Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zkx1325

Aircon --> Try Kaisoon Group

--------------- EDITED: NO LONGER RECOMMENDED. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS. REFER TO MY LATEST POSTS. -----------------------------------------------

Just installed a Mitsu Elec Sys 3 Aircon for my new home. Went to a few aircon installation companies, compared prices and finally settled for Kaisoon Group. (6841 2212, http://www.kaisoon.com.sg/)

Called them, was greeted by a friendly admin (Angie) and arranged for a site survey within the week. The surveyor was friendly too and gave good suggestions for the trunking.

The installers were punctual and efficient, reached about 10am.
There was a glitch during the installation though. The site surveyor didn't instruct the installers in detail and they ran the trunking in a rather ugly fashion for my master room at first. (I was at wrong too bcos I didn't tell the installers explicitly in the morning.) Thankfully, I went back to view the installation at about 4pm, saw the trunking, was really alarmed and immediately told the installers to redo the trunking. They grumbled a little (altho I'd say the grumbling was really minimal considering it was quite late already), and quickly rectified the problem.
They installed till about 6pm, tested the aircons and left.

I'd say overall it's quite nice dealing with them. The admin staff is very friendly and courteous. The installers were efficient and rather detailed with their installation, making sure the trunking they did looked good with the sealing, plastering and stuff. Hopefully, the units will work well and be durable when I move in. For now, I'd like to recommend Kaisoon to others. smile.gif

(BTW, their prices are even better than the better known companies in IMM. They even offer a good warranty for their installation.)

Edited by zkx1325
No longer recommended.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

how much did they ask for the deposit? mine was stated 80% which I think is too much.

mine was 80% too...I ok to give but most importantly the workmanship must be good....

After 3+ years of usage, I'm sad to say that I've encountered some problems with the aircon installation with Kaisoon.

Few months ago, i couldn't switch on the aircon unit in one of my common rooms. I called Kaisoon and managed to get someone down to make some repairs to the electrical wiring.

Just recently, I also could not switch on the aircon unit in my master-room. I suspected it was the same problem. True enough, it's because of the electrical wiring. I called them and they admitted that they have other customers who encountered the same problem. After consultation with a third-party, the conclusion i draw is that they have been using sub-standard electric wires to connect their aircon units to the compressor.

In conclusion, I withdraw my recommendation for Kaisoon Group. They may offer competitive prices but it's not worth the risk of problems in the future. SAD TO SAY, DO NOT TRY THEM!!!

Just an update:

My last post was about how the electrical wiring for two of my three aircon units had problems and had to rectify the problems. 

Finally, the last unit also gave up. I couldn't switch it on one fine day. I used short-term solutions for the previous two units. This time I couldn't take it anymore. I told the repair guy that I wanted to redo the electrical wiring entirely. It involved opening up the trunking and replacing the entire network of aircon wiring.

It's all because Kaisoon chose to use lousy wires to cut down on costs during their installation.

As again, please do not go to Kaisoon. Pay a bit more for other more trust-worthy companies. I may have saved a little during the initial installation but over these 5+ years, I have incurred repair costs. So the total costs ended up the same.

I knew them from my company maintenance package. They do all the service & repair job for my office. Look good & professional, so i would like to try out for my house aircon installation. I paid 80% of     deposit also, but is fine for me. Most important is they do the good job. Workmanship not bad actually, the installer experience, both installer are chinese, local i think.

I bought Mitsubishi $3280 for my house at Hougang come with good warranty period & upgraded materials.

The consultant explained in very details on the site survey and suggested the trucking location. 

Overall they are quite good & friendly to deal with them.

On 23/02/2014 at 5:09 PM, zkx1325 said:

After 3+ years of usage, I'm sad to say that I've encountered some problems with the aircon installation with Kaisoon.

Few months ago, i couldn't switch on the aircon unit in one of my common rooms. I called Kaisoon and managed to get someone down to make some repairs to the electrical wiring.

Just recently, I also could not switch on the aircon unit in my master-room. I suspected it was the same problem. True enough, it's because of the electrical wiring. I called them and they admitted that they have other customers who encountered the same problem. After consultation with a third-party, the conclusion i draw is that they have been using sub-standard electric wires to connect their aircon units to the compressor.

In conclusion, I withdraw my recommendation for Kaisoon Group. They may offer competitive prices but it's not worth the risk of problems in the future. SAD TO SAY, DO NOT TRY THEM!!!

I have the same issue too. They used sub standard electrical wiring. 

I only on my unit once or twice for this room in a year and it failed. 

Need to be careful about it and highlight to Kaisoon if u still want to use them. 

On 10/2/2016 at 0:16 AM, ahzhua said:

I have the same issue too. They used sub standard electrical wiring. 

I only on my unit once or twice for this room in a year and it failed. 

Need to be careful about it and highlight to Kaisoon if u still want to use them. 

Sound like they are using 3core40 cabling for the air-conditioner wiring. Nowadays majority of the air-conditioner technician is using 3 core 70.