, if not borrow. For how to use the kit, read up your specific manual for your amp/speakers and also search online where there are many audiophile sites offering detailed step by step instructions for calibration. You would enjoy trying to do it yourself and maybe then having an experienced friend come over to check your settings. More fun this way and you also will learn something.

With regard to the Centre speaker stand, style (good looks) often does not go hand in hand with function/performance. Basically anything solid, dense and heavy will work well as a support on your concrete plinth. Avoid stands which are tubular in design as while they may look pretty, you may get resonance or distortion. Also lightweight normally equals flimsy in stands so heavy is better. For your issue with sub woofer or rear speaker wires, a nice rug often helps with "wife friendly" wire disguise. Whatever method you choose, do make sure the wires are secure and out of the way as you have a young child who may otherwise trip and hurt herself. Hope this helps and sorry if I have bored any other members in this renovation thread.

Cheers

Hey rmgthatsme,

Your 2 cents worth thousand to me.:)

Thanks for sharing your great experience and knowledge.

I have tried to calibrate the system manually and also by Audyssey's auto setup. However, I still feel something is missing and the bass also quite boomy like what you mentioned earlier. That's why I request my friend to help me fine tune the system. Hope with his ear and experience, can help me to improve the system. ^_^

And you are right, I should spend more times to try and learn something through that. ;)

I will move away the woofer and try to get one solid stand for my centre speaker. Hope can find handsome and solid one... Haha...:D

I have placed a rug on the floor but not big enough to cover the cable if i shift the woofer. Need to change to bigger one. Pretty and big rug never come cheap... Need to spend $$$ again...:'(

Actually I'm also regret to get the glass coffee table, should get the wood one... Sigh...:(

Btw, I think many members here will be glad to hear your humble opinion on the HT setup. Pls come in more offen... Hehee...:)

Cheers!

wah si peh chio......Uncle, can check-in or not? how much is the room rate har?

lol......house warming rem to invite me hor.....

Hey bro, how's your little handsome boy?

Don't worry, I will invite you to come before housewarming. And It's free la...:)

Cheers!

Update some photos.

MBR Bahtroom

Xmas%20and%20New%20Year-11.JPG

Xmas%20and%20New%20Year-14.JPG

Xmas%20and%20New%20Year-15.JPG

Nice bathroom...ur basin height looked low...maybe its becos u held up ur cam??? are u planning to put some plants around ur bathroom???

Nice bathroom...ur basin height looked low...maybe its becos u held up ur cam??? are u planning to put some plants around ur bathroom???

Thanks! I think bcoz of the shooting angle. :)

Yes, my wife plans to put some plants in the bathroom, but haven't go and find the nice plant yet... Very busy... Hehe...:)

Edited by ynwa88

Yes, my wife plans to put some plants in the bathroom, but haven't go and find the nice plant yet... Very busy... Hehe...:)

Every aspect of your house looks perfect. Am totally in love with your renovation.

some greenery will complete the picture...mayb u can put artificial grass on ur window ledge...

• Like 1

Every aspect of your house looks perfect. Am totally in love with your renovation.

Hey Everton,

Thank you so much for the compliment! Must thanks to my ID put in so much effort and hard work to complete my dream house. :') kam sia kam sia...