Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
deccante

Do Not Buy From Vanhoden Sdn Bhd

Be Aware not to buy from Vanhoden at JB - taman molek. their after sales is really ****!

1) They started delivering bits and pieces of our furnitures from August and till now Dec there is stil 2 piece of dining chair not delivered!! Planning to give out

2) Leaving them instructions over the phone but never communicated down to the delivery

3) every delivery there is something missing or mis matched

4) delivery at weird hours i.e 11pm

5) Dis-honest sales person!!

6) when down to complain to their manager Danny, 3 days later call him and he forgets

7) give me $600 voucher but say must spent $3000 than can use $300 voucher

8) during delivery messed up my place and scratched my tiles...

9) ask why there is some defects and they tell me "coz your item is a promo item therefore quality lower"

10) claim they did the QC before delivery but dining chair can come without cushion, TV console with glass top that is 2 ft longer..

People to be aware of is Danny, Alice and Eric...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes i agree with you. DO NOT BUY FROM VANHODEN.

Their scumbags, liar and piece of ****!! I have started my campaign. Telling all my neighbours, frens and relative not to buy from them. I will make the company and their people go down together...

why buy from JB malaysia ?

Does not mean cheap in currency that singaporeans should get from them.

I stay in JB. Of course I buy in Malaysia mah. Anyway, it's not cheap. My bed cost me RM7500. I bought other furniture from Rustica, Hup Lee and Big Apple...they don't give me any problem.

I do agree that NOT to buy from Vanhoden. When I visited the show room at Taman Molek, I was served by their MD named Danny. I spotted some items there, then we started to negotiate for the price and some discount. I later found out that our negotiation was somehow fishy that I refrained buying from Vanhoden. The negotiation is like this:

A queen size bed frame and lady America mattress, was quoted RM7000

Me: this is too expensive, how much you can offer/discount?

Danny: how much you want? Give me your price LAH

Me: me? as low as possible, my budget is around RM5000

Danny: ok LAH

Me: are you sure? With the same quality given as this??

Danny: will see how LAH

Me: huh? will see??? Which mean I am getting a low quality product at this discounted price?

Danny: you offer a bit higher LAH

Me: I want the quality to be the same as this display but given the price at RM5000

Danny: can lah, can lah. Must make full payment

Me: are you sure? Can write in the invoice that I can refund if the good sent is not matching?

Danny: you add a bit more LAH

Me: ……………

I ended up went off quickly from the show room. I think I consider lucky that I did not make any deal there…phew

I do agree that NOT to buy from Vanhoden. When I visited the show room at Taman Molek, I was served by their MD named Danny. I spotted some items there, then we started to negotiate for the price and some discount. I later found out that our negotiation was somehow fishy that I refrained buying from Vanhoden. The negotiation is like this:

Me: huh? will see??? Which mean I am getting a low quality product at this discounted price?

Me: I want the quality to be the same as this display but given the price at RM5000

Me: are you sure? Can write in the invoice that I can refund if the good sent is not matching?

I ended up went off quickly from the show room. I think I consider lucky that I did not make any deal there…phew

haha it reads like scene from a PCK episode.

Beware of Danny, Eric, Alex and Alice...i regretted buying from them. They did not deliver my 2 side table. Giving me reason such as his sales man did not wirte it on the invoice. But its bull****!! Cos the delivery invoice did mention my 2 items. Their deliver man did mentioned that many customers complaint of their after sales service. They make you pay all in full then deliver your items. Which is risky. After all the screaming, they said they can only deliver after CNY. And they asked what else can they do..its not their problem....As a customer, what would you feel?? Every furniture fair at the Pesada Johor, their sales person will actively promise you the moon and the stars...and I swear the next time they're at the Pesada, I will blacklist them and if possible the organizer not allow dishonest company to exhibit their product!! I don't know what other reason they will give me after CNY and if I will get my 2 side tables. I curse the company and those people I just name....

Beware of Danny, Eric, Alex and Alice...i regretted buying from them. They did not deliver my 2 side table. Giving me reason such as his sales man did not wirte it on the invoice. But its bull****!! Cos the delivery invoice did mention my 2 items. Their deliver man did mentioned that many customers complaint of their after sales service. They make you pay all in full then deliver your items. Which is risky. After all the screaming, they said they can only deliver after CNY. And they asked what else can they do..its not their problem....As a customer, what would you feel?? Every furniture fair at the Pesada Johor, their sales person will actively promise you the moon and the stars...and I swear the next time they're at the Pesada, I will blacklist them and if possible the organizer not allow dishonest company to exhibit their product!! I don't know what other reason they will give me after CNY and if I will get my 2 side tables. I curse the company and those people I just name....

I just went to JB yesterday and was served by Alex. The way he talks, moon and stars...but I am not stupid. I am from JB working in SG. I smell rat from these salesman crafty talks...:) but usually I am cool not like the younger days where easily tempted...haha. I like marble products. The marble furniture is not bad but I am skeptic that they will deliver the same type that in the showroom once full payment is made. He also tries to 'ketuk' me saying if transport to SG for marble products, transport cost will go up from usual RM200 to RM480...giving reason, marble furniture heavier...got such thing meh...hahaha...try to make RM280 and lost potential few thousands RM bisness...dunno what to say abt these salesman ...:-)

I also went to GuccaItaly and those shops diagonal opposite GuccaItaly...all craps furniture. The pricing of these furnitures already skyhigh eg. GuccaItaly dining table set average at RM11,000 per set before discount. After discount usually about RM7,899-RM8,999. These kinda pricing is the same within those areas. Where got so expensive dining table from these shops my fren? They're not posh shop with posh brand anyway. Went to Lorenzo, their products standard really dropped a lot...not many designs and mostly old designs.

Went to Rustica, product ok for leather sofa but others so-so nia. The lady shown me those invoices bought by Singaporean but always have to pay in full. I still feel 'Pay in Full' term is really to the disadvantage to you guys. Nobody is able to guarantee anything after the full payment is made and there will be difficult for recourse because anything can happen in JB...so be careful and always be cool and not to jump into conclusion after a few sweet talks if you still intend to buy from JB.

And each time after scouting, I will research from Internet to check whether any bad experiences by forummer and happened to see this which was posted recently...sigh!

Guess I need to find my own marble slab, get some marble factory to slice the marble slab according to size and diameter, get some carpenter to build the base and legs in order to get a my furniture...hahaha...

Oh my !! It is too late for me to read this post !!

I am already a victim of him !!

Just purchase a set sofa from them before CNY, before the full payment, they can promised you whatever you request, after the full payment, SORRY !!!

During the time I am selecting the sofa, there have lot of customer come in mostly because being trapped by them !!

PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS SHOP !!

Oh my !! It is too late for me to read this post !!

I am already a victim of him !!

Just purchase a set sofa from them before CNY, before the full payment, they can promised you whatever you request, after the full payment, SORRY !!!

During the time I am selecting the sofa, there have lot of customer come in mostly because being trapped by them !!

PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS SHOP !!

I don't mean to add insult to injury but why would anyone want to shop for furniture in JB. As it is there are enough problem shopping in Singapore, in Singapore at least you can bring them to court if you have problems. JB is in Malaysia, our law doesn't even apply.

If budget is a problem shop at IKEA or Seahorse. You'll probably end up spending more shopping in Malaysia if you run into trouble with the retailer.

I don't mean to add insult to injury but why would anyone want to shop for furniture in JB. As it is there are enough problem shopping in Singapore, in Singapore at least you can bring them to court if you have problems. JB is in Malaysia, our law doesn't even apply.

If budget is a problem shop at IKEA or Seahorse. You'll probably end up spending more shopping in Malaysia if you run into trouble with the retailer.

My dear fren...obviously u did not read the thread. I stay in Jb...of course I buy furniture from JB. And I have no problem buying furniture from other companies. Well..you can't say that Singapore are much better. Singapore now employs many foreign workers. Communication wise...it really sucks. How can you have ppl who doesn't speak english to be in the service sector. And my fren...Singapore retailers are not that honest too...even if you go to case...what can they do? small tribunal claim? u spend money first..and you dunno if you gonna get it back or not.

So what I'm saying is that...Malaysia or Singapore..they have their own flaws. We're not perfect afterall. It's a group of people that are just not responsible towards the work they're doing. And I can't deny that becos of such ppl...the rest are affected. Oh yes...Budget isn't the problem. I'm a Singaporean and has just bought a property as expensive as houses at kew height, Singapore. Do not judge ppl of where they stay...

My dear fren...obviously u did not read the thread. I stay in Jb...of course I buy furniture from JB. And I have no problem buying furniture from other companies. Well..you can't say that Singapore are much better. Singapore now employs many foreign workers. Communication wise...it really sucks. How can you have ppl who doesn't speak english to be in the service sector. And my fren...Singapore retailers are not that honest too...even if you go to case...what can they do? small tribunal claim? u spend money first..and you dunno if you gonna get it back or not.

So what I'm saying is that...Malaysia or Singapore..they have their own flaws. We're not perfect afterall. It's a group of people that are just not responsible towards the work they're doing. And I can't deny that becos of such ppl...the rest are affected. Oh yes...Budget isn't the problem. I'm a Singaporean and has just bought a property as expensive as houses at kew height, Singapore. Do not judge ppl of where they stay...

Hi Ernaz, I mean Singaporean buying from JB, obviously if you live in JB you should buy from JB. I am not saying that JB is worse than Singapore, I am saying we are still 2 different countries, if a Singaporean shops in JB there is no legal recourse, similarly if you are Malaysian and you buy from a Singaporean company that is true as well.

I am just buy a set of full leather 4L sofa, a marble dining set, tv cabinet, coffee table, guest room set , mattress and they free carpet, samsung 51" Full HD 3D tv as gift for promotion.

Actually I also very scared after I surfing this forum and know that this furniture shop got so many bad comments. But my wife insisted that survey ALL branded furniture in JB before make the conclusion. After I survey Nova, GuccaItaly, Goosens, Hup Lee , Rustica , Rozel, Lorenzo...then we finally we go Vanhoden. I pretend their regular customer and intend to find Alex, Alice and Eric ( the name that all friends here remind above ) but I found that they are not around in this shop already.

Maybe I and my wife got budget problem , so full house furniture cost RM 15k and so many free gift already attract us. When the things is delivery , although got some thing missed but very thank our directly salesman - KIM , he keep email us and follow up with us and arrange all things in good condition in one week. And I also recommend and bring my sister and friend go visit him. I also show my nervous to him before I buy things from him , but he say a words that I really agree which is " All the guys you named got problem already cant survive in this shop , nothings is 100% but I am sincerely serve you, you can compare until the time you wish to buy, Just make you mind clear " . And one thing shocked me more is he just in this furniture shop already Branch Manager.

Maybe if I got bad experience in this shop I will ask others beware of this shop same as some people. But the good experience this time I also want to share out.