Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sheer083

Absolook Interior Design

Hello, I was served by 2 person in absolook, both cnt make it...

1st time is Ray who served us due to lack of experience, did not give us the right direction...& also he was late 1 hours++ for the meet up...

After reading few forum, we take it another try & was highly recommend by ppl that Aaron was an experience ID...

Was invited by him to his showroom last weekend...

Totally horrible, he wasn't very well-versed and did not give any innovative ideas...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Having read through the forums, we shortlisted Absolook as 1 of our IDs due to the vast recomendations not only from this forum but many other forums as well. Here is my experience of this ID:

1) After writing in to Absolook with my floorplan, i was told to go down their new showroom in Ang Mo Kio and look for their ID called Ray. The original appointment was at 2pm, however 10 mins prior to 2pm, Ray informed us that he will be late and was on his way, in actual fact it was only 1 hr later that he reach the office. After we settle down, he went through the floor plan, however the general feel was that he lacked the experience to propose new ideas and most of the design ended up coming from us. Decided to drop him and approach Aaron instead due to his good reviews online.

2) Spoke to Aaron and send him my floorplan. Initial quotes as promised was delayed for a week before he proposed us to go down the showroom at Fernvale Garden on 28 Sep to meet him up. Spend the day looking at the showroom and when we settle down to discuss the floor plan,ended up we are the ones doing the recomendations again, asking us what we want and just draw them in. I will be better off engaging a contractor instead. The impression after that of Aaron is either he got enough business and is not interested to propose new ideas or he is more interested in the budget we have before he decides on his level of service. This really show the lack of professionalism from his side

Seriously we have given Absolook 2 chances and the general feel is the lack of ideas or proposals with most of the things come from our end and are ID jobs just asking customer what they want and draw them in without the need to propose? Most of the IDs we see at their showroom looks too young without any experience

The above is based on my general views and we are seriously disappointed. We are definietly looking into other options after the above experience. We hope those who have selected them will have better services than what we experienced.

Edited by raymysterio

My renovation with Aaron Poh just completed 2 months ago. Was really surprise to read negative comments here about him. From the first meeting with him to the end of the project.. He has been very helpful, and really helped us with many Renovation problems that me and my hubby has encounted. First meetup of course he will want to know about what you have in mind, what kind of design you like and your preference. It's does not mean that he has no innovative ideas, just that he want to design a house that suit you and family. I still remember me n my hubby stay at his show flat from 8 plus to nearly mid night to talk to us on our design, material, layout and etc. I'm sure budget to all the new house owner is a topic that we are concern on. And I'm glad that he works toward our budget, and still came out ideas to our need and wants. My friend has also signed with Aaron.. And I'm sure he will do a good job..

My renovation with Aaron Poh just completed 2 months ago. Was really surprise to read negative comments here about him. From the first meeting with him to the end of the project.. He has been very helpful, and really helped us with many Renovation problems that me and my hubby has encounted. First meetup of course he will want to know about what you have in mind, what kind of design you like and your preference. It's does not mean that he has no innovative ideas, just that he want to design a house that suit you and family. I still remember me n my hubby stay at his show flat from 8 plus to nearly mid night to talk to us on our design, material, layout and etc. I'm sure budget to all the new house owner is a topic that we are concern on. And I'm glad that he works toward our budget, and still came out ideas to our need and wants. My friend has also signed with Aaron.. And I'm sure he will do a good job..

Well, like i say, i have read so many good reviews of him online too.

However for my case, there was only 1 meetup and he wanted to sell us the package already, not similar to your case where you have a few meetups to discuss in details. My discussion ended in 15 mins which what we proposed mostly was added into the floor plan and sell to us as a package of take it or leave it. I cant possibly sign the package then and there was no offer of a 2nd meetup from him to discuss in details but the general feeling to us is like he is trying to pull a fast one on this deal.

Oh... we dint went for any of e open hse but somehow quite similar as we also took his package...Hmmm.. for my case.. we went down to tradehub to look for aaron on our first appt. The first meetup aaron asked what and how we wan our concept to be so that he can come up w some designs that suits us and comfortable with... In fact on e first meetup we signed the package that they were having at tt time as it was really hot selling that time.. being confident that aaron will do a gd job be it review or his works.. unlike ur case u went dw to a openhse which meant to be first come first serve basic for the package that they having that day? I suppose aaron wanna let u grab e best out of absolook,aftermath following up w u for next meet up to look into the details..now that our hse are completed and jus moved in sept, we get really gd comments when our friends and relatives came up to our place~ we are glad that we actually chose aaron too! In addition, whenever we met any problem he will settle for us bcus we were nt able to go dw so often to our unit as we need to tc two kids. So overall the whole renov we are really pleased w him((:

Oh... we dint went for any of e open hse but somehow quite similar as we also took his package...Hmmm.. for my case.. we went down to tradehub to look for aaron on our first appt. The first meetup aaron asked what and how we wan our concept to be so that he can come up w some designs that suits us and comfortable with... In fact on e first meetup we signed the package that they were having at tt time as it was really hot selling that time.. being confident that aaron will do a gd job be it review or his works.. unlike ur case u went dw to a openhse which meant to be first come first serve basic for the package that they having that day? I suppose aaron wanna let u grab e best out of absolook,aftermath following up w u for next meet up to look into the details..now that our hse are completed and jus moved in sept, we get really gd comments when our friends and relatives came up to our place~ we are glad that we actually chose aaron too! In addition, whenever we met any problem he will settle for us bcus we were nt able to go dw so often to our unit as we need to tc two kids. So overall the whole renov we are really pleased w him((:

Hi Desmond,

Good to hear you have a good experience with Aaron.

For my case, I understand the open house may be packed due to the crowd and there may be time constraint. Prior to coming down for the open house, we have made the appointment with Aaron at 2pm. We spend about an hour looking at the open house, before we sit down and start to discuss on the floor plan.

What happen was he check with us what we wanted and draw it in. Everything completed in about 15 mins, after which he subsequently start to work out the total cost, and ask us whether we want to sign the package. If he wanted to share his ideas with us at the next meetup, i doubt he should proceed to ask us whether we want the deal based on what he draw.

If i am going to sign on that day thinking that he will meet me up again and propose more ideas, i don't think that is the correct way as there will surely be more cost involved if he is going to propose new ideas after what he quoted.. and then what happens next?The first meetup is always the most important, letting the customer have a feel on the capabilities of the ID and of course whether he can come out with any innovative ideas, after which we should sit down and see how we can work towards the customer budget and not the other way round of just doing a quick quote and hoping that after signing, he will have innovative ideas to propose without any extra cost.

Edited by raymysterio

Hi all, I just signed a package with Abslook with one of their "newbie" id. He's actually not new to the ID industry but new to Abslook company.

I met him one month at the yishun showroom prior to meeting him at the open house on 29th Sep. on our first meeting, I had to postponed it due to an urgent meeting, and my second meeting with him the next day I was late for 1 hour too because of another meeting. All this time, he was very patient with me and all. I did write in to him before our first meet up on my requirements and my theme as I knew what I wanted. So when I fianally got to meet him, he had already done the quotation, space planning, and even the lighting planning!!

I was very surprised of this because of 2 reason:

1. I've met up with 9 IDs before Abslook, and out of the 9 of them only 2 gave me the space planing and quotation without asking for a deposit first. Understand that it is sop for them to want money first before making any effort in doing the space planning. So you can imagine why I'm impressed when he gave me the quotation with the space planning and lighting plan too.

2. He had done the space planning and lighting planning based on exactly what I thought it would look like. It's as if he had read my mind! I had not communicated to him about the lighting and space planning I wanted before this btw.

So finally when we were going through the quotation, he highlighted to me the package and my additional add-ones which were not covered in the package. He told me specifically that if this is what I truly wanted, this was the exact quotation I would be expecting. Furthermore, he said one more thing that I was impressed. He said... "If you confirm these are the items you want to renovate and not do anything more, I guarenatee you this is the max price you'll pay and maybe you will pay lesser at the end of your Reno. Why? Because along the way you may want to make changes to your Reno items and when you see your actual house, you will see that some of the things you want to do may not seem practical and you will forgo it. For now, we put the items in, and when the time comes you decide whether you still want them or not." Wah! Steady... I like his upfront and honest opinions. This is the kind of ID I WANT TO WORK WITH. hahaha.Btw the quotation he quoted me inclusive of electrical works too.

So after our first meeting, I went to Abslook's open house at fernvale on 29th Sep to see their carpentry. Their carpentry was not bad.. (Based on my standards) and I thought that the Reno was done quite well. Btw, they have a lot of open house every few months. So when I was there they were having a package tied together with their new IDs whereby if we sign with their new IDs all carpentry comes with Blum soft closing mechanisms, $1,000 off aircom system, free samsung digital lock. There was also free 7-in-1 bathroom accessories, free mirror, free hood and hob, free instant heater in the package quoted to me also. So what I saw on that day was the quotation that my ID gave to me (who is a "newbie") with all the above. Basically I was quoted within my budget I requested for and was offered so many freebies (in which I can almost move-in condition, except for the bed, fridge, washing machine, aircom, TV, sofa and dining table), what else can I ask for right? Sign lah!!! Hahaha. Plus that fact that I can click with this "newbie" ID is a bonus of course.

My thoughts are this after seeing the various comments and through my experience.

1. If you want an experienced ID, be prepared to face a busy person who may not have the time to meet you and discuss through your needs if he feels you are not worth his time. (Remember, he has a lot of projects on hand and probably can choose his/her client based on his/her gut feel on compatability and if the client is just "using" him/her or not)

2. Nowadays, there's very few new ideas to come up with to design a standard BTO flat. So if you want new ideas, it's better to do your own research and then ask for the ID views whether it can be achieved and to what extent he/she can contribute to your idea.

3. Going for a less experience ID may not be so bad, as with every experienced ID came an in-experienced one before.

4. Ask yourself what is it you want from an ID and match it to the actual ID you are meeting. Again, please be realistic and feasible in expectations. Don't expect them to give you everything when you have not given them anything either. (Though my ID did make am effort with his space planning and light set up designs and gave it to me to keep and though I never said I was going to confirm him as my ID)

In a nutshell, this is my beginning of my experience with Abslook. So far everything is good and building up from here. The comments made above are solely based on what I think and experienced. Everyone has a different experience so depends on you.

Hi all, I just signed a package with Abslook with one of their "newbie" id. He's actually not new to the ID industry but new to Abslook company.

I met him one month at the yishun showroom prior to meeting him at the open house on 29th Sep. on our first meeting, I had to postponed it due to an urgent meeting, and my second meeting with him the next day I was late for 1 hour too because of another meeting. All this time, he was very patient with me and all. I did write in to him before our first meet up on my requirements and my theme as I knew what I wanted. So when I fianally got to meet him, he had already done the quotation, space planning, and even the lighting planning!!

I was very surprised of this because of 2 reason:

1. I've met up with 9 IDs before Abslook, and out of the 9 of them only 2 gave me the space planing and quotation without asking for a deposit first. Understand that it is sop for them to want money first before making any effort in doing the space planning. So you can imagine why I'm impressed when he gave me the quotation with the space planning and lighting plan too.

2. He had done the space planning and lighting planning based on exactly what I thought it would look like. It's as if he had read my mind! I had not communicated to him about the lighting and space planning I wanted before this btw.

So finally when we were going through the quotation, he highlighted to me the package and my additional add-ones which were not covered in the package. He told me specifically that if this is what I truly wanted, this was the exact quotation I would be expecting. Furthermore, he said one more thing that I was impressed. He said... "If you confirm these are the items you want to renovate and not do anything more, I guarenatee you this is the max price you'll pay and maybe you will pay lesser at the end of your Reno. Why? Because along the way you may want to make changes to your Reno items and when you see your actual house, you will see that some of the things you want to do may not seem practical and you will forgo it. For now, we put the items in, and when the time comes you decide whether you still want them or not." Wah! Steady... I like his upfront and honest opinions. This is the kind of ID I WANT TO WORK WITH. hahaha.Btw the quotation he quoted me inclusive of electrical works too.

So after our first meeting, I went to Abslook's open house at fernvale on 29th Sep to see their carpentry. Their carpentry was not bad.. (Based on my standards) and I thought that the Reno was done quite well. Btw, they have a lot of open house every few months. So when I was there they were having a package tied together with their new IDs whereby if we sign with their new IDs all carpentry comes with Blum soft closing mechanisms, $1,000 off aircom system, free samsung digital lock. There was also free 7-in-1 bathroom accessories, free mirror, free hood and hob, free instant heater in the package quoted to me also. So what I saw on that day was the quotation that my ID gave to me (who is a "newbie") with all the above. Basically I was quoted within my budget I requested for and was offered so many freebies (in which I can almost move-in condition, except for the bed, fridge, washing machine, aircom, TV, sofa and dining table), what else can I ask for right? Sign lah!!! Hahaha. Plus that fact that I can click with this "newbie" ID is a bonus of course.

My thoughts are this after seeing the various comments and through my experience.

1. If you want an experienced ID, be prepared to face a busy person who may not have the time to meet you and discuss through your needs if he feels you are not worth his time. (Remember, he has a lot of projects on hand and probably can choose his/her client based on his/her gut feel on compatability and if the client is just "using" him/her or not)

2. Nowadays, there's very few new ideas to come up with to design a standard BTO flat. So if you want new ideas, it's better to do your own research and then ask for the ID views whether it can be achieved and to what extent he/she can contribute to your idea.

3. Going for a less experience ID may not be so bad, as with every experienced ID came an in-experienced one before.

4. Ask yourself what is it you want from an ID and match it to the actual ID you are meeting. Again, please be realistic and feasible in expectations. Don't expect them to give you everything when you have not given them anything either. (Though my ID did make am effort with his space planning and light set up designs and gave it to me to keep and though I never said I was going to confirm him as my ID)

In a nutshell, this is my beginning of my experience with Abslook. So far everything is good and building up from here. The comments made above are solely based on what I think and experienced. Everyone has a different experience so depends on you.

Wow...Very lucky of you...Agree with what you say and i did actually miss out one point in my original post...For my case I have provided the themes that they have designed previously which I am interested in and also my floor plan to the ID that I am meeting at least a week in advance, but guess I am not as lucky as you to have the space planning and the quote before hand for discussion...

Wow...Very lucky of you...Agree with what you say and i did actually miss out one point in my original post...For my case I have provided the themes that they have designed previously which I am interested in and also my floor plan to the ID that I am meeting at least a week in advance, but guess I am not as lucky as you to have the space planning and the quote before hand for discussion...

Thanks Ray! Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with their experienced ID. I believe it's a blessing in disguise.

Hope you'll find a good ID that can click with you and also provide you with a better experience. :)